[Original RPG] End of the Line: Turnabout (Autobase)

Look back over the last decade-plus worth of games!
Warcry

End of the Line: Turnabout (Autobase)

Post by Warcry »

Aboard Metroplex, Prime and his senior staff are meeting to discuss the future of the war. They have decided to take back the initiative and strike out against the Decepticons, hoping to end their reign of terror once and for all. The Wreckers are working on a plan to take out Metrotitan, while other Autobots go to the Moon and retake the Autobot starship Steelhaven. Meanwhile, Metroplex's bridge crew is spearheading a project to build Guardian drones to protect the humans from the Decepticons.
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Wrecker Meeting, Metroplex

Getaway raised an optic ridge at Wheelie's entrance, but nodded.

"A single infiltrator would be able to get inside the city better than the whole team, certainly. But what's to stop you from being gunned down on approach?"

The Powermaster glanced back at Overdrive.

"You didn't happen to record any data on enemy communications while you were there, did you? My Nebulan partner is a telecom scientist, so he might be able to up our odds a bit that way."
optimusskids
Protoform

Post by optimusskids »

Overdrive looked over at Getaway

"I have some data , but Skyfire probably has more info. Whats Scorponok going to be doing while we attack Metrotitan , his lack of activity last time was fortunate, possibly connected to the upgrades , like the new shielding , however if the upgrades have been completed......"
Warit00
Protoform

Post by Warit00 »

----------Metroplex Command Center-----------
"Well,that's for now."Hoist said while he gave the datapad with a list who in-out Metroplex to Inferno.The datapad have listed only who leave Metroplex and the list are Groove
,Hot Spot ,First Aid ,Blitzwing ,Trailbreaker and the Aerialbots.

-----------Somewhere distances from Autobase-----------
Rosdos and check his positions from his radar."That as far as I can go.Good bye Steve."Then Rosdos turn back and drive to his home base.
MirageHoundFan
Protoform

Post by MirageHoundFan »

OOC: Do I just say Blaster has already got out of Devcon or does someone need to move him?

"Wrecker's Bay", Metroplex

"Now you guys are talking" Sandstorm finally spoke up, looking ecstatic at Roadbuster's mission briefing, then nodding at Whirl "I'll help out with that"

Then the triplechanger glanced at Wheelie before turning his attention back to the other Wreckers and adding "Speaking of the arctic camo, can I get myself repainted before this mission?"

"So now I'm asking more of you than I have before. Maybe all. Sure as I know anything, I know this, they will try again. Maybe on another world, maybe on this very ground swept clean. A year from now, ten? They'll swing back to the belief that they can make people better. And I do not hold to that. So no more runnin'. I aim to misbehave" - Captain Mal Reynolds
Wildrider

Post by Wildrider »

Wrecker's Bay, Metroplex

Wheelie was undeterred by Getaway's logic and began slowly walking around the outside of the bay wall, brushing the plating with his fingertips.

The Minibot loner turned his head slightly to one side, never making optical connection with any of the assembled Wreckers.

"To hide in the void, put me in an asteroid,
repaint me black, for armour piercing sneak attack?"

Wheelie finally looked up, an unsettling smile creeping over his face.
Heinrad

Post by Heinrad »

"Wrecker's Bay", Metroplex:

Roadbuster: "As much fun as stealing Metrotitan would be, Whirl..... There aren't enough of us. We'd have to blow the main computer up and then run everything ourselves. Not to mention the fact that we'd have a hard time hiding it. Unless anybody knows where there's a chop shop that'll handle a citycon, that is....." -looks over at Getaway- "Actually, I was thinking about having Brawn drill us a path there. Our big potential advantage is that if Scorponok is still there, whoever's in charge of him might not be willing to destroy one of their own bases to get us. And if they are, it makes our job that much easier." -looks over at Wheelie- "Metrotitan's in Antarctica. Painting you black won't help." -optic band narrows, hand hovering near the grip of his linear blaster cannon- "Who are you, and who invited you to this meeting, anyway? And no rhymes. I want a straight answer."
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

(OOC: You can just say he's gotten out, MHF. :))

"You're no fun anymore, 'buster."

Whirl mock-glared at Roadbuster as well as his facial structure would allow. Turning to Sandstorm, he gave his friend a playful shove.

