G1 on DVD in Germany

Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
Nevermore

G1 on DVD in Germany

Post by Nevermore »

http://www.tvloonland.de/INDEX.CFM?acti ... ws&START=1

TV Loonland and FlexMedia will release the G1 cartoon on DVD in January. The big question is: Which episodes? Not all were originally dubbed. Not counting G2, we only got six episodes from the first two seasons. The Movie and season 3/4 have been completely dubbed, however.
Looking for a complete Energon Sky Shadow (from Superion Maximus).
Offering: Binaltech Hound, Swindle, Ravage (Corvette), Skids.
Can buy in stores: Robot Heroes Tigatron/Inferno, Ricochet/Predaking.
Ozz
Protoform

Post by Ozz »

I wouldn't be surprised if those were the ones which were aired on RTL in early 90s. We call them 'G2', but you know, not everybody needs to know that. They're technically are the original series, so what they had strange cybernetic cube popping every five seconds.
-Okay, the bomb's dropped. Life goes on. No amount of sulking or worrying changes that. We've got our own lives to live. In that regard, in five minutes time, I am using the autopilot on the Midnight Runner and taking it down the pub. If I go on my own, I go on my own.
-Well. Wait up, you horrible English git. While I'm around, you don't have to go anywhere on your own.
And, one by one, the others follow.
And, one by one, they begin to smile.
Cyberman

Post by Cyberman »

They´re in german language, then? Waste of money, IMO. I doubt they could translate it good, they sure don´t translate any good nowadays(for example: Futurama, awful translation).

Nice to know, though.
In a perfect world, this would be a signature. As it stands, it's just the lack of.
Nevermore

Post by Nevermore »

Dub might be bad, but it sure is nice to compare. ;)
And I could always switch to English, since German DVDs tend to feature both voice tracks.

I'm still wondering... so they have six episodes of season 1+2 dubbed, the Movie and season 3/4 complete... With different voice actors (Ultra Magnus has at least three different voices! And Optimus Prime has a totally different voice actor in "Dark Awakening" as compared to the rest of the episodes he appears in...), but who cares anyway? ;)
For the missing episodes, they could use the G2 voice tracks (different voice actors... again!), but then we're still missing a bunch of episodes. What about them? Yet another dub again?
Looking for a complete Energon Sky Shadow (from Superion Maximus).
Offering: Binaltech Hound, Swindle, Ravage (Corvette), Skids.
Can buy in stores: Robot Heroes Tigatron/Inferno, Ricochet/Predaking.