• transformers cartoon
  • transformers live-action movies
  • transformers fandom
  • transformers forum

Go Back   TFARCHIVE > COMMUNITY > Other Toys, Cartoons & Comics

Old 2017-12-24, 04:58 PM   #1181
Skyquake87
One with the Matrix

I bought a Roadbot! Rewatching Thew's Knock Off Beatdowns made me morbidly curious about these, and I lucked out on one off of ebay for 4.00 with shipping. It's the 1:18 scale Toyota Celica robot from their Robot Warriors line with lights and sound (both of which were so annoying I took the batteries out). The robot mode is pretty nice looking, there's some articulation, but it can't make much use of it, due to all the car parts getting in the way. The transformation isn't so far off Alternators Tracks, just with less elegance and some odd parts removal and reassembly (the bonnet, the door skirts). Getting the engine block and bonnet in place is a right rigmarole which sucks a lot of the fun out of the figure. The vehicle mode is rather nice, and the detail and finishing is good.

Skyquake87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-12-25, 07:12 PM   #1182
Warcry
Likes Beast Wars toys. A lot.

Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada

Thanks to my lovely wife, Marvel Legends Human Torch. I was a bit leery because of how badly the all-clear Iceman turned out, but Johnny here is a much more solid figure. Trans-orange looks way nicer than blue-white, so he actually looks "fiery" instead of looking like he's made of chewing gum. And also unlike Iceman, his joints aren't soft or loose at all. A pleasant surprise all around.

Now bring on Reed and the Thing! Er, and F4 She-Hulk would be great too.

Warcry is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-12-26, 07:02 AM   #1183
Skyquake87
One with the Matrix

Hotwheels 1:18 '60s Batmobile
A surprise present from my parents for Christmas! They don't normally indulge my silly toy habits, so this was a lovely thing to get. It's a really great model, and I love the Batman and Robin figures seated in it (Robin on the Batphone). The glossy paint, diecast and level of detail and finishing are superb. I'm very impressed

Skyquake87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-12-27, 06:21 PM   #1184
ganon578
GO BLUE!

NoCo

Several things came my way over the holiday.

Got a teeny-tiny Lego First Order Heavy Assault Walker in my stocking. It rocks! Spot on little model of a cool looking Star Wars vehicle. And it's little legs move around to boot!

Also Lego (and also Star Wars) got Yoda's Jedi Starfighter from ROTS. Comes with Yoda (obviously) and R2-D2. Haven't put it together yet, but it looks really fun. It'll pair nicely with my one for Anakin Skywalker. Hopefully I will have some time to put it together tonight.

Also Star Wars (but not Lego), got a Black Series 3.75" Lando Calrissian (from ROTJ). Every time my wife heads to the store she asks if there's anything we need, to which I usually reply 'Transformers'. This usually gets a 'NO' response. So a while back I switched it up and kept telling her I needed a Lando figure as part of our grocery list. And she got me one! I've yet to open him up, but he looks pretty solid.

3DS Friend Code: 0387-9979-6466
Nintendo Network ID: rondo52
ganon578 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-12-29, 02:02 AM   #1185
Warcry

As part of Amazon Canada's Boxing Day sales, ML Old Man Logan was marked down pretty significantly. I think I paid $12 or $13 for him, where the normal retail price is $30. He's a really impressive figure and I'm glad I have him, though the retail price was too much to swallow for a figure with zero accessories and no BAF parts. At the price I paid, though? Totally worth it.

Old 2017-12-30, 05:57 PM   #1186
HeavyArms
Unicron

Karingal, Victoria, Australia

Lego DC Comics Super Heroes 76086 Knightcrawler Tunnel Attack.

Lego Batman Movie 70913 Scarecrow Fearful Face-off.

Lego Batman Movie 70917 The Ultimate Batmobile - This was on clearance, so I figured I would pull the trigger on the batmobile and grab the other two before they disappeared.

Destruction is my specialty
HeavyArms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-01-13, 11:02 AM   #1187
HeavyArms
Unicron

Lego Star Wars 75189 First Order Heavy Assault Walker - Finalised the Lay-By I had put this set on.

Old 2018-01-13, 11:06 AM   #1188
HeavyArms
Unicron

Lego Star Wars 75169 Duel on Naboo - Bought this a few weeks ago, I must've forgotten about it.

Old 2018-01-15, 09:20 PM   #1189
Tantrum
Systems Analyst

Aquidneck Island, RI, USA

Walmart had some blind box vinyl figure on clearance, so I grabbed all they had of the two franchises I was interested in.

Attack on Titan (6 boxes) - I lucked out, here. I got 1 each of Eren, Mikasa, Reiner, and Annie. My only duplicate was 2 Levis. Going by the side of the box, all I missed were flocked Levi (whatever that means), and janitor versions of Eren and Levi that I don't care about.

One of my Levis came with a Female Titan head. I got all the regular figures I want from this wave, so I can't justify trying to track down more in hooes of getting the matching body. Anybody got a Female Titan body they want to trade for a Levi? Or sell?

Master of the Universe (5 boxes) - I wasn't so lucky, here. I was mainly hoping for Tri-klops, and would've liked Trap Jaw and Skeletor. Instead, I got 2 Beast Man, 1 He-Man, 1 Teela, and 1 Evil-lynn. I have a larger Beast Man from a Happy Meal 10 years ago; I may make these new ones his minions.

Alleged "poems"
that don't follow a rhyme scheme
are not poetry
Tantrum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-01-18, 07:14 PM   #1190
Warcry

I snagged a Marvel Legends Vintage Series Black Widow this week. The figure is pretty basic -- the standard ML female body in black, with Natasha's signature belt and wrist blasters. The only accessories she comes with are two pistols, though that's just about all I could think of to give the character anyway. The fact that this series omits BAF parts really makes you think they could have sprung for an extra head or some alternate weapons or holsters, though.

Some folks have complained that her head is a reuse of the one in last year's Spidey/MJ two-pack, and I can see why that'd be jarring, but since I don't own the previous figure it doesn't bother me. I don't think that reusing unmasked faces is a great idea though, in general. The characters have a bad enough case of sameface in the comics, without that creeping into the toys!

But overall I'd say it's a nice figure. It's definitely the only one in the Vintage line that doesn't feel like a complete waste of money, because it's the only one that isn't just a tweaked re-release of a one- or two-year-old figure that had more accessories and a BAF part the first time around.

Old Yesterday, 05:29 PM   #1191
HeavyArms
Unicron

Lego Batman Movie Arkham Penguin.

Lego Star Wars 75179 Kylo Ren's TIE Fighter.

Lego Star Wars 75202 Defense of Crait.