Transformers #35 (Formerly RID)

Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
zigzagger

Transformers #35 (Formerly RID)

Post by zigzagger »

iTunes has posted an early 3-page preview of Transformers #35 (formerly Robots In Disguise).
Attachments
tf 35 pg3.jpg
tf 35 pg2.jpg
tf 35 pg1.jpg
zigzagger

Post by zigzagger »

SPOILER! (select to read)
Just like the dangling plot threads from Spotlight Wheelie, I can't say I've been clamoring for Jimmy Pink's return.

Blackrock makes his IDW debut, though. Uh... cool...???
Auntie Slag
Custom Title: Satisfaction guaranteed!

Post by Auntie Slag »

Not trying to get freaked out or anything, but why have they done away with the RID moniker? Sometimes changes like this suggest the bods on high are looking at the numbers and thinking of scaling back the operation to a single title because its too confusing for the readers and inhibits uptake. They're not thinking of hammering MTMTE are they?

"It's not until you're an adult you appreciate how awesome a dog is. Your dreams start dying, somebody cheats on you, bankers f*** up your pension. Then you come home and that dog's looking at you and he's like, 'Dude, you're awesome!'” - Bill Burr

“I re-invented my image so many times that I'm in denial that I was originally an overweight Korean woman.” - David Bowie
inflatable dalek

Post by inflatable dalek »

To avoid confusion with the new cartoon (which IDW will presumably be doing tie ins for).
REVIISITATION: THE HOLE TRUTH
STARSCREAM GOES TO PIECES IN MY LOOK AT INFILTRATION #6!
PLUS: BUY THE BOOKS!
Auntie Slag
Custom Title: Satisfaction guaranteed!

Post by Auntie Slag »

Oh ok, well good for them. I didn't fancy getting all militant mid-week but it did give me a sudden desire to loot Tottenham Court Road and burn the Reichstag. Back to my milky tea, then ��
inflatable dalek

Post by inflatable dalek »

OUT NOW AND SPOILERS.

Considering this issue was always going to be an uphill struggle for me considering it carries on featuring things of little interest (Jimmy Pink? Reallllllllllllllllllllllllly?) that wasn't too bad. The Cosmos/Skylinx/Kup scene was the highlight for being delightfully silly and the rest was fairly painless.
REVIISITATION: THE HOLE TRUTH
STARSCREAM GOES TO PIECES IN MY LOOK AT INFILTRATION #6!
PLUS: BUY THE BOOKS!
Terome

Post by Terome »

This comic has really become the 'light throwaway fun' in practice, hasn't it? I agree with you Dalek, nothing that is happening is particularly gripping (though I was inordinately delighted by the return of a mini-Constructicon) but it's fun watching the characters collide. It was satisfying to see Prime finally take steps to stop Prowl's extended rampage and guys like Alpha Trion and Galvatron are good value. Scoop's stuck in weird cultist mode but I did like how unfazed he was by Galvatron's debunking.

Blitzwing seems to be some sort of Decepticon flavour of Rung. He's everywhere. Whenever there is a bunch of Decepticons lurking in the background, there he is.
Summerhayes

Post by Summerhayes »

Entirely inoffensive but as a result entirely forgettable.
I haven't actually read any IDW Spike Witwicky stuff before. Is he kind of a knob?
I like bears.
Terome

Post by Terome »

I was very much not reading the comics in the latter stages but in All Hail Megatron and such he was a GI Joe style superhero who killed Megatron slightly and blew up Ravage and went to a hospital from Carry On Nurse.
Red Dave Prime

Post by Red Dave Prime »

He also took down a construction with a bottle of cillit bang.