Interview with Furman and preview of Spotlight: Hot Rod (3 only-art pages)

Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Furman's initial Transformers series at IDW, "Escalation," introduced readers to the new world of the Transformers
Sharp at ComicBookResources, aren't they?
I do see an eventual 'end' (of sorts) to what we're building here. But it's a big, big universe, and I seriously doubt (as long as people keep buying the comics) we need to be completely finite in our thinking."
I'm glad -- pretty much all of my favourite series aren't entirely open-ended; Transmet, Hitman, LoEG, Sandman, etc. benefit from being focused towards a conclusion and keeping things fairly self-contained, even if other related material gets released.
thunderwing22
Protoform

Post by thunderwing22 »

Its nice to see that on the hotrod spotlight the art is nice, lets hope the story is good 2,I hope with all these comics we will get more transformer fans it would only make the t-formers universe that much stronger,as for me I hope that we get an ongoing series with dons art, one could only dream and hope:headbang:
Bingo1
Protoform

Post by Bingo1 »

Originally posted by thunderwing22
I hope that we get an ongoing series

Erm..., I think we already have, y'know.
Ozz
Protoform

Post by Ozz »

It's always nice to quote half of someone's sentence and point they're oh-so-wrong, isn't it?
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

He's actually correct either way. Stormbringer #1 is cover-numbered #7 of the overall Transformers title -- Don is drawing for an ongoing.

The spotlights are numbered as a separate series altogether, and don't number into the overall title.
Ozz
Protoform

Post by Ozz »

I actually don't buy that little number on the back cover. AFAIC, it's still Stormbringer #3, like it says on the front. :)
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

It's not an either-or, there are two series numbers on the cover.
Ford DeceptiFocus
Protoform

Post by Ford DeceptiFocus »

Originally posted by Denyer
He's actually correct either way. Stormbringer #1 is cover-numbered #7 of the overall Transformers title -- Don is drawing for an ongoing.

The spotlights are numbered as a separate series altogether, and don't number into the overall title.

Would be kind of nice if they were numbered into the ongoing since it's pretty evident they affect the overall story. But on the other hand...numerous DC titles push along the overall story, which has its own set of benefits. :)
Till All Are Drunk with the Matrix!
inflatable dalek

Post by inflatable dalek »

Wasn't Andy Wildman the originally anounced artist on this? Or do I take he he took the Devils Due Shilling instead?
REVIISITATION: THE HOLE TRUTH
STARSCREAM GOES TO PIECES IN MY LOOK AT INFILTRATION #6!
PLUS: BUY THE BOOKS!