Movies that are looking good for 2004

Chat about stuff other than Transformers.
Jetfire

Movies that are looking good for 2004

Post by Jetfire »

OK. the end of 2003 finally see's the end to 'Lord of the rings' *cries* so all good things do come to an end. 2003 also saw an end to many franchasises in Matrix, The Mummy (Scorpion King being a sorta end to it),

I have to say Troy is looking great.

My absolut favourite era in history.
Fantastic cast.
Good director.
looking good so far http://troymovie.warnerbros.com/index_flash.html

Alexander the great (conspiricy theory version not the 'fading star, Leo' version) is looking good to for the above reasons.Is 2004 the year the classics return to our screens?

I'm also looking forward to 'Harry potter 3' as it's where the book series really picked up and got more epic and darker. Plus the director is much better. The first 2 were good so I hope this one will be even better.

Otherwise Spider-man 2 should be fine (I'm not the biggest spidey fan), though the marvel comic bubble will surly burst though over saturation (greedy f##ks).

In the Uk 'American Splendor' and 'Lost in translation' are out in the next few days and both are quite highly reviewed so far.
Ultimate Weapon

Post by Ultimate Weapon »

I saw the trailer for Hellboy, it looks promising, as well as The Punisher.
Lord Zarak

Post by Lord Zarak »

How Wenger Lost the Trophy...Again looks quite cool.

So does Lost in Translation
Hawkeye
Protoform

Post by Hawkeye »

yeah im looking forward to the punisher.....i love that guy..he kills everyone.
Image . "Hawkeye's the best! Hawkeye's got the cutest eyes! Hawkeye's got some kinda butt! I swear, Ralph, ever since that blowhard joined up, all I hear is Hawkeye, Hawkeye, Hawk...."- Green Arrow, JLA/Avengers #3.
*sig (once again) generously made by Denyer*
Computron

Post by Computron »

return of the king extended edition ;)
Grimlock

Re: Movies that are looking good for 2004

Post by Grimlock »

For me it's the following titles, and probably some other stuff I can't think of now...
Originally posted by Jetfire 2.1
I have to say Troy is looking great.

Spider-man 2
"Among those fans there's at least one guy for whom you're a hero. He saved money to see you! That's what I did. I played for that guy." - Bruce Springsteen (1987)
Stone Coldimus
Protoform

Post by Stone Coldimus »

I don't know if they'll be any good, but being a fan of scary movies I'm looking forward to seeing, Resident Evil:Apocalypse, Alone In The Dark, Dawn Of The Dead.

Everything seems to be based on a book/comic/cartoon/remakes these days. Either that or its a sequel. Sequels are hard enough to make work without missing the original cast. How many people are looking forward to the Mask 2 without Jim Carrey?

Mask 2, Scooby Doo 2, Shrek 2, Spiderman 2, Barbershop 2, Agent Cody Banks 2, Resident Evil 2, Pitch Black 2. Fortunately most of them aren't my type of movie, but I am curiosu to see how a CGI Garfield turns out on the big screen. :D
My Fanfic: Ghosts of The Past
http://www.geocities.com/tfgotp/index.html
Bombshell

Re: Re: Movies that are looking good for 2004

Post by Bombshell »

I'm pretty much looking foward to Spider Man 2 only. There aren't that many movies coming out soon that really interest me.
Originally posted by Grimlock
probably some other stuff I can't think of now...

Like "Chasing Liberty"? ;)
Grimlock

Re: Re: Re: Movies that are looking good for 2004

Post by Grimlock »

Originally posted by Bombshell
Like "Chasing Liberty"? ;)
haha, Bombers you rock. Yeah I'm lookin' forward to that too, but that was a given. I need to add "Saved" to that list too, cause it's scheduled for 2004 too.

I'm slightly more alert this time and I've remembered two other movies I'm really looking forward too.

Mortal Kombat 3: Hey I'm not expecting all that much, but I love Mortal Kombat, so I'll love this.

and the one I'm really looking forward too, or was rather, is Exorcist: The Beginning.

Although, I'm now worried about it for this reason...
Morgan Creek Productions fired 'Paul Schrader' after he had submitted a completed movie, saying that he had given them "footage without any of the bloody violence the backers had wanted". He had already made it clear in interviews that he was making more of a psychological drama than an all-out gore-fest.

