Energon = Armada?

Figures, collectables, customs and collecting.
Addl
Protoform

Energon = Armada?

Post by Addl »

Eh?

After posting my last post just 2 days ago, I just noticed "Energon"

Again a new toyline with Armada toys? Or does it belong to Armada line?

Grrrr... I skimmed the cataloge... do the Armada toys combine like Energon?
[sigpic][/sigpic] :clap: Isch bin dabbei! :up:
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Energon is the follow-on series after Armada. It will use most of the same characters, but the emphasis on combining is new.

Having said that, some Armada figures do combine. The big Armada Prime will combine with the space shuttle Jetfire and the base/truck Overload. On the Decepticon side, I think that Tidal Wave combines with Megatron.

There might be other connections, but I haven't really paid much attention to Armada.
Addl
Protoform

Post by Addl »

Thanks Denyer

I haven't paid any attention to it myself, due to the lack of toys here... and as for the cartoon/story I have not been interested in that since 1989 :-)

But all these recolor make it so difficult... I like to buy any robot with a great alternate mode (plane/car) no matter what toyline but now I see all these re-releases and the colors are often better...

It is frustrating to buy them again and sell the old ones :\
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

I haven't found anything over here yet which I really wanted, although the high price of Armada figures in the UK doesn't exactly encourage impulse buying.

I should hopefully have someone picking me up an Armada Wheeljack, but I agree—it'll be irritating if it appears in Energon with a better colour scheme, because the one used in Armada isn't exactly fantastic. It is a great design, though, and I've been wanting to try some repainting myself.

If you want really good figures, have you been following the Alternators line?

http://bigbadtoystore.com/toystan.asp?Queryid=pre627
http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/toystan.a ... yid=pre634

They're bigger than the original TFs, and those models include quite a lot of metal parts (hence the cost)—they're supposedly going to be released in the US next year with less metal, which will make them closer to $20 each.

My inclination is to wait and maybe import an Alternators Smokescreen then.
Savannahtron

Post by Savannahtron »

Speaking of Smokescreen, I heard he is being released this week.

I wonder if the US version will come out soon...I think I would rather have the Japanese version though.
Addl
Protoform

Post by Addl »

Alternators seem very nice, yeah... a G1 revival with 2003 toy technology.

But couldn't they at least have taken a Lamborghini Murcielago instead of a Viper for Sideswipe, if a new form at all?

From Armada, I have Megatron, Demolisher, and Cyclonus due to cool military forms... but I agree that most are too expensive for a test buy.

Armada's forms in general are too "tech" for my taste... but good thing are the few "beast" forms in that line.

I'd like a look at Tidalwave... seems a great form and if it can combine with Megs, hurray! Or will there be a different Megatron than in Armada?

Is there a line after Energon in development?

When this is over, I guess I'll have a lot of TF's multiple times in different colors... then I can sit down and choose which one to keep of them.
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Originally posted by Addl
will there be a different Megatron than in Armada?
Very likely. His head will probably look a little similar to G1 Galvatron (in the comics), from what we know so far... I'm guessing a completely new mould.