First pics of WSTF special edition Hot Rodimus

Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
Nevermore

First pics of WSTF special edition Hot Rodimus

Post by Nevermore »

Looking for a complete Energon Sky Shadow (from Superion Maximus).
Offering: Binaltech Hound, Swindle, Ravage (Corvette), Skids.
Can buy in stores: Robot Heroes Tigatron/Inferno, Ricochet/Predaking.
The Wild One

Re: First pics of WSTF special edition Hot Rodimus

Post by The Wild One »

Originally posted by Nevermore
http://www.cdrw.com.cn/images/upfile/2004610105350.jpg
http://www.cdrw.com.cn/images/upfile/200461010544.jpg
http://www.cdrw.com.cn/images/upfile/2004610105541.jpg

In comparison with Micromaster hot Rodimus and Targetmaster Hot Rod's Nebulan partner Firebolt. :)

I like it. Looks pretty good.
It's time to get wild!!!!!
The Wild One
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Pretty nifty. Now, if only they weren't sodding impossible to collect at anything resembling a reasonable price...

I like the larger ones, generally. WST Sideswipe was a let-down in terms of accessories and detail for the scale. Starscream is cooler, and I should have the Thrust one on the way for only a couple of quid.
Ultimate Weapon

Post by Ultimate Weapon »

Why is it a special edition? And if Hasbro has plans to release WSTF then at laugh at Takara and their specially random placed figure BS.
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

That's probably a big "if" ...the PVCs didn't go down too well.

It'll sell, anyway. Takara can always number theirs.
DrEvil

Post by DrEvil »

Takara should do what they did with the Micromaster put a little number on the instution sheet which shows through a hole in the bottom corner. Better that way.

He does look a cool one. I'ved liked the WSTF range.... Soundwave and Starscream are just AWEsome although I never liked Bumblebee's arms.
Wolfang

Post by Wolfang »

I was gonna keep collecting WSTF, but now that Soundwave and Skywarp are [more] ludicously priced and Jazz is the series 2 chase figure, that kind of put me off. Hot Rodimus isn't helping. But Skids and Tracks are in the works, yes?

I've got to admit: I do like the look of Prowl and Thrust, but I don't know whether to carry on collecting WSTF at the prices some places charge...

What I don't understand is, why couldn't they have done some of the more pointless repaints as chase figures? Like a green Bumblebee, Sunstorm, Clampdown or Stepper? Then I wouldn't be so averse to them.
"I hold to a simple philosophy: assume everyone's a piece of c*** and then be pleasantly surprised if you find people who ain't."
DrEvil

Post by DrEvil »

They might in a future line. I think they just need to get the basics out of the way to see if they would sell...
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Originally posted by Wolfang
I was gonna keep collecting WSTF, but now that Soundwave and Skywarp are [more] ludicously priced and Jazz is the series 2 chase figure, that kind of put me off. Hot Rodimus isn't helping. But Skids and Tracks are in the works, yes?

I've got to admit: I do like the look of Prowl and Thrust, but I don't know whether to carry on collecting WSTF at the prices some places charge...

What I don't understand is, why couldn't they have done some of the more pointless repaints as chase figures? Like a green Bumblebee, Sunstorm, Clampdown or Stepper? Then I wouldn't be so averse to them.
Yeah, Jazz and Soundwave are two I'd have liked. They're nifty, but they wouldn't sell if priced above £3 at retail. Micro-engineering just isn't a big deal these days.
Wolfang

Post by Wolfang »

Yeah I guess so... sorry you didn't like Sideswipe. I'm glad you liked Screamer, though.

Like you say, it's just the fact that they are so expensive for such tiny things. I mean... its £5 for one of those and £7 for a Minicon 3-pack or basic Energon figure. That kinda worked out wrong...
"I hold to a simple philosophy: assume everyone's a piece of c*** and then be pleasantly surprised if you find people who ain't."
DrEvil

Post by DrEvil »

At least you can see what you get for your 7 Quid. With WSTF and PVC's and anything else from Japan in a box you never know what you're gettin. Really annoyin if you've only got 1 to get or whatnot like stickers :wall:
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Originally posted by Wolfang
Yeah I guess so... sorry you didn't like Sideswipe. I'm glad you liked Screamer, though.
Win some, lose some. Didn't keep most of my RiD impulse buys either.

There's no way in hell Mini-Cons should work out as over £2 each. WSTFs at least are novelties, and that's how they're sold in Japan. They're fairly cheap on their home market because of the lucky dip sales tactic, but there's probably some sort of local group arrangements for trading and selling.

Doc, are you buying sealed cases? All of those I've seen around here have been opened to check contents.
DrEvil

Post by DrEvil »

No, Only sealed cases I ever bought were the first 2 series of MyClone Transformers and Act 5 I think it was.

I just usually get individule boxes... when I have the spare cash.