I Just Need To Say This...

Chat about stuff other than Transformers.
Dinobot

I Just Need To Say This...

Post by Dinobot »

What I have written in the other thread has been completely misinterpreted. There seems to be a misconception that I think all Catholics are damned for hell which just simply isn't true. I believe that anyone will see heaven if they accept Christ. Aren't I entitled to this belief? Does it harm you that I believe that? I don't hate Catholics, my best friend is a Catholic, my mother is a Catholic, I just simply do not see the point of some of what goes on in the Catholic church and think that if they are trying to follow the Bible there are points where they are going wrong. This is my opinion and my interpretation of the Bible. Anyone would think I wasn't allowed an opinion or to express it. I admit I could have worded things better and I probably presented some things as fact which I shouldn't have and I'm sorry. I also admit I did get worked up but I'm human and I get pissed off. I apologise to those who I pissed off (except Auros cuz he's just an asshole who likes a fight). I want to discuss relgion and am interested in hearing everyone's POV. Some people on this board talk about their right to an opinion then jump all over someone for having a different one. If I get banned then I get banned, but I have flamed no one, I do not hate Catholics and have never said I do, so if I was to be banned I think it would be a complete injustice. I'm a little annoyed about the thread being closed because there are points about Big Maki's last post I would like to reply to but I won't do it here because clearly the Mod's want the discussion ended. Big Maki, if you would be willing to listen to what I have to say through a PM let me know, if not, well that's your perogative. I have no beef with you and would galdly buy you a pint, as I would with anyone on this board (except maybe Auros).
"Tell my tale to those who ask. Tell it truly - the ill deeds, along with the good - and let me be judged accordingly. The rest... is silence."
Dinobot - Code Of Hero
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

You'd buty Zombie Dave a pint? I suppose the key is whether you **** hm with the glass when he's done...
Dinobot

Post by Dinobot »

Originally posted by Quicksilver
You'd buty Zombie Dave a pint? I suppose the key is whether you **** hm with the glass when he's done...
Only to help him drown his sorrows when Spurs have been trounced by Leeds. ;)
"Tell my tale to those who ask. Tell it truly - the ill deeds, along with the good - and let me be judged accordingly. The rest... is silence."
Dinobot - Code Of Hero
Sir Auros

Re: I Just Need To Say This...

Post by Sir Auros »

Originally posted by Galvatron84
I apologise to those who I pissed off (except Auros cuz he's just an asshole who likes a fight).

I have no beef with you and would galdly buy you a pint, as I would with anyone on this board (except maybe Auros).

No f*cking way, you're raising a thread that was killed because of YOUR intolerance and you're accusing me of having you misinterpreted. You should've been banned for that last thread, and after that, you sure as sh*t should be banned for this one.

And what the f*ck do you think you're doing accusing me of being an asshole who just likes to fight when that's all you were doing in that last thread, you intentionally provoked Cloudstrifer to fighting, and now you're provoking me to the same end.

BAN HIM.
Strafe

Post by Strafe »

I just simply do not see the point of some of what goes on in the Catholic church and think that if they are trying to follow the Bible there are points where they are going wrong. This is my opinion and my interpretation of the Bible.

Exactly. Your interpretation of the Bible. There is a reason why there are so many denominations of Christianity. That's the problem in your thread. You were assuming 1)That the Bible wasn't open to interpretation, only literal readings count, and 2)That your misunderstanding Catholicism led you to believe that Catholics were somehow heretical and not with Christ.

Now that you admit that it's your interpretation that leads you to this, we are on somewhat safer ground. Somewhat being the key word.

Personally I feel that you owe an apology for your comments in that thread since you really did completely misunderstand Catholicism in it's entierty and then proceeded to make a bunch of value judgments based on that misunderstanding.

To not offer an apology is to suggest that you haven't really learned anything from that topic despite the best efforts of BigMaki and others...
Ultimate Weapon

Post by Ultimate Weapon »

That is completely uncalled for and unwarranted G84! Auros is a debater and you are on his bad side in his eyes and will remain there. It is you that cannot accept this fact
The Green Knight

Post by The Green Knight »

10 Snakeskins says this thread is going to experience the power of the Garand Signature-Line Brand of Padlock....
Dinobot

Post by Dinobot »

Auros, no one on this board flames as much as you. You're a sad little **** that never goes offline and stalks people flaiming them simply cuz you don't like them. Grow the **** up you sad sack of ****. Why did you say you replied to my comments in the last thread? To let me know you were disgusted at me right? Do I know that? Yes. But what do you do? You just keep spouting **** about me being a hate mongorer and you're the biggest hater I've ever come across, always running your mouth and never letting things just die down. If you'd just registered your views instead of flaming me in it'd never have gotten so out of hand. I have a right to an opinion and I just think that some aspects of Catholisism is wrong. Deal with the fact I have a mind of my own and I right to speak my mind, and quit acting like a little pansy. Look at how many enemies you've made on this board, that should tell you something about what annoying little nugget of **** you are.
Personally I feel that you owe an apology for your comments in that thread since you really did completely misunderstand Catholicism in it's entierty and then proceeded to make a bunch of value judgments based on that misunderstanding.
I'm not going to apologise. I think Catholisism is wrong its a simple as that.
Dinobot - Code Of Hero
The Green Knight

Post by The Green Knight »

Make that 20 snakeskins...
nmathew
Protoform

Post by nmathew »

This post is a mistake, probably.

