Elseworlds

Chat about stuff other than Transformers.
angloconvoy

Elseworlds

Post by angloconvoy »

Anyone else like these. I picked a fairly new one up today "JLA: Shogun Of Steel" I found it a really enjoyabe read. Could have done with being a few parts instead of just one, but I figure that when your main complaint is tha something isn't long enough then it can't be too bad.
Jetfire

Post by Jetfire »

JLA:The nail is pretty good.

The Golden age is excelent.

I remember a couple of the Vampire Batmans being very good (Red rain , Crimson mist etc ) but I cant rememebr which ones exactly.

Batman has a number of other good elseworlds but I cant remember off the top of my head.
Silly Cow

Post by Silly Cow »

Isn't Kingdom Come an Elseworlds comic, or am I just making an ass out of myself?

Nevertheless, I really liked Kingdom Come.
Thanks D!
Jetfire

Post by Jetfire »

Originally posted by Silly Cow
Isn't Kingdom Come an Elseworlds comic, or am I just making an ass out of myself?

Nevertheless, I really liked Kingdom Come.
Yup that was one od the best. Unless you dont like a story that butt kiss's the big 3 at Dc (Superman, Batman and wonderwoman) and basically say how crap the world is without them. Much like what the most recent incarnation of the JLA did :D.

I loved it and it stands above many other comicsbut the three way family thing at the end was a very contrived blatent fanboy fantasy:rolleyes:
Silly Cow

Post by Silly Cow »

Most of all I liked the tiny bits in Kingdom Come. When in the Superhero-cafeteria the waiter comes and introduces himself "Hi, I'm Robin" and Bruce says "Sure you are". It's just hilarious in a quiet sort of way.
and there's the part where Bruce sneeks up on Superman. Great.

I'm also a huge fan of Alex Ross's drawings (or should I say paintings?)
Thanks D!