UK DVD updates

Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
Nevermore

UK DVD updates

Post by Nevermore »

Stealing the thunder from Chris before he gets around to post in it here. ;)

http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/thread77944.html
Just a brief summary of the latest developments on these releases.

TRANSFORMERS: THE MOVIE

Set for release at the end of August, this remastered version features an altered picture that will show more footage than has ever been seen onscreen before. The official Metrodome Transformers website will be update in the next week or so, and will feature comparison images, and even a Quicktime movie, to show audiences the differences between the two versions of the film. I've seen some of the images, and it's lookin' pretty cool.

It was previously mentioned about the possibility of including toy commercials, but this seems to have been abandoned, either due to difficulty in obtaining the rights to do so, or concern over the visual quality of the ads (I've seen the reel of them, and they're pretty scratchy).

The website update will also contain a more definitive list of extra features, but on the table right now are trailers and TV spots, assorted animation tests (including the opening credits text, and a "clean", textless version of Laserbeak's approach to Cybertron from the start of the film), and the first subtitled episode of "Headmasters."

Which brings us to...

TRANSFORMERS: HEADMASTERS

As most will be aware, this set collects the entire Headmasters series (35 eps) on four discs, with the original Japanese audio with new subtitles, and the Star TV dub. The subtitles will be making use of the English language names and terminology for the series. It's released towards the end of September.

I've seen some of the new subtitle scripts, and they're looking pretty good, bar a couple of small mistakes in naming that I rather expected the company might make, which I'm helping to correct. We're still far away from the release, so there's plenty of time to correct and adjust anything that needs it for a perfect set of subs.

Extra features for this set are unconfirmed, bar one - get your earplugs ready, because I'm going to be providing commentary tracks for the first three episodes of the series. I don't imagine I'll have anything to say that serious Transfans don't know already, but I'm recording them this Thursday, and I admit I'm rather nervous.

Both of these releases are Region 0, which means that our American cousins will be able to import and play them on their DVD players - but since they're PAL, you'll need either a player or a TV that can decode the signal.

That's all for now!
Looking for a complete Energon Sky Shadow (from Superion Maximus).
Offering: Binaltech Hound, Swindle, Ravage (Corvette), Skids.
Can buy in stores: Robot Heroes Tigatron/Inferno, Ricochet/Predaking.
inflatable dalek

Re: UK DVD updates

Post by inflatable dalek »

The fan commentry might could be fun... They either tend to be very good (The UK He-Man DVD's) or insanely bad (The last two Red Dwarf releases). I'm actually pleasenly suprised we're geting any sort of extra's on the Jap shows, so good one Metrodome!
REVIISITATION: THE HOLE TRUTH
STARSCREAM GOES TO PIECES IN MY LOOK AT INFILTRATION #6!
PLUS: BUY THE BOOKS!
DrEvil

Post by DrEvil »

http://www.thetf.net/forum_posts.asp?TID=532&PN=1&TPN=5

The cover's been shown and me is not really happy with it.
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Is there anything to not like? It's authentic, which suits the idea of the release...
DrEvil

Post by DrEvil »

It's just personal opinion. I'm more partial to the UK Cover than the US one and I don't like the image of Unicron there.

The rest of it is fine, its just the main image.
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Oh, it's a uninteresting picture alright... I'm just glad the choice wasn't made to commission new art. I think this one was just picked as the others have already been used.
DrEvil

Post by DrEvil »

My other problem is it doesn't fit with the rest of the Metrodome set. The whole silver box and silver sets.

There was quite a nice thing on thetf.net forums that showed Daz' ideas for it. UK Artwork but smaller and it has a silver background if I remember correctly.

But I'll live with it, as long as the quality lives up to what its supposed to be.

Apart from that I am really looking forward to the Headmasters release. Seems very promising
Orion1
Protoform

Post by Orion1 »

It looks alright to me.
"No matter the distance"
DrEvil

Post by DrEvil »

Update

Metrodome

Screens are up and some videos but you have to register