MY DAYS. ebay is flooded with them....

Figures, collectables, customs and collecting.
Jetfire

MY DAYS. ebay is flooded with them....

Post by Jetfire »

Knockoff gestalts.
I've seen devestator (hes the most common as we know) as well as douzens of Menasors, Superions, bruticus, defensors and even several Raidens.On bye it now for about $10.

I'm very tenpted to get a few at these prices.Are they worth it?Are they any good?
Do they stand?Quality of plastic?Lasatability?

------------------
One great website.
Thanks to Skywarp-again for the pic below.

I wonder....
Mirage

Post by Mirage »

I've been wondering the same thing. There's loads of Superion Devastator and Menasor knock-offs just appeared on eBay UK. I don't have a Superion and am thinking about getting one, I mean they look the same, but.....

Isn't Rock the guy who knows about the knock-off stuff? C'mon peoples champ, we need answers......

------------------
Image Image

"Hail to the king, baby"

------------

"Now, it is 1984, knock!, knock!, at your front door, it's the suede denim secret police!, they have come for your uncool niece" - Dead Kennedys, California Uber Alles
Reflector

Post by Reflector »

Review time!

Devastator - Not bad. Includes three Constructicon guns, Mixmaster's head gun, both drills, and all Devs parts. Look decently accurate, save the lack of chrome paint. My big problem is the fact that the Scrapper does not fit the waist section. Luckily, my original Scrapper does, but the whole thing's a bit wobbly.

Defensor - Eh. Includes Defensor parts and one of Hot Spot's guns. For some reason, there is a bucket on the end of the ladder... with a Decepticon symbol. I quickly removed that. Looks pretty nice, save Hot Spot's being red, as well as Groove's wheels. My big complaint is that Blades' waist will not extend, and some of the connections refuse to work.

Superion - Not bad. Includes Silverbolt's gun and Superion parts. Stickers are all decently accurate, except a few random Autobot symbols on the feet (they aren't supposed to be there, right?). Looks very good combined. My complaint is that when I tried to lower Slingshot's front wheel, it snapped. Not a big problem; just stick it back in there and don't complain, though he's now reduced to being a leg forever.

I will be getting the Landcross, Raiden, Sixtrain, Sixwing, Computronasor, and perhaps Triple Changer sets in a few weeks. I'll review them when I do if anyone wants.

------------------
"Luckily, I'm immune to idiots." - Wes Holevinski
Sig presented by Skywarp the Omnificent of The TF Mausoleum
Wildfire Herald

Post by Wildfire Herald »

Were you drunk when you posted this, or just no typing skills?

------------------

Who is?: Wild Harry, Wildfry Heruld, Wildfighter Herbal, Wildfly Harold, Mildchild Gerald, Wilburforce Hairgel, Wildchild Feral, Widebirth Lovechild, Willy Harrelson, Wally Hell, Wildfur Hairball, Wilco Herring, Wendy Harvard, Wes Holevinski, Wildabeast Gerard, Wildnuts Ferald, Hillbilly Weasel, Wilson Halfwit, Freight-train Hellbound, Wildlife Herald, Wheelchair Fairchild, Wherefore Hendrix, Wimmenfolk Halibut, Where's Harry?, Mildwild Ferald, Wildfry Harry

"'Speedbreaker got a new Spark engine and he was impressed' good, good for him" -Flec on Techspecs

Keep CR alive, refuse retarded western names
SN: ScUm 0 tHe EaRtH
ThunderCracker84

Post by ThunderCracker84 »

Flec, also on the devastator remake they put Bonecrusher's legs backwards. Not hard to fix, but come on, I would expect a little more

------------------
Can you guess who made this fine sig here, thats right Skywarp did
------------------
Apparently if I were an Autobot I would be:
------------------
"I've never seen anything this beautiful in the entire galaxy--okay, give me the bomb." -Ultra Magnus
RID Scourge

Post by RID Scourge »

I have to say that the quality of the plastic is inferior.

------------------
They were the dream.
Mechanical beings able to transform their bodies into vehicles, machinery and weapons;
a last line of defense against the CHAOS-BRINGER,

UNICRON. Image

Looks like I'm:

Use the dirtier side of your imagination

Get your mind in the gutter

Break free from this prison where they keep your freedom of expression.

PaladinPrime: Supporter of the kill all lurkers, and eat them campaign.
Savannahtron

Post by Savannahtron »

I have seen them all over, and I am sick of them posting "original"
some guy from the Phillipines (sp?) almost got me on an "Original" Microman Megatron, the one before all the accessories, and I let him know that he falsely advertised the item, and that I was not going to buy.

How did I find out before I paid? He listed it again the next day after I won, and used the same pic but listed it as "Taiwan clone"

I really say beware...the clones are cheap for a reason, and only devalue the real ones.

------------------
Seeing Jazz in a whole new light.
Pun-3X

Post by Pun-3X »

Originally posted by PaladinPrime:
I have to say that the quality of the plastic is inferior.

....Yup, clones usually are.

....sorry, I just like the periods....
Jetfire

Post by Jetfire »

Originally posted by Wildfire Herald:
Were you drunk when you posted this, or just no typing skills?

In retrospec I did have a fair few.Not enough to really think I was drunk at the time but clearly plrnty enough to lose it all....

