[mr] Holy Crap Give Me $700 Now Bitches!!!

Chat about stuff other than Transformers.
Cliffjumper

[mr] Holy Crap Give Me $700 Now Bitches!!!

Post by Cliffjumper »

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... 0169876714

I am just never going to own the thing. Bastards at Bandai, deliberately releasing this as an exclusive but making sure 3-Wheel Buggy Retard came out in the regular line. BASTARDS I SAY.
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Having a hard time considering an open toy of that size (and/or complexity) is worth three hundred and fifty quid to anyone.
secretcode

Post by secretcode »

Sigh.. $700 dollars American, Austrailian, or Canadian? Wait... Give or Loan?
Latest Hauls: Supertrain Megazord, RID Galvatron, Nightwatch Prime
TF Total: 173 ---- Non-TF: 32
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Give... Erm, I can... I dunno... dance you a jig?
Originally posted by Denyer
Having a hard time considering an open toy of that size (and/or complexity) is worth three hundred and fifty quid to anyone.

Ahhh, but I have little to no idea of value for money - basically, if I want it and can afford it, that's all the maths that comes into it. I have my mad "levelling" theory coming into play as well. Thankfully, I literally do not have the money and so can't buy it and just starve for the rest of the month. If I could afford it, I'd go for it, probably (it's a little different collecting Gobots/MR... considering that Mugenbine's left me cold, I have a finite amount of figures to collect... and not that many left to get - even collecting the most obscure variants would leave me with a collection not much bigger than, say, the entire first four or five series of Transformers).

Amusingly, there're actually two on sale on ebay at the moment... Bickford (I think) said some magazine estimates something like 250 are in anywhere approaching respectable condition in about 2002.
Hound

Post by Hound »

But... It's ugly!
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Originally posted by Hound
But... It's ugly!

For a Transformer, yes. For a Gobot?

ImageImage

ImageImage

He probably has the pick of the chicks.

ImageImage

ImageImage

Erm yeh, never mind...
Hound

Post by Hound »

Wait do you have a pic of monocle guy, the toy I mean, did it come with a monocle?

Wasn't there one of those big Gobots that had like this big double barrel thing for a hand?

Edit: Actually, know what? You hook me up with all the 1982 original G.I.Joes figures complete w/ acc. and all the vehicles complete w/ acc. in at least fair condition and I'm right there for you on this guy.
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Originally posted by Hound
Wait do you have a pic of monocle guy, the toy I mean, did it come with a monocle?

Wasn't there one of those big Gobots that had like this big double barrel thing for a hand?

http://counter-x.net/gobots/reviews/herr_fiend.html ? Toy was sadly missing any facial features, though as soon as I get a better condition one, I'm definitely kitbashing that bastard. He was called Dr. Go in the cartoon - something I've never understood.

EDIT: http://counter-x.net/gobots/tv/images/0 ... ga017.html - a villanous cartoon scientist who experiments on people and has a Germanic accent and a monocle? Mmmm, PC...
inflatable dalek

Post by inflatable dalek »

So s/he'll only throw in free shipping if you go for the Buy It Now option? For two hundred odd quid I'd expect it hand delivered.

Sad to say Cliffy, I'd have given you the money if you'd only asked for it in £'s. I only deal in sterling... Still, look on the bright side, it would only wind up sitting in a depot for weeks till a striking postie throws it over the picket line and breaks it on a managers head.
REVIISITATION: THE HOLE TRUTH
STARSCREAM GOES TO PIECES IN MY LOOK AT INFILTRATION #6!
PLUS: BUY THE BOOKS!
Glitcher
Protoform

Post by Glitcher »

I'd actually like Cliffjumper to buy this toy, only to see the look on his face when he's no longer into Transformers and he realizes he just spent $700 on a really small and ugly toy. :rolleyes:
inflatable dalek

Err, surely he'd realise that you've just spent $700 on a small and ugly toy?
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Originally posted by Glitcher
I'd actually like Cliffjumper to buy this toy, only to see the look on his face when he's no longer into Transformers and he realizes he just spent $700 on a really small and ugly toy. :rolleyes:

Why wouldn't I be into Transformers at any point in the future? Not all of us dip in and out of things as and when they're k3wl.
inflatable dalek

Originally posted by inflatable dalek
Err, surely he'd realise that you've just spent $700 on a small and ugly toy?

Woops,,I misread the post to think it said Glitcher was offering to buy the toy. Boy, I feel stupid now.
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Originally posted by inflatable dalek
Woops,,I misread the post to think it said Glitcher was offering to buy the toy. Boy, I feel stupid now.

Erm, never mind. Your Paul Parker attempts at help have been noted ;)

Besides which, the thing's been relisted with a $600 BIN/$400 opening bid. If it was to go to $200 for a bid or BIN, I'd probably go for it; as it is, there's too much different stuff out there I don't have... I''d have to either a) have pretty much everything else in the line (the two other 600 series moulds I don't have are still top priority, plus I need some money stashed for whenever someone lists a Night Fright) or b) I had about twice that amount avaliable in disposable. As I've said elsewhere, I've had so many bargains (the Mini Cooper and Crap Bike remain the only ones I've spent anywhere near the going price for; Apollo Robo, Doubledecker Bus Robo and New Shinkansen all came my way for about the price of a Titanium... and that's just for starters) that spending a lot on a figure wouldn't really bother me that much.

It's difficult to think of a parallel for Transformers, because I don't think any TF unique mould (obviously excluding very minor retools) was made in such small numbers... when you add into that wear and tear and that it's white, and the number of respectable condition ones that are in the hands of collectors, it's a very, very rare piece.

Personally I don't think it's particularly bad looking, either. Not the best piece of work Popy did, but certainly not particularly unpleasing.