2 Things about Armada Cyclonus

Figures, collectables, customs and collecting.
Unicron

2 Things about Armada Cyclonus

Post by Unicron »

I just got Armada Cyclonus today and noticed 2 odd things.

1. His Tail fin thing comes off incredibly easily. Its not glued in place or held in place by any screws.

2. Turn Cyclonus over and look at the underside of the cockpit. Notice the gear and two protruding plastic-strip like things. The gear serves no appearant purpose and the strip-like things have little ledges on them, almost like they are used to hold something in place.

This leads me to believe that other toys, possibly from later waves, are intended to be atttached to Cyclonus for some reason.

Does anyone know anything about this?
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Well, we know that the Autobot shuttle (Jetfire?) is supposed to merge with Armada Prime... so it wouldn't exactly surprise...
Garand

Post by Garand »

my Cyclonus's tailfin is very firmliy attached.

The gear on the bottem helps move Crumplezone's cannon whrn the 2 are combined. as for the protruding plastic peices, could be there to keep the gear off the ground in the event of a mis-transformation, or to keep stuff out of it's way if such occurs?

maybeit is to attach another toy at a later date.. If someone would have asked this a couple of weeks ago, I could've asked the Hasbro reps!
Lemming
Protoform

Post by Lemming »

I think it's because some minicons are going to attach to the underside of cyclonous that aren't released yet.
Unicron

Post by Unicron »

I didn't mean the tailfin falls off or anything, its just on mine if you pull on it enough (doesn't take too much effort), it pops off.

As for the gear, take a closer llook. Unless its just there to suppport the gear that causes Crumplezone's turret to move, it serves no other purrpose. And if it was just there for support, why would the area be open?
Jassi
Protoform

Post by Jassi »

ya know what drives me nutz about cyclonus? His legs don't lock into place. I have Starscream and Cyclonus from armada and starscream is great. If you look at his legs, there is a little clip that holds them in place in vehicle mode, cyclonus however they move when you handle him. And the other thing I don't really like, his feet should fold up. When yiou set him, he tilts at this odd angle due to the fact that his legs bend and his feet tilt him back. Other than that, Its a really great toy. just my 2 cents. :)
RID Scourge

Post by RID Scourge »

I just got Cyclonus today, and I love his toy. The best part is that his robot mode has a beer belly. I bet he has a tolerance to energon.
Neosoundwave
Protoform

about the tail fin

Post by Neosoundwave »

you can pull it off and put it on his left are, I guess Kinda like a sheild or somthing like that, it won't lock onto his right arm, they are different....just thought I'd tell all the cyclonus fans that don't know......
Ranma
Protoform

And about the exposed gear

Post by Ranma »

The exposed gear is for the mini-con destruction team, they also have esposed gears, and when attaching them to the underside of Cyclonus belly, Making the rotors turn will make the minicon do someting too, its kind of cool
Nifty!
Roy Fokker

Post by Roy Fokker »

What does it make them do. If they start singing a song I'll deffinatly buy them. ;)
Savannahtron

Post by Savannahtron »

Here is something of note about A Cyclonus:

http://transformers.com/pl/page.bios_de ... efault.cfm

These little guys are meant for Cyclonus.

On their card it shows them attached to Cyclonus' cockpit and wings.