Dreamwave's Site Updated with "More Than Meets The Eye" Info.

Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
Bombshell

Dreamwave's Site Updated with "More Than Meets The Eye" Info.

Post by Bombshell »

Dreamwave updates their site again today, with some info on the first "More Than Meets The Eye" Profile Book, including a confirmed release date (April 30th), and some preview images, including a new cover.

Air Raid

Apeface

Barrage

Blitzwing

Bluestreak

Bumblebee

The New Cover
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Those are actually rather good! TFU whacks it into touch for depth, but from those fistful they don't seem to have pissed over anyone, and the layout's pretty cool. I just hope Pat Lee hasn't bagsied the better know characters, and we get Optimus with tits, Starscream with tits, etc, etc.
Bombshell

Post by Bombshell »

I gotta agree. The only thing I found wierd was the fact that they refer to Bluestreak's and Bumblebee's alt modes as "Earth Cars." Apparently they didn't know that Bluestreak is a Datsun, and Bumblebee a Volkswagen.
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Possible copyright problems? Though the datafiles thing seems to be a hint that it's kinda from a Cybertron computer, so perhaps it's that they can't discriminate? But I do think those look good, kinda TFU Lite with a bit more variations in art - though I thought they'd already done art for Barrage the Insecticon? ;)

Looking at it, I get the feeling Hasbro have flexed muscles and forced DW to behave... the character parts remind me of TFU with changed wording...
Blaster_86

Re: Dreamwave's Site Updated with "More Than Meets The Eye" Info.

Post by Blaster_86 »

Bloody well can't see them.. stupid pop-up blocker :-/
Bombshell

Post by Bombshell »

Originally posted by Cliffjumper
Possible copyright problems? Though the datafiles thing seems to be a hint that it's kinda from a Cybertron computer, so perhaps it's that they can't discriminate?

Looks that way.
Originally posted by Cliffjumper
But I do think those look good, kinda TFU Lite with a bit more variations in art - though I thought they'd already done art for Barrage the Insecticon? ;)

I KNEW I should have said that... :p
Blitzwing

Post by Blitzwing »

Yes... they are very similar to the TFU profiles. I like the art though, and it's good to see some of the lesser known characters. I also like how some of the bios come from the data tracks of other Transformers such as Shockwave and Optimus.

One question though... anybody figure out why'd they put Superion on the cover?
Brave Maximus

Post by Brave Maximus »

LOL, no idea, I figured it would have fall under something logical like "S" ( I know I know, silly me, TF's and logic)

I'm just wondering, is it Pat Lee doing all the art or do we get to see some of the other really talented artists as well?

are we going to see something like this for Armada and War With In?
Bombshell

Post by Bombshell »

Originally posted by Brave Maximus

I'm just wondering, is it Pat Lee doing all the art or do we get to see some of the other really talented artists as well?

According to memory, Lee's doing the artwork with Figueroa and Raiz in tandem. :)
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Originally posted by Blitzwing
One question though... anybody figure out why'd they put Superion on the cover?

Maybe "Aerialbots"? Maybe DW don't give a toss what they put on the covers?
RID Scourge

Post by RID Scourge »

Seems that they colored Bluestreak like his toy (gee, could that be some kind of advertisement?).

My only complaint is that they referred to Apeface's Nebulan partner as his "Headmaster." It always irritates me when people refer to them like that. The headmaster is the entire unit, not just the head. They should have called him the Nebulan, or the head. I know it's a minor thing, but it just bothers me.
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Originally posted by PaladinPrime
Seems that they colored Bluestreak like his toy (gee, could that be some kind of advertisement?).

Well, it makes sense to have a synchronised look for him, doesn't it? :)
joempn
Protoform

Post by joempn »

anybody know how much this would retail?
http://www.joe-shredpage.cjb.net

not a transfromers page!
Bombshell

Post by Bombshell »

Originally posted by joempn
anybody know how much this would retail?

I think they said about $5-$8.
RID Scourge

Post by RID Scourge »

That was before they cut each book in half and doubled the number of volumes. I believe it's something like $2.50 now because they realized that they'd sell more if they made smaller volumes that cost less.
Osku
Protoform

Post by Osku »

Preview pages were a pleasant surprise for me. If I could walk into my comic store and just buy them, I would. I can´t, so I won´t. Though now I´m a bit tempted to check how much NTFA store would ask for them.
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

I think the price was originally around $12 for the prestige format ones, and it's been halved to $5.95.

Osku, have you tried checking Steve Bax' place?
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

http://www.gazliter.co.uk — not sure if prices reflect latest developments.

Yeah, those pages look pretty good — I like the idea of personalising profiles through eyewitness accounts. I also agree that DW have probably been leaned on to kill the 'interwoven backstories' idea.

The series will undoubtedly make its way into TPB, so I might be tempted at that stage. Simple fact is that there's lots of other TPBs and stuff I'd rather get first, though.