I hope one day the release the Paul Schrader version, I think it would have been awesome. All the gore in the reshoots that Renny Harlin is doing is gonna make the film go down the $hitter. I mean Renny Harlin's not to bad but for every Die Hard 2, Cliffhanger, and Long Kiss Goodnight, there's an Elm Street 4, Cutthroat Island and Adventures of Ford Fairlane (which is alright for a laugh). Although the poster for the movie looks awesome.
"Among those fans there's at least one guy for whom you're a hero. He saved money to see you! That's what I did. I played for that guy." - Bruce Springsteen (1987)
Blitzwing 2
Protoform

Post by Blitzwing 2 »

The only movie that I care about for the moment is Kill Bill Part 2.
"Your brush with greatness is over!"

JAWS vs. Chucky
This could be great: Chucky is a stowaway on some kids' boat and he tries to kill them. They jump overboard and JAWS eats them before Chucky can get 'em. Chucky swears "smile you son of a bitch" and dives into the water for one final showdown
A quote that I stole from someone from somewhere else
CounterPunch
Protoform

Post by CounterPunch »

spiderman 2, the punisher, shaun of the dead (seriously it might not be big but its gonna be a top notch british comedy film), the incredibles, possibly garfield and maybe alien vs. predator
DrSpengler
Protoform

Post by DrSpengler »

Alien vs Predatro comes out his year?

Anyway, I'm gonna go see Dawn of The Dead. It looks like it'll be utter **** and a disgrace to Romero but I won't complain until I see it for myself. I heard that only about half the movie will actually take place in the mall, the rest will be on some gay island somewhere. Man, I hope that was just a rumour...
Blitzwing 2
Protoform

Post by Blitzwing 2 »

Originally posted by DrSpengler
Alien vs Predatro comes out his year?

Yeah, comes out in August I think. The director is the guy who did Resident Evil.

Edit: http://movies.yahoo.com/shop?d=hp&cf=prev&id=1808496110
"Your brush with greatness is over!"

JAWS vs. Chucky
This could be great: Chucky is a stowaway on some kids' boat and he tries to kill them. They jump overboard and JAWS eats them before Chucky can get 'em. Chucky swears "smile you son of a bitch" and dives into the water for one final showdown
A quote that I stole from someone from somewhere else
DrSpengler
Protoform

Post by DrSpengler »

Originally posted by Blitzwing 2
The director is the guy who did Resident Evil.

This does not sound good.

And isnt' there gonna be a live-action version of the Last Unicorn this year?

*shudder* That **** was sickeningly girly even when I was a kid.

I am sorta looking forward to the Garfield movie, though. I loved the Garfield cartoon as a kid and his strip is still a favorite of mine (despite what people say about it's lack of humour in recent years). It sadened e to tears when I heard about Lorenzo Music's death a few years ago but honestly, they couldn't have gotten a more suitable replacement for him. Bill Murray is perfect for the role (with maybe John Goodman possibly being more appropriate). I mean, Lorenzo Music played Peter Venkman on the Real Ghostbusters and now Bill Murray will be playing Garfield in the live action movie. I applaud that casting call.
King Fargo
Protoform

Post by King Fargo »

I'm looking forward to Punisher to Travolta can take some pain for disco...

Also, the inevitable LOTR Ultimate DVD boxset.
Sig? I don't need no steenkin' sig!
dEcEpTiCoN MEGAtron
Protoform

Post by dEcEpTiCoN MEGAtron »

Originally posted by Stone Coldimus
I don't know if they'll be any good, but being a fan of scary movies I'm looking forward to seeing, Resident Evil:Apocalypse.

It'll be good. It's Resident Evil. :)
Originally posted by Stone Coldimus
Pitch Black 2.
Yeah, I saw a preview of it, but it's not called that. It has a different name. What is it?
Originally posted by Grimlock
I'm slightly more alert this time and I've remembered two other movies I'm really looking forward too.

Mortal Kombat 3: Hey I'm not expecting all that much, but I love Mortal Kombat, so I'll love this.

Where did you hear that they were making another Mortal Kombat movie? Uhh, if it's a bad as Annihlation somebody put me out of my misery. How could the first one be so good and the second be utter ****?
This does not sound good.

Care to explain? I thought he did a great job with Resident Evil and thought it was a great movie.
Originally posted by King Fargo
Also, the inevitable LOTR Ultimate DVD boxset.