Could we all not post in this thread anymore? No last words, just let this go. I've reported this to our moderators, and I really hope that it get closed fast.

This thread is leading no where good.
Strafe

Post by Strafe »

Auros, no one on this board flames as much as you. You're a sad little **** that never goes offline blah blah blah

Oh stick a cork in it.

Enough flaming Auros.

I just think that some aspects of Catholisism is wrong

I'm not going to apologise. I think Catholisism is wrong its a simple as that.

Hmm...you had a chance to give yourself a way out, but not anymore...
Garand

Post by Garand »

Originally posted by Sir Auros
No f*cking way, you're raising a thread that was killed
Point
Originally posted by Sir Auros

BAN HIM.
Yuo do relize requesting a ban for someond may earn one for yourself from administration?
Auros, no one on this board flames as much as you. You're a sad little **** that never goes offline and stalks people flaiming them simply cuz you don't like them. Grow the **** up you sad sack of ****.
and now you're flaming..

You just keep spouting **** about me being a hate mongorer and you're the biggest hater I've ever come across, always running your mouth and never letting things just die down. If you'd just registered your views instead of flaming me in it'd never have gotten so out of hand. I have a right to an opinion and I just think that some aspects of Catholisism is wrong. Deal with the fact I have a mind of my own
point

keep it civial.. or this thread gets locked too!
Sir Auros

Post by Sir Auros »

LMFAO

Oh so funny. I gave you a chance kid, once you seemed like you were going to be reasonable, I stopped flaming and started debating...ie-as soon as you stopped flaming, I stopped flaming. If YOU hadn't been flaming in the first place, then I wouldn't have flamed you. I started because you were being such an ass to people and shooting off your mouth, even you yourself conceded this point, and I had let it go at that. Then, you started up again with BigMaki and Strafe, so I drew the line again. Those two are some of the most respectable members we've had here in a long time, and you go and presume to know more about their own religion than they do, and continue to tell them that they're wrong and ignore their points?

To quote my new amigo, Flamemaster Galvatron...
YOU HAVE BEEN REPORTED!

EDIT-A "pansy" eh? Going for anti-gay flames as well, eh?
BigMaki
Protoform

Post by BigMaki »

Big Maki, if you would be willing to listen to what I have to say through a PM let me know, if not, well that's your perogative. I have no beef with you and would galdly buy you a pint, as I would with anyone on this board (except maybe Auros).

You know, we could continue the discussion via PM, but to be honest, it would lead us nowhere. You have your beliefs, I have mine, and it seems as if the small differences that are there are going to keep our views apart for the forseeable future. We are both quite strong in what we believe, and I've no doubt that anything I say will not change your mind, as nothing I say will change yours. Let's just leave it locked, dead, buried and move on.

And hey, I'm for pints all around, as long as we keep religion out of the drunken discussion afterwards... :D
axio
Protoform

Post by axio »

yippie, everyone watch me not care about what the Nazi says... yippie!
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Awww, but when I'm drunk I always insist I'm the only person in the world and the rest of it is a figment of my imagination, as I'm the only one I know isn't a figment of my imagination, so therefore I must be some sort of God. Oh well...
Sir Auros

Post by Sir Auros »

Awww, but when I'm drunk I always insist I'm the only person in the world and the rest of it is a figment of my imagination, as I'm the only one I know isn't a figment of my imagination, so therefore I must be some sort of God. Oh well...

I love you Quicksilver...
BigMaki
Protoform

Post by BigMaki »

Shouldn't you be in bed by now? ;)

Speaking of which....
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Originally posted by BigMaki
Shouldn't you be in bed by now? ;)

You'd think so, wouldn't you? Sadly I'm slowly progressing in my essay [I found out at 4pm GMT I had two to do, the Classical Hollywood one and the Pop music one, both 4,000 words... it's currently about 5am GMT as I've been taking breaks to wander aroud this place...] and it's got to be in before 12 noon. If I complete this essay and then go to bed, there's no way I'll get up at 11 to go into uni, print the essay off and hand it in, therefore it's more sensible [well, plausible] that I just finish it off at a leisurely pace, then go in at 8am when the uni opens, hand it in and then go to bed....
BigMaki
Protoform

Post by BigMaki »

If I complete this essay and then go to bed, there's no way I'll get up at 11 to go into uni, print the essay off and hand it in, therefore it's more sensible [well, plausible] that I just finish it off at a leisurely pace, then go in at 8am when the uni opens, hand it in and then go to bed....

Y'know, when I hear stuff like that, it really makes me miss school all that much more. My alarm goes off in six hours and I have to be to work a little while thereafter. Repeat daily. Welcome to the rest of your life... :p