[Prime] S02E25 Regeneration

Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
pegasusprime
Protoform

[Prime] S02E25 Regeneration

Post by pegasusprime »

what kind of idiot kill an loyal servant for a treachorous snake, i hope starscream kills megatron on the season finale
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Yeah, thanks so much for the gigantic spoiler in the thread title. That's my preferred method to find out about character deaths.

I've edited it out, but really...don't do that, okay?
tahukanuva
Custom Title: Human After All

Post by tahukanuva »

A good episode, even with the first half robbed of its dramatic tension. But yeah. Thread title was a super bummer.
Jaynz
Custom Title: RIP - see pixelsagas.com

Post by Jaynz »

Well, surprising momentum in this episode, and a sad loss to the cast, really. Refusing a direct order when Meg's is feeling very snippy isn't good for your survival, no...

Story wise, it's sad to realize that everything pivoted because the Autobots completely ****ed up on the very thing that had been pointed out twice before. Ratchet should have secured the kids, after two recent episodes where they were explicitly targeted. That was just.. incompetence...
Skyquake87
Protoform

Post by Skyquake87 »

I cannot fathom megatron's constant sparing of Starscream across the many iterations of Transformers. Whatever use this guy was to the Decepticon cause expired long ago, and why anyone would keep such a snivelling wretch with questionable loyalty around is beyond me. Okay, he decisvely took action to secure hostages, but Soundwave had clearly reached this conclusion. Mostly I'm just disappointed that Starscream in the Prime universe, after such a promising start, has become little more than his G1 persona incarnate. Booooooo! Nice scene with Knock Out with the keys though.

Elsewhere, well it was good to finally see the Autobots functioning as a military unit for the first time and properly kicking some ass (although with such glaring oversights in their strategy, its perhaps not surprising that the Autobots are always on the back foot and largely defeated). Interesting that the Vehicons appear to have sparks though. I thought they were just drones. As for getting out of their current pickle, well, just take out Megs, shoot the Decepticons and plug the keys in. Or have Ratchet bridge in and snatch them from under their noses. Simples! I also really liked that the question of whether it mattered whom plugged the keys into Cybertron was answered.
Knightdramon
Protoform

Post by Knightdramon »

Episode seemed a bit longer to me than the usual, not sure why...

Generally a well paced episode, and things happened, for once. Though the entire Dreadwing sub plot was too inconsistent. If his three scenes were switched around, it'd make a lot more sense.

Scene 1, he gives the autobots the solus hammer with no foreshadowing. He just took it and left, right? He says he's betrayed the Decepticons.
Scene 2, Megatron tells him to warm up to Starscream, Dreadwing accepts.
Scene 3, Dreadwing attacks Starscream and gets shot down for it.

By simply changing the order of scene 1 and 2, it makes a lot more sense than this.

Moreover, since they performed so well with them, it makes you wonder...WHY haven't the autobots used the relics like that, in battle, earlier on?
Few stuff in the UK to trade/sell. Measly sales thread.
Thunderwave
Protoform

Post by Thunderwave »

I -just- caught up with the series and so I can finally read these posts and contribute my thoughts.

Over all I liked this episode a lot. I'm waiting to see how things work out with the humans and the keys. Sticking Arcee in the Apex armor made a whole lot of sense. She's fast but can't take as much punishment, so making her tougher in trade for speed probably helped keep her, and the rest, alive.
Knightdramon wrote: Generally a well paced episode, and things happened, for once. Though the entire Dreadwing sub plot was too inconsistent. If his three scenes were switched around, it'd make a lot more sense.
I disagree. The way they are in the episode shows that Dreadwing knew he was going to murder Starscream and that, in all likely hood, Megatron would kill him as punishment. By giving up the Forge he handed the Autobots a potent advantage that would be used to fight the cause he no longer believed in. Plus Dreadwing was a Decepticon. Why shouldn't he lie to Megatron's face in order to get his shot at Starscream?

Although had Megatron allowed Dreadwing to murder Starscream it would of made for a slightly more interesting story. Rather then the sniveling, known traitor/former traitor in the 'cons, Dreadwing basically replacing him as the unknown factor in the 'cons would of been more fun.
Knightdramon wrote:Moreover, since they performed so well with them, it makes you wonder...WHY haven't the autobots used the relics like that, in battle, earlier on?
Given how often the relics traded hands when used in battle, it makes sense to leave them locked up most of the time and remove the risk of them getting stolen. That and if you use something like that all the time, you come to depend on it. Once you depend on something, and it goes away (taken or out of power), you are at a serious disadvantage.
Knightdramon
Protoform

Post by Knightdramon »

Also weird how they never contacted Wheeljack.

I'm calling it. Either Airrachnid escapes in the finale and he has to save Ratchet or swarms of vehicons and insections discover the base and...he has to save Ratchet.

Funny thing, Megatron, like Ratchet now, does not have a ranged weapon in bot mode. And Smokescreen, like Bumblebee, are the only named characters not to possess a melee weapon.

I'm pretty sure down the line Megatron will regret sparing Starscream and killing Dreadwing. Not that it made much sense now, anyway...
Few stuff in the UK to trade/sell. Measly sales thread.
tahukanuva
Custom Title: Human After All

Post by tahukanuva »

Dreadwing was disobeying a direct order and about to murder a fellow soldier. I'm sure Megatron wasn't happy about killing Dreadwing, but I don't see how he had a choice.
Jaynz
Custom Title: RIP - see pixelsagas.com

Post by Jaynz »

Knightdramon wrote:By simply changing the order of scene 1 and 2, it makes a lot more sense than this.
Nah, you're missing something key. Dreadwing did not accept Megatron's orders, at all. His entire intent on returning to the ship was to murder Starscream and then die at Megatron's hands, satisfying his honor all around. Sadly, he only got to do half of that - Megatron is finally sick of the infighting and signalled this to everyone, notably Knock Out and Starscream.

No more warnings. Cross me again, and you frellin' die.
Moreover, since they performed so well with them, it makes you wonder...WHY haven't the autobots used the relics like that, in battle, earlier on?
Too risky to let them fall into Megatron's hands. After all, they do have a nasty habit of changing ownership a lot.
Neuronutter
Protoform

Post by Neuronutter »

“And that’s why Dreadwing is pushing up lugnuts!”

That was fantastic, the show at its best, expanding the mythos and having fun while doing so. The first half built up the tension and dealt with a few hanging threads. The second was one big barny and very fun to watch. Four ‘bots using super weapons to take out an army of red shirts all the while thinking Megatron should really keep more of his lieutenants alive. It was great. And man has this show has killed a lot of Decepticons. Plus the finale was a nice twist. I knew there’d be something but I didn’t see that one coming.

I also love the Starscream of this show. He is a fantastic character and one hell of a survivor. Now for the finale. I really hope this show doesn’t change too much going into Season 3. They have never worried about changing the status quo and moving the show forward, but I have no idea what Beast Hunters will be about, having avoided spoilers. Here’s hoping.