Anyone recon the Raiden knockoff is worth it?
I mean thats one impossible tf to actually get in the Uk here.

------------------
One great website.

I wonder....
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Dammit, why can't the dude use "buy it now"?!

I would e-mail him and just order a couple of the things, but not from an e-bay newbie with zero feedback...

Oh... I might still... if they're cheap... Image

------------------

Check out my collection & trade list and other TF stuff @ denyer.cjb.net!
Later, when I was hanging from the tree... — Bill Hicks
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Of the ones i have, i'd recommend:

Raiden
Sixtrain
Green Devastator

And I'd not recommend:

Defensor
Multi-coloured Dev [who has recently become a Christmas present for the guy who lives opposite me]

------------------

Please visit my site, The Transformers Database and visit the totally alive, kicking and far-out Message Board!

"Another day out with the boys - just me, Chaos and Mayhem - I love this job!"
"I'm Godzilla, you're Tokyo!"
"You haven't been where I have at all, so who are you to judge?"
"What am I, an idiot magnet?"
"Just remember kid, I'm not teachin' you this so you can go out an' kill people - I'm teaching you this to keep ya alive."
Walk a mile in my shoes, then criticise the way I am.
Sir Auros

Post by Sir Auros »

originally posted by pun-3x:
....sorry, I just like the periods....
Those are ellipsises dammit!

------------------
Down with lame Japanese names! Fight Super Lifeform Transformers my @$$

Guess what my sn is on aim? yeah, Sir Auros
nmathew
Protoform

Post by nmathew »

Sir Auros, sorry, but since they don't actually replace part of a sentance (tat I can tell) they are not ellipsises...

--NMathew
________
Kitchen Measures
Jetfire

Post by Jetfire »

Originally posted by Cliffjumper:
Of the ones i have, i'd recommend:

Raiden
Sixtrain
Green Devastator

And I'd not recommend:

Defensor
Multi-coloured Dev [who has recently become a Christmas present for the guy who lives opposite me]

Cheer's Cliffy.

Finally Devestator.

Umm how much lesser than the originals would you say they are?
No difference if you never had the original or good but a clear lesser tf?

$15 Dollars for a decent Devestator or Raiden fake still sounds too good to be true.

------------------
One great website.

I wonder....
Jetfire

Post by Jetfire »

EDIT:Sorry about the double post but a different coloured 'flattop' boradside and wirrd coloured Blitzwing are about now too.
But they look worse than the gestalts IMHO and are not as hard to obtain either.

Originally posted by Savannahtron:

I really say beware...the clones are cheap for a reason, and only devalue the real ones.

Course somewhere most of the dealers who do the clones have a great feedback record and advertise it is a unofficial remake.

As for devaluing the real ones....ABOUT TIME Image.
I totally for this.Its not like its hasbro are curently victims of this.They havent made any of the cloned versions since the early 90's (G2).
Most of everyone who is collecting tf's will say they are well over priced.Any gestalt team will cost you into the hundreds.At times riduculosly over priced.A normal person cant really afford it unless they sacarfice something else from their living costs.

Sure their lesser.You expact a big drop in quality at the price their being offered at surly?

At the moment this is quite a good thing.

------------------
One great website.

I wonder....

[This message has been edited by Jetfire (edited 12-14-2001).]
Savannahtron

Post by Savannahtron »

I know what you are saying, but I will guarantee the quality of the Jetfire in the Box I have is much nicer than the Clone VF-1S all over eBay.

I just did not want you to expect too much from the toys, because they might look like a duck, might quack like a duck, but by God, when you want to serve it up for Christmas dinner, it sure as hell don't taste like a duck.

Good luck, and I hope you can find some really nice "clones" for a cheap price...

As for me, Make Mine Marvel!

------------------
Savannahtron

Post by Savannahtron »

P.S.
I see the clones down at the Flea Market all the time, maybe you can find some there too, esp. since X-Mas is just around the corner.

------------------
Jetfire

Post by Jetfire »

Cheers Savannahtron but non of these clones have set foot in the UK period outside of ebay sellers.
And besides I prefer Turkey for christmas Image

Uk is pretty strapped for tf goods thus I have to get what I can and its nice not be forced to get ripped off when you really really want something.

Either way I'm going for the clones remomended here.

Devestator (green of course), Superion and Raiden (Never thought I would ever get this one).
Would love menasor but two parts look unfamilar to me for some reason Image

------------------
One great website.

I wonder....
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Devastator's quality isn't up to top standards, but he's certainly quite good - only let-down is the stickers, but a visit to http://reprolabels.com will solve that if you're a picky old bean! Raiden is even better, there's nothing wrong with him that isn't wrong with the original toy, and you save several hundred pounds also...

------------------

Please visit my site, The Transformers Database and visit the totally alive, kicking and far-out Message Board!

"Another day out with the boys - just me, Chaos and Mayhem - I love this job!"
"I'm Godzilla, you're Tokyo!"
"You haven't been where I have at all, so who are you to judge?"
"What am I, an idiot magnet?"
"Just remember kid, I'm not teachin' you this so you can go out an' kill people - I'm teaching you this to keep ya alive."
Walk a mile in my shoes, then criticise the way I am.