Energon and Alternators information

Figures, collectables, customs and collecting.
Savannahtron

Energon and Alternators information

Post by Savannahtron »

http://boards.allspark.com/index.php?ac ... ntry441958

Article has a lot of good info about up and coming Transformers.

Best is the info about Smokescreen being released en mass, and Prime will be a TRU exclusive.

Who knows, maybe they will be all mass produced and released, but they will be die cast also. Woot!
Unicron

Post by Unicron »

The Prime will be a TRU exclusive at first. Appearantly other stores will be able to carry it at some point. Or that's the impression I got from what I read.

And the US version of Smokescreen is gonna have more plastic and less die cast then the Japanese one. Which explains the $20 price tag.
Wildfire Herald

Post by Wildfire Herald »

I'm excited about Energon, it looks to be a cool line (even though now 900 people will post "d00d, this sux, hasbro sux, bring back the cars" or something along those lines.) Interesting that Alternators is sort of a stand alone series. I'm not shelling out $75+ for that Prime, I don't care enough. Energon seems to have the basis of a really interesting storyline, now let's hope they learned their lesson from the Armada show and there will be no damn kids in it.
R.I.P. Hunter S. Thompson

"That's Claypool for ya; he's against a harmless drug, but for date-rape..."
"Just say "NO!" to Gonadial Irradiation." - Snake

"I would ride that pony in the most illegal and obscene way possible. " - Spengs

My want list
I need ROTS Clone Troopers
Unicron

Post by Unicron »

Originally posted by Wildfire Herald
now let's hope they learned their lesson from the Armada show and there will be no damn kids in it.

The three kids are gone. Let's hope everyone's favorite planet eater, (Unicron, not Oprah) getss them.

Unfortunatly, there will be 1 human in Energon, but according to official type person or soomething, he's gonna be cooler or not as annoying or more likeable or some **** like that. Probably won't work
Savannahtron

Post by Savannahtron »

Yeah, when they try to make someone "cool, or likeable" it always sux.

With Spike in the G1 series, they did not try to make him likable, they tried to make him a teenager, who grew up.

The other human charachters in the G1 series weren't PC either, trying to save the environment and stuff...
Halfshell

Post by Halfshell »

Originally posted by Unicron
everyone's favorite planet eater

Galactus is in it? :confused:
The Spider
Protoform

Post by The Spider »

The three kids are gone.

Five. Unless the other two are gone already.
Unicron

Post by Unicron »

Originally posted by The Spider
Five. Unless the other two are gone already.

Oh, I forgot about the other two. Either way, all of the kids from Armada will be gone
RID Scourge

Post by RID Scourge »

They should have an older Alexis. I liked her.
Dead Man Wade

Post by Dead Man Wade »

Originally posted by PaladinPrime
They should have an older Alexis. I liked her.

i wouldn't use the word "liked". i'd use "tolerated". but she is a whole lot better than carlos ("there's someteeng very sexy about that hologram...."), fred ("new minicon? i'll go check the buffet!"), or rad ("i know i've only been around the minicons for all of five minutes, but i understand everything they say perfectly!").

still and all, i'd prefer the kid's presence was kept to a minimum.
RID Scourge

Post by RID Scourge »

Actually, I liked her. She demeaned the others, and yelled at them for being stupid.
Cyberman

Post by Cyberman »

...Unfortunatly, there will be 1 human in Energon...

I don´t think there´s anything wrong with having humans in any TF series. They just have to be actually USEFUL.
Think about Spike in the Comic - he was useful, fit in, didn´t just annoy by being stereotypically dumb.
Tempest

Post by Tempest »

Originally posted by PaladinPrime
Actually, I liked her. She demeaned the others, and yelled at them for being stupid.

I here you, loud and clear. Anyway im defientaly going to make a big start on recollecting again when Energon comes in, I was too late for Armada plus those first three teams are hard as all hell to find, so ill be getting the Universe Series and Energon, it will be interresting to see this 'cool' kid though. Plus the 20th Anniversary Prime will be one of my favourites, i hope, and im willing to pay $75+ it will be a piece of TF history just like Unicron, i just hope they could do like a special thing for him too .... *sigh*