More Takara reissues: Omega Supreme, minibots, etc. Also Classics stuff

Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
Clay

More Takara reissues: Omega Supreme, minibots, etc.

Post by Clay »

Posted on fan2fan, and relayed by TFW:

http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/showthread.php?p=1843294
Ackula

Encore 09 and 10 Announced/New Japanese Classics Images

Post by Ackula »

http://www.fantofan.jp/

Encore #9 has been announced as Bumble aka Bumblebee, with four other minibots. The other minibots look to be Powerglide, Warpath, Cosmos, and Huffer.

Encore #10 is Omega Supreme, and will retail for $76.

Also there are plenty of new images of the Japanese Classics (HenKei "Transform"! Transformer) releases in and out of packaging over at fantofan as well.

Mirrored images also available over at TFW2005
Clay

Post by Clay »

Too slow! :p
Ackula

Post by Ackula »

:wall:

Edit: I must say, the Takara Classics Starscream looks SO much better and I will just have to buy one. "Starscream will feature Anime colors and stripes, and have chrome parts on his missile launchers." :D
Clay

Post by Clay »

Heh. I feel just the opposite about it. Starscream and Bumblebee seem quite drab and ugly compared to the Hasbro versions.

Prime is take or leave; don't really see much difference between it and the US version.

Grimlock is just ugly.

Megatron is nicely done, but I'll pass. I think he's cuter in neon green and purple.
RID Scourge

Re: Encore 09 and 10 Announced/New Japanese Classics Images

Post by RID Scourge »

Originally posted by Ackula
Encore #10 is Omega Supreme, and will retail for $76.

Must have! I got him as a hand-me-down from my cousins, as a kid, so I've been passively looking for a good deal on a mint/complete one. This'll be the best possible deal. Ooh! All ready at BBTS for $114.99! Preordered! :up:

Since this is the last big TF I plan on getting, unless they reissue Overlord, That should do me right good.

I got their minibot set, a few years back. It's the same figures, minus Gears, so I'm all set. I'd recommend it for minibot/micromaster/minicon/other small figure enthusiasts, though. Shame the E-Hobby set's pretty damn expensive. I'd love to get my hands on those ones, but not for that price. Though, Treads and Road Ranger would be cool . . .
zeoman4.5

Post by zeoman4.5 »

How Awsome is this?!? Omega is practically #1 on my list of
G1 toys, and now I can get one. Finally justice for my loss of my
Beast Wars toys. If they reissue the minicars that would be
incredible, I like the powerglide figure. NO more Clasics for me,
I got all of the American ones.
inflatable dalek

Post by inflatable dalek »

Was Omega not one of the toys owned by another company we were told would never be reissued? Does this mean everyones favourite purple one eyed monster looks more likely to be put out again one day?
martyboy70

Post by martyboy70 »

Just ordered my Ironhide and Ratchet last night so OS is indeed good news.
I have a mint pre TF Omegatron who is dark gray/black so when I get OS he can be the nemesis version.
Also good to see that the Bumblebee has the Anime headsculpt as seen on the previous Takara book reissue.
Cant see that £40 price tag holding by the time it gets to me.
Loss of job. Will sell for food here.
Damolisher
Protoform

Post by Damolisher »

Originally posted by inflatable dalek
Was Omega not one of the toys owned by another company we were told would never be reissued? Does this mean everyones favourite purple one eyed monster looks more likely to be put out again one day?

Nah, I decided to keep it to myself after I got arrested last time and... Oh, sorry, wrong purple one eyed monster. :P
"Right, switch to Red Alert."
"Are you sure, sir? It does mean changing the bulb!"
Clay

Post by Clay »

Originally posted by inflatable dalek

Omega is from a different company, yeah. Sky Lynx as well. Apparently Takara are buying the rights to the molds or something.

In both cases, they're not really reissues since they were never available in Japan to begin with. More like "issues".
Clogs

Post by Clogs »

Retro, Sathanas!

No no no no no no no no no.... I will not buy another Starscream or Mirage.... but I MUST!!!

:wall:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Halfshell

Post by Halfshell »

Originally posted by Clay
In both cases, they're not really reissues since they were never available in Japan to begin with. More like "issues".

It's not an encore then, is it? I vote we firebomb them for misrepresentation of something.

... who owned the moulds? Is this something to do with Tomy?
martyboy70

Post by martyboy70 »

Originally posted by Clay
Omega is from a different company, yeah. Sky Lynx as well. Apparently Takara are buying the rights to the molds or something.

I wondered about this as well when Skylynx came out.
I wonder if its more a case of these companies being long out of business and the likelyhood of legal action being very slim.
Or maybe they have some longstanding (say 30 year) licensing agreement and are making the most of it.
Does anyone know if Toybox etc are around in any shape or form?
Another theory I had was that the original patent may have been 20 years which would make them "public domain" about now.
Anyway Im just happy as hell to see it and now my thoughts turn to a minty Shockwave,Trypticon,Scorponok etc as I have them already but want new ones.
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Originally posted by Halfshell
Is this something to do with Tomy?

They have money....?

Shockwave's a poss, I suppose. The Bandai stuff (Jets and the Deluxes) probably less so.

Hey, Omega - I was running low on Lego. And the Minibots - terrific, nobody who cares has all of those eighteen times over. What next? The Firecons and Battlechargers?
Halfshell

Post by Halfshell »

Originally posted by Cliffjumper
What next? The Firecons and Battlechargers?

Why not? Everybody loves Firecons, and the Battlechargers were arguably the best thing about Infiltration.
another tf fan

Post by another tf fan »

The Starscream Re-Paint looks very good.

Better than the U.S. release.

...Looks like a 1.25:1 version of the RobotMasters SS that I have, of course the classics version has knees.
Come on and wind me up.
martyboy70

Post by martyboy70 »

Originally posted by Cliffjumper
They have money....?

Shockwave's a poss, I suppose. The Bandai stuff (Jets and the Deluxes) probably less so.

Hey, Omega - I was running low on Lego. And the Minibots - terrific, nobody who cares has all of those eighteen times over. What next? The Firecons and Battlechargers?

I know you hate on G1 Cliffy but I like the OS mold its more like a puzzle than a TF and it uses all its parts in both modes which is more than most of the era can claim(seekers IM looking at you)

What price an E-hobby Guardian repaint??
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Classics stock photos now on Amazon:

http://www.allspark.com/index.php/20080 ... co.jp.html
Springer007

Post by Springer007 »

alas, Omega Supreme is still faceless....