"You'd better. Camo's not a very Wreckerish thing to wear, after all..."

Getaway listened to the tactical suggestions from his teammates (and one interloping Minibot, too).
optimusskids
Protoform

Post by optimusskids »

Overdrive looked thoughtful

"We could go in with a shopping list , if we took an engineer with us we could retrieve any parts that we need to repair Metroplex and save ourselves some time."
Reflector

Post by Reflector »

Metroplex: Security

Skyfire listened quietly to the conclusions the others came to, taking mental notes more as orders than as points to be analyzed and critically discussed.

"I will offer my services to provide transit to the worksite," he delivered, partially pointed toward Huffer. "I also possess some expertise with such ships' navigational systems."

Ultra Magnus remained with his arms folded at his end of the table, thinking carefully over various scenarios that could come of these endeavours. Most specifically, his thoughts were occupied with how Metrotitan would react to another intrusion.

"Destroying the city will be difficult, even for the Wreckers," he decided. "That sort of tactic needs concentration, and we can't afford to risk our best team getting pinned down in that sort of environment when Gigatron responds. They need mobility. Hit and run may be more appropriate."

Metroplex: Wrecker's Bay

Six-Gun listened in on the plans with am ambivalence hovering between depression and anxiousness. He knew he couldn't leave the city to help them, but he continued to dream that his knowledge of the city's layout could be enough use that they'd ask him along anyway. He tapped his right arm-barrel against his armrest in cognitive dissonance.

Neo Shuttle

Countdown watched the monitors expertly as the ship rocketed west across the American landscape. As the medium-range detectors picked up Autobase on the horizon, he picked up the commlink to call in.

"Autobase, come in. This is Countdown requesting landing clearance at Fortress Maximus. Transmitting authentification. Over."

In the cabin, Jazz looked over those assembled and nodded when Countdown forwarded the message. He strolled back to a seat on the side bench and magnetized himself in.

"Right on, Neos, gonna be landin' soon. Hang onto your hats."
Wildrider

Post by Wildrider »

Wrecker's Bay

Wheelie grinned uneasily as he picked up his energo knife from the deck, the Minibot was crazy brave, but he had disrespected the chain of command. The survivalist knew there was little love lost between his fellow Autobots and the 'Wild Child of Quintessa', loose cannons weren't usually though of in high regard.

"Painted white in the dead of night, standing out like a shining light....?."

The unusual Minibot showed no fear in the face of enough combined skill and firepower to level worlds and even in is unorthodox rhyme the sarcasm of his words stuck out.

Wheelie winked an optic at the weapons array known as Sixgun and turned to leave the bay. The Minibot's right fist flicking an ancient and forbidden Quintesson insult at the assembled Wreckers as he did so.

"Who I am is nothing to you, despised by many, valued by few,
I am neither friend nor foe, is all you shall know........"

Omega Supreme

Tailgate happily polished the giant Auto-brand on the hull of Omega Supreme's rocket mode. The size of the giant Autobot insignia sending electro nerve pulses of sheer pride cursing through the Minibot's circuitry.

There is always hope....
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Whirl shrugged. "Let him come! If Gigs shows up, we'll take him to school!"

Getaway restrained a sigh at his comrade's unending confidence, then glanced towards the upset-sounding Minibot who was leaving the room.

"You know, we might not have a job for Wheelie here, but I bet he would come in handy for the team we're sending to the Steelhaven."

Shrugging, he continued.

"At any rate, we might not want to destroy Metrotitan, even if we can. The Decepticons may be our enemies now, but there are still the Quintessons to worry about, lest we forget."

Security Wardroom, Metroplex

Red Alert narrowed his optics, surprised by Skyfire's willingness to volunteer. However, the scientist was better-qualified for the job than anyone else they had.

"Take him," he told Huffer. "You and Crosshairs can use all the help you can get."

