What do you think about Powermasters in the comics

Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
Zizicez
Protoform

What do you think about Powermasters in the comics

Post by Zizicez »

Really the way they came into existance seem kinda like a longterm way to get rid of a short term problem

but the idea is fesable

and i really like it better than TMs and HMs and Pretenders

Lord Zarak, Nightstick, and Thunderwing nonwithstanding...

Do you think

Darkwing, Dreadwind, Joyride, Getaway, and Slapdash

"Became One" with there Powermaster?

or do you think that was a Speacial thing Optimus and Hi-Q did

Am i Stupid for loveing PMs?

What do you think?
Cyberman

Post by Cyberman »

Well, I do like the PMs, but I think the idea behind is ridiculous. A human can´t produce enough energy to power a TF.

I would think that all PMs could have this "bonding", but not all were accepting it - Dreadwind/Darkwing and their partners for example, they didn´t really seem to like each other - so I doubt they´d ever become one.
In a perfect world, this would be a signature. As it stands, it's just the lack of.
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Plus Joyride was dead...
Auntie Slag
Custom Title: Satisfaction guaranteed!

Post by Auntie Slag »

I quite liked the PM, HM, TM concept. There was a comic panel in one issue showing Hot Rod on his knees holding an expired Firebolt, and in #130 (I think) they explained the Headmaster process in Gort and Stylor’s little chat. When there is no head on a Headmaster (and even when there is presumably), the robot’s brain is actually in the chest compartment.
When Gort combines again with Highbrow then they have binary bonding. If Gort died, it would be a simple matter of Highbrow going down the shop and getting a new head without any Nebulan living in it.

But seeing as how each process is supposed to augment a robot’s powers, I wondered if a HM,TM, PM would be inclined to get another partner once the first one had copped it?

After their introduction in the comics, the augmenting idea was just left behind and they became generic transformers again. But originally did augmenting mean that they had quicker reactions? more strength? the ability to see into the 5th dimension?

I prefer the Armada minicon idea toy-wise because at least they do something, like reveal a new gun (Hot Shot’s head cannon) and so on. Just to have a small figure become a head isn’t that exciting (although I did love my Snapdragon at the time).

And wasn’t Getaway supposed to have the toughest armour in TF-dom? I recall from somewhere (a tech spec)? that his body was tough as old boots and he could calculate battle strategies in much the same way Prowl could.

But in answer to the question, nah I don’t think they became one. One wasn’t assimilated into the other (Prime & Hi-Q the exception due to Primus and the Last Autobot’s meddling). The only proof I’ve got of that is the ‘Firebolt’s Death’ panel. If a person could be assimilated into a robot mind then Hot Rod wouldn’t have been so gutted.
inflatable dalek

Re: What do you think about Powermasters in the comics

Post by inflatable dalek »

Originally posted by Zizicez
Do you think

Darkwing, Dreadwind, Joyride, Getaway, and Slapdash

"Became One" with there Powermaster?

What do you think?

My personal take on it is that they didn't, as they should have started experiencing pain at about the same time as Prime did (assuming my memory isn't playing tricks and they did become powermasters very close together). Two pesamistic moaners like Darkwing and Dreadwind would never have kept such intense pain to themselves. My (admitadly slightly anal) theory has always been that Optimus was affected by being very briefly in the path of the Underbase just before Starscream is destroyed. I also use this to explain why Skorponok suddenly becomes a very different sort of Headmaster from this point on. While Highbrow and Fort Max kept their original personalities (often arguing with their Nebulons), Lord Zarek seems to completly control the Skorponok body, even refering to Skorpy as a seperate person in Edge of Extinction ("Would the real Skorponok have turned and fled?"). In other words, his brief exposure to Underbase allowed the more compasionate and humane Zarek to overpower the stark raving looney Skorponok for control of their shared body. Of course the real reason for both of these is that 1) The other powermasters didn't have new toys coming out so no one cared enough to deal with what was happening to them, and 2) Furman wrote Skorponok differently to how Bob did, but the Underbase thing has always made sense to me as a fictional explanation for both of these. (I now wait with confidence for Cliffjumper to post 50 reasons why my theory makes no sense ;) )
REVIISITATION: THE HOLE TRUTH
STARSCREAM GOES TO PIECES IN MY LOOK AT INFILTRATION #6!
PLUS: BUY THE BOOKS!
SkyTq
Protoform

Post by SkyTq »

the powermasters r cool. no doubt.