FansProject Crossfire Set B? [inspired by Blast-Off/Swindle]

Figures, collectables, customs and collecting.
Paul053

FansProject Crossfire Set B? [inspired by Blast-Off/Swindle]

Post by Paul053 »

http://www.fansproject.com/?p=406

Why set B? Are they going to sell them separately? With this add-on, seems like any two of the original four limbs have to be taking out.
Clay

Post by Clay »

The Superion set is called Crossfire on the box. I imagine Set B refers to it being the second combiner accessory kit.
Raze
Protoform

Post by Raze »

Looking forward to this set, when added he truly will be Bruticus Maximus.

The 2 that get removed simply become fodder for experimenting with.
Wanted Used or New -
Henkei Classics Dirge, Thrust. Universe Hound (Ravage not needed)
wolfbolt86
Protoform

Post by wolfbolt86 »

Paul053

Post by Paul053 »

Robot kingdom has the 2 set for $89.9. A tiny little bit chipper.

http://http://www.robotkingdom.com/serv ... tID=41_155
BlacknRedTed
Protoform

Post by BlacknRedTed »

OK, this is like the second or third time I have heard about this set. I know is fans project making there own figures and what not to combine wit a figure to make a good bruticus, but what onslaught or what ever figure do I need, order to make it ? if that makes since to anyone.
borg72

Post by borg72 »

it's the Energon 'Bruticus Maximus' set, I think specifically (at least in terms of a G1 colorscheme) the Revenge Of The Fallen re-release (although it should work with any version).

this guy available here

enjoy. though if you're looking for an upgraded combiner, the superion/superion add-on kit will be a fair bit cheaper ($60-$70?). as it is, bruticus plus the two crossfire sets will set you back $120 before shipping.
Clay

Post by Clay »

BlacknRedTed wrote:OK, this is like the second or third time I have heard about this set. I know is fans project making there own figures and what not to combine wit a figure to make a good bruticus, but what onslaught or what ever figure do I need, order to make it ? if that makes since to anyone.
Superlink / Energon Bruticus. It was also repainted recently and issued in both Universe and Revenge of the Fallen packaging as a boxed set.
BlacknRedTed
Protoform

Post by BlacknRedTed »

Thanks alot clay and borg72. I think I need ot make a trip to my local tj max. They had that energon bruticus by himself there for like $15, not to long ago, so if they got him still I will pick him up and start there. Those crossfire sets look sweet, and would make a nice addition.
Thunderwave
Protoform

Post by Thunderwave »

borg72 wrote: though if you're looking for an upgraded combiner, the superion/superion add-on kit will be a fair bit cheaper ($60-$70?). as it is, bruticus plus the two crossfire sets will set you back $120 before shipping.
Last time I looked it would run about $100 USD for Superion with the add on kit. I kinda missed him when he was out locally due to a lack of funds to buy him, and I never made much effort because, honestly, I thought he looked stupid. But with the kit out I've been poking around trying to find him at a good deal (in part because he looks awesome, and in part because Bruticus looks kinda lonely).
Clay

Post by Clay »

Lonewyrm
Protoform

Post by Lonewyrm »

The sword seems sorely out of scale, more like a kitchen knife in his hands!

See the hand on the Vortex arm? Are they two feet in blue? Where did they come from? And where do they go?
Clay

Post by Clay »

Lonewyrm wrote:See the hand on the Vortex arm? Are they two feet in blue? Where did they come from? And where do they go?
Those are the helicopter's feet.
Raze
Protoform

Post by Raze »

Lonewyrm wrote:The sword seems sorely out of scale, more like a kitchen knife in his hands!

See the hand on the Vortex arm? Are they two feet in blue? Where did they come from? And where do they go?
Looks like they're from Vortex, I believe they'd have enough movement to allow the arm to move.
Wanted Used or New -
Henkei Classics Dirge, Thrust. Universe Hound (Ravage not needed)
HeavyArms
Protoform

Post by HeavyArms »

They both look pretty good, I might need to get a pre-paid credit card soon.
Destruction is my specialty
BlacknRedTed
Protoform

Post by BlacknRedTed »

Also another question, well the set come with everything to give onslaught both arms and legs ? and if so, that means it should come with 4 figures right ?
glazios

Post by glazios »

BlacknRedTed wrote:Also another question, well the set come with everything to give onslaught both arms and legs ? and if so, that means it should come with 4 figures right ?
No, it'll use two of the original Energon Combaticon limb-style figures as Brawl and Vortex, and Energon Barricade as Onslaught to form the main body. The two new figures will take the places of the other tank and helicopter.

I imagine they'll sell the two figures seperately, by the looks, and include half the combination accessories/weapons with each figure - here's hoping that also means those figure sets won't be insanely expensive ... ch', yeah... right...
BlacknRedTed
Protoform

Post by BlacknRedTed »

Thanks glazio. Time to get on the hunt for these figures.
Paul053

Post by Paul053 »

When will we see the colors?
borg72

Post by borg72 »

Paul053 wrote:When will we see the colors?
When FansProject release a picture. seriously, if you've followed any of the above links, you know as much as anyone else does so far.