What do you collect? (Besides Transformers)

Chat about stuff other than Transformers.
Amarant Odinson
Protoform

What do you collect? (Besides Transformers)

Post by Amarant Odinson »

Well, what else do you go after? Is it He-Man? Some video game stuff? Anime? Whatever it is, let us in on the big secret. Inquiring want to know.

As for me, I'm a huge Todd MacFarlane fan. some of his figures are truly works of art. I have quite a few of his Movie Maniac stuff including Eric Draven from The Crow, a Jason & Freddie box set and Edward Sicssorhands(sp). I have some Spawn stuff as well as some of the 12inch ones from his and Clive Barker's Tortured Souls series.

Along with that is a lot of Final Fantasy figures and posters and a lot of Transformers, Star Wars, G.I. Joe and other 80's cartoon stuff.

At the moment I'm really looking forward to The Twisted Land of Oz series coming out soon done by Todd MacFarlane. The detail looks fantastic. This is Dorthy from that series from spawn.com.

Anyway, I'm done talking now. Your turn to share with the group.
:D
WRESTLING:
In Canada, its a Tradition... in Mexico, its a Religion.... in Japan, its a Sport... in America.... Its a Joke.

Snake
Protoform

Post by Snake »

I'm a collector of all things sharp and pointy (ancient weapons; swords, daggers, ect.)

And DVDs too.
Back for good... for Evil.
Halfshell

Post by Halfshell »

I collect dust.
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Music, films, books. Nothing simply for the sake of completion, though.

Music in particular: The Crocketts, The Wildhearts (and related stuff), Green Day.

Books in particular: Star Trek New Frontier, Douglas Adams, Terry Pratchett, Forgotten Realms, DragonLance. Mostly fiction, mostly sci-fi or fantasy. I count Christopher Brookmyre as verging on fantasy...
Sixswitch

Post by Sixswitch »

Deep Space 9 DVD boxed sets. Not that it really counts I suppose.

I used to collect Warhammer 40k several years back, but it got too expensive.

-Ss
I found God. Then I lost him. He'll probably turn up down the back of the sofa someday.
"The early bird gets the worm, but the early worm is ****ed."
"I'm not oppressing you Stan, but you haven't got a womb. Where's the fetus going to gestate? You going to keep it in a box?"
Plasmodium

Post by Plasmodium »

Used to collect anime, but I eventually realized that many of the series I got were ****, and that only a few series were worth keeping, so I stopped. Now, Im just finishing up watching all of it, once thats done Ill post my scores for each one.
Wolfang

Post by Wolfang »

Stuff I have collected:
Visionaries [got all the toys, that was enough]
Warhammer 40k [go some Space Wolves and Eldar stuff]
Warhammer [High Elves. Bough two units and a standard bearer years back...]
Centurions [got all three original Centurions. Anybody selling a John Thunder, Rex Charger or some weapon systems?]
Avengers comics [From vol. 1 #400- vol. 3 #25. I just couldn't get the stuff after my 'local' comic store closed]
Marvel Knights [Just missing #6 and #7. Anyone?]
Hasbro WWF [got most of 'em, then the line got cancelled]
Thundercats [collection short about five figures and a vehicle/accessory]

Stuff I currently collect:
G.I.Joe [RAH, Vs. Cobra and TPBs]
Transformers [G1 reissues, Beast Wars, Armada, DVDs and TPBs]
TMNT
DVDs [particularly comedy and wrestling]
MOTU
Marvel Legends
various superhero figures
JLA TPBs
Terry Pratchett novels

I think that's everything.....
Dead Man Wade

Post by Dead Man Wade »

unfortunately, these days, when i get finished adding to the transformers and comics collections, i'm pretty much tapped. so alas, these are the only two things i collect these days.

now if money allows, i'll probably start collecting movies and books again. but that's a big "if".

i hate being poor.
wasabi
Protoform

Post by wasabi »

I collect a mish-mosh of things. I have a bunch of DVDs and videos... currently am collecting Stargate SG-1 on dvd. Would like DS9, but the sets are a bit pricey. I have several Robotech MPC veritechs and metallic alpha poseables... Misc Star Wars stuff.

