[RID,UT] Revelation about off-world Transformers...

Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
SynjoDeonecros
Protoform

Revelation about off-world Transformers...

Post by SynjoDeonecros »

I just realized something: every off-world Transformer we've seen, so far, settle their disputes in one way: trial by challenge. Whether it be Speedia's races or Animatros' duels, everything is settled in a battle of abilities, with the better of the two competitors being rewarded with the win in argument. However, it's all very formal, very neat, and very fair, as to ensure an honorable match and a balanced decision. There may be little rivalries here and there, but overall, everyone obeys the system set up, because it's a system that works best for them, hence why every off-world Transformers' Force Chip is uniform for their planet. Also, every Prime from those off-worlds that we've seen have joined up with one faction or the other, not because they desire power or to help save the universe, but because they're the best at what their culture revolves around, they have no equal on their respective planets, and it took an outsider to even come close to rivaling them. They just want to test their abilities against other, new opponents, that's all.

Now, let's turn our attention to Gigalonia, the hitherto-unseen fourth planet to house a Planet Force and the home to the giant Gestalt-sized transformers. Considering that the other two isolated Transformer colonies have a similar ideology on how their society should be run, and considering that that ideology is centered on each society's traits (Speedia = Speed, Animatros = Strength), then how exactly would the Gigalonian society, being that of a race of giants, be run?
Weakness is strength.
Ignorance is knowledge.
Death is life.
For there can be no strength without weakness...
No knowledge without ignorance...
No life without death...
And no light...without darkness...

"Unicron, my master. With this, I will make you...my slave..." Galvatron, Transformers: The Movie
Raijin
Protoform

Post by Raijin »

Metroplex: I'm the tallest! I'm the leader!

Megatron: Oh yeah? *stands on his tip-toes* Now I am your leader!

Metroplex: A Challenge! *straightens his legs*

*Megatron holds up his arms*

*Metroplex does the same and stretches his fingers*

*Megatron stands on Crumplezone*
Clay

Post by Clay »

Hot dog eating contests.

But, a question. Shouldn't there be five planets? Speedia, Jungle, Cybertron, Earth, and Gigalonia? Or is there no searching on Earth?
SynjoDeonecros
Protoform

Post by SynjoDeonecros »

Originally posted by Clay
Hot dog eating contests.

But, a question. Shouldn't there be five planets? Speedia, Jungle, Cybertron, Earth, and Gigalonia? Or is there no searching on Earth?

Actually, there's no planet force for Cybertron. It's assumed that the Chip Square (Omega Lock) is the 'planet force' for Cybertron, since it's needed to awaken Primus within Cybertron. The four Planet Forces are Speedia, Animatros, Gigalonia, and Earth.
Weakness is strength.
Ignorance is knowledge.
Death is life.
No life without death...

"Unicron, my master. With this, I will make you...my slave..." Galvatron, Transformers: The Movie
Knightdramon
Protoform

Post by Knightdramon »

Originally posted by Clay
Hot dog eating contests.

The whole earth saga ended quickly because Live Convoy was kind enough to provide them with the planet force\chip square whatever. No contests or anything for it.
Alseides Prime
Protoform

Post by Alseides Prime »

seeing who can make the ground shake the most by farting.
Once upon a time, there was a little girl who hadn't seen her mother for seven years.
One day, on the way to her mother, she met a wolf.
The wolf asked her if she would be taking the path of pins, or the path of needles.
When the girl said she would be taking the path of pins, the wolf hurried of down the path of needles, and ate up the little girls' mother.
SynjoDeonecros
Protoform

Post by SynjoDeonecros »

Okay, another question: Why is Gigalonia known as the GIANT planet? I just watched the Galaxy Force episode that explains Gigalonia, and it says that there's a size-class system on the planet: with normal-sized Transformers ruling over the diminutive Minicons (hence why only Hop/Jolt can speak English; Minicons are more likely used as they wree in Armada, and wouldn't really have the kind of mental capacity to go beyond speaking in R2-D2 blips). Maybe THAT'S why it's called the Giant planet: to the Minicons, the other transformers look like giants. Either that, or (*SPOILERS!!!*) the planet's warp to another galaxy (as told in the same episode) changed the conditions of Gigalonia to the point where the Transformers on there needed to grow to Fort Max-like size to survive?
Weakness is strength.
Ignorance is knowledge.
Death is life.
No life without death...

God Jinrai
Protoform

Post by God Jinrai »

...having just seen episode 40, Megalo convoy stated that the microns had their place for dealing with minute/small/delicate things in regard to construction, etc.. but moments later, mentioned that they at times would CONTROL the larger bots. This sorta deflates the idea that "Rule by size/class"

And considering the size of the cities these folks built... and the fact that they also just let them fall into ruin only to build new ones atop the old seems to indicate that they'd have to be pretty strong to build so quick... and heavy duty construction equipment tends to be pretty big. Look at the size of most dumptrucks you see at big strip mine places... they have a ladder to go from the ground up to the cab.

Longhaul in G1 I don't think was that big. I could be wrong, but I don't think he was.

put simply, these guys HAD to be big to do what they did, and as quickly as they did it.

BTW... anyone else catch the public safety announcement?
SoundCrush
Protoform

:P

Post by SoundCrush »

AND now you know!

"...and knowing it half the battle!"
Skill without imagination gives us craftsmanship, which produces many useful objects such as wickwork picnic baskets. Imagination without skill gives us Modern Art.
- Tom Stoppard