Ultimate Avengers 2

Chat about stuff other than Transformers.
dEcEpTiCoN MEGAtron
Protoform

Ultimate Avengers 2

Post by dEcEpTiCoN MEGAtron »

Didn't even know they were making one until I saw a commercial for it on WWE Raw the other night.

Ultimate Avengers 2: Rise of the Panther

To save humanity, the Earth's mightiest heroes must reunite for a rematch of heroic proportions. Mysterious Wakanda. It lies in the darkest heart of Africa, unknown to most of the world. An isolated land hidden behind closed borders, fiercely protected by its young king - the BLACK PANTHER. A king hold the fate of the entire earth in his hands. Because brutal alien invaders are coming, soon to fill every sky and control every land, seeking what is buried beneath ancient Wakanda. That leaves the Black Panther with a single option, one that goes against the sacred decrees of his people-to ask for help from outsiders. And so he turns to--- The Avengers - Captain America. Iron Man. Thor. Giant Man. Wasp. And the Incredible Hulk. These mightiest of heroes have battled the aliens before, and barely survived. They thought it was over. They were wrong.

Comes out August 8th to DVD. I'm downloading it now. Hope it's good.
Halfshell

Post by Halfshell »

There was a "making of the sequel" feature on the DVD for the first one.

I'll be skipping it.
Hound

Post by Hound »

Was the first one any good?

I've been thinking about buying it...
Halfshell

Post by Halfshell »

Most people seem to rave about it.

I thought it was wank.
CounterPunch
Protoform

Post by CounterPunch »

It was ok, I enjoyed it when I first watched it but there is barely any replay value, I tried watching it again the other day and got about 10 mins in.
Halfshell

Post by Halfshell »

Yeah, I think that if you've already read The Ultimates, it'll have much the same effect.

Okay, it's nice to see the story done on screen even if the animation style is annoying as hell. But if you already know what happens... it offers nothing more...
Jetfire426
Protoform

Post by Jetfire426 »

I loved them both.... the comic is even better....
One shall stand, One shall fall...
DrSpengler
Protoform

Post by DrSpengler »

Shockmeister
Protoform

Post by Shockmeister »

Nice review, but you misspelled 'Chitauri' (the aliens), and that Nazi guy is called Kleiser, not Kreiger.

Hooray for nitpicking!
Sig-image by DrEvil. He rules...
"I was given a chocolate bar and an M-1 rifle and told to go kill Hitler." - Jack Kirby's WW2 experience.
DrSpengler
Protoform

Post by DrSpengler »

.!
Shockmeister
Protoform

Post by Shockmeister »

I am so suddenly cowed by your superior...megalomaniacal ranting.

Or your vicious use of asterisks and capitals together.
Sig-image by DrEvil. He rules...
"I was given a chocolate bar and an M-1 rifle and told to go kill Hitler." - Jack Kirby's WW2 experience.
Dead Man Wade

Post by Dead Man Wade »

Originally posted by DrSpengler
It actually made me tolerate the Black Panther, though, and I appreciate that they didn't do anything racial witht he character, instead focusing on his history and personality over the color of his skin.

I saw it a couple of weeks ago. Vastly superior to the original, in that it was an entirely new story (though still dealing with the frickin' Chitauri), and adequately enjoyable.

Like Spengs said, it was nice to see Black Panther handled as something other than 'The Black Hero'. In fact, until recently, one of the biggest problems I'd had with the character was that his primary interaction with the rest of the Marvel U involved guest appearances by Luke Cage, Blade, etc.

Anyway, decent movie, though what I'm really jazzed about are the the Iron Man and Dr. Strange movies they're doing.
Prowl1984

Post by Prowl1984 »

yeah it wasn't bad. i've never read the ultimates so the story was original from my PoV, quite enjoyable. i thought panthers costume was a bit wank though, i prefer the old school one, and i wasn't expecting
SPOILER! (select to read)
Hank to croak it
but he did annoy the frack outta me. was nice to see the war machine too, shame it was stark underneath though. i'm hoping they make a third, i've enjoyed the last two just on pure entertainment and "sod it i have nothing better to do" value. i wouldn't mind seeing hawkeye make an appearence either

"No point in long goodbyes, here's the door."

"Life's a trip, and then you die" -
Hunter S.Thompson
1937-2005 :smokin:
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Didn't get around to watching the first one... if it'd been a live action version of the comic, there would definitely have been watching, but as it is, the exercise just felt like it'd be the comic with less good art...

So the second one's an original story?
Sociopathic Autobot

Post by Sociopathic Autobot »

Originally posted by Prowl1984

but he did annoy the frack outta me. was nice to see the war machine too, shame it was stark underneath though. r

Yeah, The Ultimate series is doing that a lot lately. I was quite upset when I found out who Cable was....
SAGE GOES IN ALL FIELDS
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Originally posted by Denyer
Didn't get around to watching the first one... if it'd been a live action version of the comic, there would definitely have been watching, but as it is, the exercise just felt like it'd be the comic with less good art...

'Spretty much where I stand... I did watch a bit of that copy you sent me, but the changes were irritating, and it shows you just how vital a part Hitch's art was. The thing that annoyed me is that the first six issues are basically a film in printed form, so nothing needed changing (maybe the odd tweak to make the dialogue a little more family-friendly) and yet they had to screw with it a bit...

Not interested in the sequel, TBH, because it'll be just another Avengers story when there are, what, four, five perfectly good Ultimates arcs out there...
Halfshell

Post by Halfshell »

Originally posted by Cliffjumper
it shows you just how vital a part Hitch's art was.

Anybody else terrified by the notion of what's gonna happen when the creative team changes to Loeb and Madureira?
inflatable dalek

Post by inflatable dalek »

Originally posted by Brendocon
Anybody else terrified by the notion of what's gonna happen when the creative team changes to Loeb and Madureira?

Well, it'll be one less comic to buy so my bank balence loves it.
REVIISITATION: THE HOLE TRUTH
STARSCREAM GOES TO PIECES IN MY LOOK AT INFILTRATION #6!
PLUS: BUY THE BOOKS!
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Originally posted by inflatable dalek
Well, it'll be one less comic to buy so my bank balence loves it.

Yeh, Marvel rehiring Claremont for X-Men for the umpteenth time finally made me realise I have the option of stopping buying and ignoring a title. Thanks for getting me out of buying comics monthly with your repeated cack-handedness, Joe.
CounterPunch
Protoform

Post by CounterPunch »

Originally posted by Denyer

So the second one's an original story?
SPOILER! (select to read)
basically the Chitauri invade Wakanda because there is a huge vibranium deposit situated under the city (and a Chitauri ship crashed there years before and had been turned in to weaponry and technology) Kleiser kills Black Panther and his son takes on the mantle, he gets help in fighting off the Chitauri, Pym dies blah blah, suprisingly bloody