I guess I mainly try to collect animation cels. I have a couple of Disney Aladdin sericels, a limited-edition Pebbles & Bamm-Bamm signed by Hanna & Barbera, and a variety of original anime cels mainly from Rurouni Kenshin and Fushigi Yuugi. My two best anime cels are a closeup of Hikaru Ichigo from Macross DYRL and a smiling Kenshin Himura from the tv series. :)
RID Scourge

Post by RID Scourge »

Comics
Alcohol Bottles
Ultimate Weapon

Post by Ultimate Weapon »

Comic books
BigMaki
Protoform

Post by BigMaki »

DVDs, comics somewhat, though I guess I'm more into hardcover collections nowadays. M&M Dispensers also. Got like 20-something of those around my house, amazingly enough...
Grandmaster Shockwaeve
Protoform

Post by Grandmaster Shockwaeve »

I collect Garfield books and merchandise, Tolkien books, Dragonlance books, and various Nintendo merchandise.
Hang on to your ego.
Plasmodium

Post by Plasmodium »

Originally posted by Grandmaster Shockwaeve
I collect Garfield books

:)
CloudStrifer
Protoform

Post by CloudStrifer »

Lets see now:

I started collecting model airplane from WW2 (you know those plastic kits which you have to make it yourself? Yeah I collect those) Right now I have a Spitfire XIV and a P-38 (one American and one british. They ran all out of German planes, and I don't think they make russian WW2 planes. Could have gotten a Yak or a MiG)
Warhammer Fantasy (Lizardmen and Wood elves but mostly Lizardmen)
Warhammer 40K (Orks)
Used to Collect Marvel cards (have so many)
Used to Collect Pokemon Cards
Used to Collect Magic Cards
Stamps (4 Albums worth of Stamps. I keep getting more so its time to buy me an new album)
Some Star War figures
Some Batman Figures
Cyberstrike nTo
Protoform

Post by Cyberstrike nTo »

I collect the following:

Comics
DVDs
Video Games for NES, SNES, GB, GBC, GBA, N64, GC, Genesis, Sega CD, Saturn, DC, PS1, PS2, Xbox, & PC
Transformers
CDs
and
debt
Please visit Outlaw Colony my new message board it's a fun site for fun people.
Savannahtron

Post by Savannahtron »

I have a collection of baseball cards given to me 2 years ago when I helped someone move.

I have about 100 comics, including some old and rare ones that I have picked up thru ebay.

I have some Macross and Robotech stuff, I have a Super Valk *soon to be traded* Skull leader, you know the one that was done into Jetfire? I also have a 1/60 Yamato Skull Leader coming soon, and season 1 and 2 Robotech DVDS.

I have a collection of computer books that I have read over the years either thru college or on my own.

I have a collection of science fiction books.

I also have a collection of Optical books that I studied while I worked as an Optician.

I collect Transformers, mainly G1, but I have about 40 Micromasters including 4 gestaults.

I collected Hero Clix last year, and still have not gotten rid of them simply because they are a game of super heros and I like them.

I just bought 2 SD Gundam figures, and I think I will probably collect them because they are cool little buggers.

I have a small DVD collection of about 50 dvds, and even a smaller cd collection thanks to the advent of mp3s.

Oddly enough, another hobby that ties in is a collection of video games, particularly pcgames. I have bought and played about 6 games over this last year, but I tend to stick with 1 multiplayer game RTCW, which soon will be changing to Half Life 2, or if Call of Duty has a multiplayer version.

My stuff is strewn around and collected in spots, most of the newer stuff that comes in sits on my desk for a month or two and then I put it on my bookcase in my room. From time to time I sell some tfs off, or trade them for other stuff.
BigMaki
Protoform

Post by BigMaki »

I guess I kinda forgot about all the video games I own and the CDs, as well, so I guess I collect those, too. :)
Gruff
Protoform

Post by Gruff »

all things Transformer and WWE/WWF related like vids and toys etc

got a huge video and DVD collection as well
Gruff 3:16 says Brendocon is da man!!Image
ThePeacemkr2
Protoform

Post by ThePeacemkr2 »

Well, I collect books, pretty much (refuse to return any book I have read and found average or better to a used bookstore),

You could say I collect computer games, considering the racks/stacks I have scattered around my house.

I collect a lot of digital stuff, too, more specifically anime and tv show series which I liked (just got entire first season of Reboot, in DivX format)

With collecting anime, though, I dont just collect any anime, I kind of pick series. A while ago it was DN Angel, currently working on Hunter X Hunter and Wolf's Rain... (I dont collect the american/dubbed anime, I prefer japanese with subtitles)

I kind of collect old abandonware games which I enjoy, have a ton of floppy-disc games which are preserved upon multiple hard drives, since most floppies turn corrupt on me if they are my only copy... I lost one of the discs to "Raptor: Call of the Shadows" last year... one of worst things that has ever happened to me... (managed to aquire a working copy of it, though, after much effort)

I somewhat collect magic cards, at random intervals.

Collect interesting movies, usually in DivX format.

When I was like 10 I used to collect pokemon cards, but stopped when the **** show made everything with "poke" in the title targeted towards kids 8 and under.:sick:
He's alive. Go figure.