Yeah, for only $150. :rolleyes:
I am sorta looking forward to the Garfield movie, though. I loved the Garfield cartoon as a kid and his strip is still a favorite of mine

Heh, they should bring in Heathcliff and have him kick the **** out of him. That'd be coo. :cool: That's good that they got Bill Murray to do the voice. Excellent call.
DrSpengler
Protoform

Post by DrSpengler »

Originally posted by dEcEpTiCoN MEGAtron

Care to explain? I thought he did a great job with Resident Evil and thought it was a great movie.

Well, for one thing it was NOTHING like the game. It was a subpar action flick.

I'm sorry but RE is supposed to be more like a Romero flick (he even directed a commercial for it which was banned in America and wrote a script for the movie...which those idiots turned down), not some generic action garbage.

Plus I absolutely hated the actors. Well, one speciafically got me seething with rage. That dark-haired chick who acted like a total bitch the entire movie. She was just the cardboard cut-out "I'm a hardcore woman who can kick male ass blah blah blah". I wanted to punch her in the lip. Add to that the fact that she always tilted her haed down and had her eyes fixed at the top of the sockets (was that supposed to make her look hardcore or something? Cuz she just looked stupid).

The movie wasn't eerie or creepy or anything like it should've been.

Opertunity: Wasted
Stone Coldimus
Protoform

Post by Stone Coldimus »

Hey Decepticon Megatron did the preview to pitch black 2 look any good? I think the actual name of the movie is "The Chronicles of Riddick" but don't take that as fact cause i'm not 100%

Apparently Mortal Kombat 3 is going to be better than 2 (which really isn't that hard) Last I heard the actor who played Raiden in the first one is coming back in part 3 (Christopher Lambert I think it was) And the movie will feature the death of one of Mks main characters. Sub Zero, Sonya, and Lui Kang are the most likely, but because a different Sub Zero died in the original, it would be better to go with someone else.

As for Resident Evil, I really liked it. True it wasn't that scary, and lacked the suspenseful atmosphere of the games, but I always knew from the start that it wasn't going to be based on the games. The makers didn't want to take the movie straight from the game because they wanted to broaden their audience before bringing in any game characters (which makes Resident Evil a prequel to the games I guess)

Resident Evil: Apocalypse will have Jill, Carlos and Nikolai from the third Resident Evil game.
I originally heard that they were planning to run two seperate stories within the movie. One featuring Jill, Carlos etc and the other involving Milla Jovovich's character with Nemisis being the common link between them. I think they ended up scrapping that idea though and went for one cohesive storyline, which makes my whole last sentence a waste of all your time. :D My Bad.
Grimlock

Post by Grimlock »

Originally posted by dEcEpTiCoN MEGAtron
Where did you hear that they were making another Mortal Kombat movie? Uhh, if it's a bad as Annihlation somebody put me out of my misery. How could the first one be so good and the second be utter ****?
Many different sources, the imdb page on it updates frequently, because as we all know, imdb is damn near useless for upcoming movies. At one stage it was supposed to be all in the can, however that was awhile ago, and I'm pretty sure it was also false, so now I think it's back to pre-production. Wouldn't surprise me if it was being aimed at a MK6-MK3 simultaneous release.

Christopher Lambert and Robin Shou were both aledgedly in the movie, but now the cast is unknown again, and Linden Ashby's (OH THANK GOD!!!!!!) name is apparently out there for Johnny Cage again. It was crime to get rid of both Cage and Ashby, hopefully it will be fixed.

Either way I still hold on to hope that this will be released. I love Mortal Kombat.
Stone Coldimus
Protoform

Post by Stone Coldimus »

No doubt Gimrlock, I'd love to see a third Mortal Kombat, especially after they butchered the second one. Unfortunately all we've got to deal with right now are rumours, but from what I've read Paul Anderson won't be the director like first thought, and John R Leonetti will direct the third one which is supposedly titled Mortal Kombat: Domination.

I can't speak for anyone else, but having John R Leonetti as the director doesn't fill me with any confidence. He's done cinematography for movies such as Joe Dirt, The Mask, The Scorpion King, Spy Hard, and Detroit Rock City.

As for his ability as a director....well....i could only find one movie he's directed. Mortal Kombat Annihilation. :sweatdrop that's not a good omen.