Any word on Transformers Genesis?

Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
Ultimate Weapon

Any word on Transformers Genesis?

Post by Ultimate Weapon »

Has the source book for the G1 art been postponed indefinetly? Does anybody know if it will come out if at all?

:confused:
Bombshell

Post by Bombshell »

Probably. Most TF stuff has been getting f*cked over the past few months...

Which if f*cking sad.
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Not "Most TF stuff", just that which involves the arses at Dreamwave...
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Hopefully it'll appear eventually... the roster of artists includes HMB3, who did the NeoDinobots stuff...
Bombshell

Post by Bombshell »

Originally posted by Quicksilver
Not "Most TF stuff", just that which involves the arses at Dreamwave...

And "That which involves the arses at Dreamwave" = "Most TF Stuff"
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Yeah, because Titan (TPBs), Maverick (episodes), Rhino (episodes), Hasbro (toys) don't do ****, I suppose...
Ultimate Weapon

Yeah what he said.
I could really care less about seeing Dreamwave art in this book. I want to see some rare Japanese toy box art.
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

It isn't a DW showcase... they have their hands on loads of stuff, including lots of fan art... and some official historical, I believe...
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

I think they've got some of the battle scenes from the back of boxes for a start.... dunno if it's just US stuff... you'd think DW would have the Japanese stuff, as it means they can draw Gundam Wing just like they really want too...

*pauses to laugh at Bombshell*

Dreamwave at the mo are doing, what? One monthly ongoing, one monthly mini, one maxi series and a book, right? Whereas Hasbro are doing more toys than most people can keep up with [from Armada, RiD and reissues], Takara have a full ****ing line coming [their version of Armada, and the reissues], Titan are doing books at about a monthly rate, DVDs are coming out all over the world in spades... And the maxi and the book being delayed [and probably Armada comic, what with Ptwat drawing it] constitues "most TF stuff getting f*cked over"?
Bombshell

Post by Bombshell »

Dreamwave at the mo are doing, what? One monthly ongoing, one monthly mini, one maxi series and a book, right?

Yeah, but they appear to be more popular when one considers...

Whereas Hasbro are doing more toys than most people can keep up with [from Armada, RiD and reissues],

...that I'm finding a lot of them on toy shelves. Hell, I've even seen Beast Wars and Beast Machines toys at some places, and those line are long dead...

Takara have a full ****ing line coming [their version of Armada, and the reissues],
...that's basically gonna be what our Armada toy line is. So why the hell would we wanna spend over $100 to get something that looks the same, but with a different paint job or something...?

Titan are doing books at about a monthly rate,
...that, until a few days ago, I have been unable to find at any of the comic shops I go to...
DVDs are coming out all over the world in spades...

That most kids in the 6-12 have either no cash of just plain no f*cking interest in...

And besides, the fact that each DW TF comic has been #1 the month it was released just proves that's it's mucho popular than anything else. Don't see the TF DVD's being the #1 video release or the Titan books being the #1 comic, do you?
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

So "TF stuff" actually means "TF stuff that sells really well and Bombshell can find", then? It doesn't actually matter whether you personally can find it, whether it'll cost a bomb on import, pr whether it gets to #1 in the sales chart, does it? It's still getting released... I'd be surprised if Genesis tops the best seller list, and the DW books are avaliable to not too much bigger of a chunk of the world than Takara's Armada figures will be. So what the **** has that **** you just typed actually got to do with anything? Answer: bugger all.

Also, since Generation 1 & the early Armada stuff, DW's TF stuff has been closer to the bottom end of the top 10 of the sell-thru charts... Maverick's TF:TM DVD went top 5 over here... The Tian TPBs are a) in most shops I've been to and b) freely avaliable from online services such as Amazon.wherever....
Zath
Protoform

Post by Zath »

info on the genesis book...

http://www.88mphstudios.com/
We live for the One, We die for the One, but we dont die stupid.
Zath
Protoform

Post by Zath »

bump

88mph studios updated their website. The books (has been split in 2 books) will be shipping in the end of february.

Check my previous post for the website address
Ultimate Weapon

Originally posted by Zath
bump

88mph studios updated their website. The books (has been split in 2 books) will be shipping in the end of february.

Check my previous post for the website address
2 BOOKS? Lets hope they remain at the same price, otherwise I smell a rat. :eyebrow:
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Ah, Dreamwave. So much greed. So little talent... before you know it it'll be a 24 part maxi series with each individual copy having its own 'incentive' cover... I mean, incentive, what does that mean? Does owning an incentive cover give you some sort of incentive to get a damn life or something?
Zath
Protoform

Post by Zath »

Quicky...

this is a quote from the website
Consequently, it was decided as a mutual decision between Hasbro and 88MPH to split the book in two distinctive parts.
Nowhere does it say Dreamwave in there. Dreamwave provided some of the art but dont seem to be involved in the publishing aspect of this book.
God Jinrai
Protoform

Post by God Jinrai »

em, quick.. you bash th dw team as if they were demons that corrupted the entire world... I'm QUITE pleased with pat lee's work..

and I'm saying this as my opinion, and I'd pray you agree with it...

Don Figueroa is a god when it comes to transformers artwork.
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Originally posted by God Jinrai
em, quick.. you bash th dw team as if they were demons that corrupted the entire world... I'm QUITE pleased with pat lee's work..

and I'm saying this as my opinion, and I'd pray you agree with it...
It's not just the art - http://forums.tfarchive2.net/vBulletin/ ... adid=11964 and when I referenced Lee in this case it's in his capacity as DW chairman... If DW weren't involved in the decision, they certainly set the precedent..

Don Figueroa is a god when it comes to transformers artwork.

Yes, and so is Raiz... doesn't change the fact that most of DW's output is just ejaculation fodder for aesthetically obsessed fanboys though...