Takara's 11th and 12th Reissues Chosen.

Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
Bombshell

Takara's 11th and 12th Reissues Chosen.

Post by Bombshell »

From http://www.tformers.com/

It is hard to beat Soundwave being reissued, but dig on this. Dave of AnimeDavesWorld has passed along news to us that the the next Takara reissues will be #11 Mini-Bot Set and #12 Astrotrain. Not sure what that Mini-bot set will be, but we will post more info as soon as it comes in.
Brave Maximus

Post by Brave Maximus »

Probably like Hubcap, warpath, cosmos, seaspray, beachcomber, and the others as the guys doing the key chains floped out.

As long as they don't mean "Minispys" I think we'll be happy

Still I wonder if they're going to do anything with the tapes?
BigMaki
Protoform

Post by BigMaki »

Well, this is... Interesting. I bet we get a pack of tapes for Soundwave as #13. I'm betting we'll get the white version of Astrotrain as well. Makes me glad I bought a Blitzwing instead of him... ;)

Seems like it would be tough to do the eHobby exclusives thing this time, with a pack of minibots. Then again, are they even doing one for Soundwave? I had hopes for a Soundblaster paint job, but I'm not foolhardy enough to expect the 2-tape remolding, though. Still, I like the exclusives, it would be a shame for them to stop making them...
Brave Maximus

Post by Brave Maximus »

Well, they could do like a desert camo paint Warpath and a silver UFO cosmos etc, it would be fun that way.

I'd like to see the "Show Colours" for astro train reissue and maybe the white as the other exclusive.

A Soundblaster repaint for an exclusive would be awsome :D
as long as it's not the Twincast colours I'll be happy

Now as for the tapes - I liked that idea earlier - get all the tapes ever made, autobot and Decepticon (all 30 or so of them) and do them in "Micromaster reissue" style - with recoloured chases and stuff like that - that would be good
Ultimate Weapon

Post by Ultimate Weapon »

I already have Astrotrain so Bah!
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

So have I... but the white version looks much nicer, I think.

A set of cassettes would be fantastic.
StoneCold Skywarp
Custom Title: Best Served Chilled

Post by StoneCold Skywarp »

Cassettes would be awesome!

I've still my original of Astrotrain, though I must admit that the white version does look a lot nicer...
Raiden
Protoform

Post by Raiden »

Well, being the huge Astrotrain fan that I am, I already brought the white Astrotrain *plus* a MISB Astrotrain, but if Takara reissues it I will buy it again. Astrotrain is my favorite tri-changer and more is merrier! :)
Bombshell

Pics Update

Post by Bombshell »

Blitzwing

Post by Blitzwing »

Season 1 Minibots... that's a good choice. I don't have any, but I have most of the season 2 and 3 ones. :)

Already have white Astrotrain though.
BigMaki
Protoform

Post by BigMaki »

Am I the only one with no white Astrotrain? ;) I have all of those minibots already, but I certainly could use some replacements for the ones I've had since childhood.

I think Dave is just using whatever photos he had on hand, so I'm still hoping we get a white Astrotrain offered. :D
Wolfang

Post by Wolfang »

I don't have an Astrotrain at all, so quit whining. If they do a Minibot set of six as a reissue [is that going to be a double box, a la Megs?] then surely a set of six tapes would not be out of the question. Ravage, Rumble, Frenzy, Laserbeak, Ratbat [gah!] and another one? Perhaps? Or maybe four would be better.... scrap Ratbat.

I really like the reissues. Now I need to get a new job, get some money and buy some more... like those ones...
BigMaki
Protoform

Post by BigMaki »

Originally posted by Wolfang
I don't have an Astrotrain at all, so quit whining.

Hey, I don't have any Astrotrain, either. Just seems weird that so many people already have a white one...
Black Sideswipe
Protoform

Post by Black Sideswipe »

Since Hasbro seems to eventually release all these reissues under the Commemorative Series line, I wonder if they'll do a white or grey Astrotrain. Since they released the whole Japanese God Ginrai, I'd guess white.
Dinobot

Post by Dinobot »

I already have Astrotrain but he's not in great condition, I've recently bought some Mini-bots on eBay but it'll be cool to get the rest.
"Tell my tale to those who ask. Tell it truly - the ill deeds, along with the good - and let me be judged accordingly. The rest... is silence."
Dinobot - Code Of Hero
Capt
Protoform

Post by Capt »

am I the only one who doesn't believe that these are the next reissues?

I'll wait until it's officially announced before believing it - a web store isn't good enough.
Capt
Abusing the English written language since the 1980s
Dinobot

Post by Dinobot »

Originally posted by Capt
am I the only one who doesn't believe that these are the next reissues?

I'll wait until it's officially announced before believing it - a web store isn't good enough.
Why wouldn't they be?
"Tell my tale to those who ask. Tell it truly - the ill deeds, along with the good - and let me be judged accordingly. The rest... is silence."
Dinobot - Code Of Hero
Wolfang

Post by Wolfang »

Originally posted by BigMaki
Hey, I don't have any Astrotrain, either. Just seems weird that so many people already have a white one...
My bad, dude. Sorry.

I am inclined to agree with Capt to an extent, though. I don't know if I agree with his standpoint on it... but when they have a bunch of other G1 Autobots, why choose six Minibots to be #11?

Don't get me wrong... I'll buy it if it comes to pass. But when I consider that Mirage, Hound, Blaster and Bluestreak [amongst others] are still waiting in the wings for a reissue, I do kinda wonder.
-Predaking-
Protoform

Post by -Predaking- »

Mmm........It would be nice if #13 is Blitzwing. I got one loose and the another MISB so a book version with DW cover art would be awesome.
The Spider
Protoform

Post by The Spider »

Originally posted by Wolfang
I don't have an Astrotrain at all, so quit whining.

I don't have an Astrotrain or any of the mini-bots EXCEPT for Bumblebee. Let's see them beat that.