He turned to Magnus. "I couldn't agree more. If we're going to press an attack on the Decepticon cities, we'll have to do it in force. If we're not prepared to do that, harrassment and hit-and-fade operations would be a better choice."
Heinrad

Post by Heinrad »

"Wrecker's Bay", Metroplex:

Roadbuster: -idea forming in his head, looks over at Sixgun- "Two things: One, what's the best way to keep the internal security system from reacting to the presence of intruders, and Two, where would auxiliary fire control be?" -hits button on comm panel, taking the conference room off of hold- "What if we sabotaged Metrotitan and turned his guns on Scorponok? Two cities damaged in one raid?"
Zisteau

Post by Zisteau »

Security Wardroom, Metroplex

Huffer nodded emphatically. "The actual redesign and refurbishment from an engineering standpoint will be simple enough, but the actual repair time could be extensive. With Metroplex things pretty much ran themselves once I got the foundry back online...that won't be the case with the Steelhaven if I'm reading these schematics correctly. Any assistance we can get will speed things up."
Wildrider

Post by Wildrider »

Corridors

Wheelie sauntered along the corridors of Metroplex, the Minibot was undeterred by the actions of the Autobot's commando elite, they, after all were under far more pressure than he.

The survivalist had spent too long in isolation on Quintessa, he did not mix easily with his brethren. Although the Wrecker's had given Wheelie fuel for thought.

Steelhaven.......

The Minibot smiled to himself and wandered back in the direction of the security wardroom.
verytired

Post by verytired »

Fort Max security
Guzzle and Sizzle continue to wait for orders from Siren and streetwise.

Metroplex cargo bay
Fizzle arrived on the transport with the durabyllium and began unloading. He used his internal comms to contact Backstreet:
"Backstreet, are you still on the command deck? I have the Durabyllium, all 5 tons of the stuff. Is Perceptor still there? Ah, over."
BlueSkids

Post by BlueSkids »

Metroplex Command Deck

" Ah, well; Perceptor seems busy at this moment and Huffer is still in the meeting", replied Backstreet from the bridge at Fizzle's call. " But maybe Hoist can help us with the cosntruction of the prototype. I've been revising the manufacturing plants on Metroplex and on deck 3 there is one fully functional, with a load of drones. Maybe we can send the schematics to the plant drones, so they can start the building. What do you think?"
verytired

Metroplex cargo bay

Post by verytired »

Fizzle grunted before returning comms.
"Good by me. I'll truck the goods over to the plant, but I'd like Hoist to oversee the start of the construction atleast: I don't know how to manage the drones or much about construction."
Fizzled signed off to Backstreet and began the journey on the transport: he noted to get back to the deck asap so as he could get a look at Perceptors work on the CPU and start down loading the programs he'd found before correcting them as needed.
Reflector

Post by Reflector »

Metroplex: Security

Skyfire nodded seriously at Red Alert's decision. He'd put his name in the hat, after all, and he'd take whatever came with that.

Magnus considered carefully how to go about altering the plan; he was satisfied at Roadbuster's suggestion.

"Or sabotage," he added to Red Alert quietly. "Ideal, Roadbuster. The objective is to keep them busy, regain our momentum, and challenge their strongest assets without risking capture. Find a way to do it without becoming entrenched and you'll satisfy all of those."

Metroplex: Wrecker's Bay

Six-Gun gave Wheelie a peculiar look, but he was overtaken immediately by excitement (which he hid spectacularly). He knew they'd want his input! He'd be a Wrecker yet.

"Well," he began, leaning back and folding his legs, "when we ran that ship, we had a sonar system that bounced signals through the halls, then cross-referenced the return interference against the database roster. Only ways past that were cloaking, punchin' yourself full of holes, or looking like somebody who's supposed to be there."

He considered a moment.

"Catchin' a Decepticon for a shield could work, or goin' down the walls with a laser rake to make interference. 'Course, they might have set up a new system since they took over. As for the auxillary weapons, we had them hidden under the repair bays on the city flanks. They're probably still there. They weren't centralized, which means they'll be harder to operate, but they're also harder to move."
BlueSkids

Post by BlueSkids »

Metroplex Command Deck

" Good ", replied Backstreet to Fizzle. Then the triggerbot checked his sensors and the spy satellite's data. The Area 51 and Tokyo battlefronts were still in dispute, so he coul divert his atention again with the Guardian Project.

" Hey Hoist ", asked Backstreet, " do you want to help Fizzle, Perceptor, myself, the human and the Autobot cause overseeing the drones in the factory plant on level trhee? "