Dreamwave.ca Updated: New Design, New Previews And Other Fun Stuff

Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
Bombshell

Dreamwave.ca Updated: New Design, New Previews And Other Fun Stuff

Post by Bombshell »

Dreamwave's official site got a major overhaul today. Whether or not this was due to the recent hack attack is unknown, but even I have got to admit that it was about time that they did it.

Among the updates to the site includes information of the third War Within series, the Age of Wrath.
The über fan-favourite TRANSFORMERS: War Within series is BACK with Volume 3 of the pre-Earth phase of GENERATION ONE!

This is one of the most eagerly anticipated books to come from Dreamwave, and for good reason - the unthinkable has happened: CYBERTRON has been conquered and the AUTOBOTS are enslaved! And guess who is behind it all? Good ol' Megatron! The DECEPTICON leader has turned up out of nowhere with a massive clone army that would make even UNICRON rust his bolts! Where did Megs get his army, and who is really pulling the strings? Witness the chilling dawn of the Age of Wrath!

Dreamwave's rising star Joe Ng gets to once again show his stuff with his own book, and super-scribe Simon Furman takes his incredibly popular storyline one step further in the TF history. This book is so exciting that there will be three crazy covers, each by the "big three" at Dreamwave: Pat Lee and Don Figueroa will each pencil an incentive cover, and Joe Ng will draw the double splash main cover!

Joe Ng is thrilled to get his own book, especially the well-liked War Within series, "It's incredibly exciting but also a bit nerve-wracking to be given such a great series to work on. To follow artists like Andrew Wildman and Don Figueroa is a real honor and to be able to pencil for someone like Simon Furman, with his great storytelling, makes it the icing on the cake. The War Within series really appeals to me as well because it's pretty dark and I like to play with mood a lot."

Pull up a chair, get comfy and sip on a box of Energon - Dreamwave's Transformers War Within is BACK and Issue one of the six part series will hit the stands in September!

In addition, they also have a preview of the upcoming Energon #25, currently scheduled to be released in July.
TRANSFORMERS ENERGON picks up where things left off, with a special Issue #25 set to hit the shelves in July!

The latest TF title by Dreamwave brings the 'bots up to the snowy northern realms of Canada for another epic adventure. This issue is particularly special as it marks Dreamwave's first 25th issue! - And it's so full of 'bots and blasts it will make your ENERGON boil! The ever-maturing AUTOBOT HOT SHOT has taken the always unpredictable SIGNAL FLARE, ARCEE, STRONGARM and SKYBLAST out for some wilderness training. And for the fresh-from-CYBERTRON OMNICON team, this neck of the terrestrial woods is going to take some adjusting to! Issue #25 also marks the AUTOBOT'S first encounter with the DECEPTICON…SNOW CAT!

Joe Ng will pencil the special 25th issue, and as always, is pretty keyed up, "I'm really honored to be working on this first 25th issue; it's really exciting. TRANSFORMERS is such a great property to be working on - I mean it's a 20-year-old franchise and I've always been a big fan."

Pat Lee, President of Dreamwave, can't stop raving about his protégé Joe Ng's work with the TRANSFORMERS, "I'm 100% sure Joe's TF pencils are going to be the next big thing in comics, and it's really exciting that he's part of Dreamwave. Honestly, I feel like a fan boy again waiting to see what he's going to come up with next!"

Still not stoked yet? Pat is so excited to have Joe on board they're each doing a cover. Look for special issue # 25 double splash covers by Joe Ng and Pat Lee!

Transformers Energon Issue #25 goes to the stands in July…be there!

They've also posted their plans for Botcon 2004.
On June 19-20, 2004, at the Pasadena Convention Center, in Pasadena, California, Transfans everywhere will unite for the 10th anniversary of Botcon - and Dreamwave will be there! Dreamwave's Pat Lee, Don Figueroa, Joe Ng, Brad Mick and Adam Patyk will be there to celebrate the 20th anniversary of the TRANSFORMERS!

The Dreamwave gang will be ready to meet and greet all walks of Transfans, and of course to discuss all the latest coming from DW. Although tight-lipped to keep the next installment of Pat Lee's TRANSFORMERS/G.I. JOE as exciting as possible, Pat does say this, "The next TF/G.I. JOE picks up where the old one left off, but a little bit later. It's a great storyline and I'm totally thrilled we can play some more with, what I think, is an amazing crossover." And don't forget the next volume of War Within. "We'll be able to talk a little bit about Volume 3, but not too much!" Pat exclaims, "seriously though, I'm stoked to come down to Botcon and chat TFs with the fans. It's what makes all the hard work worthwhile."

For more information about Botcon, check out http://www.botcon.com. For more about Dreamwave, check out http://www.dreamwaveprod.com.

They have also updated their Previews section. In addition to the recently posted Micromasters preview, they also have previews for the Beast Wars story in the Summer Special (Which is probably heading for a July release) and Generation One #5.

Transformers Summer Special with Beast Wars Preview

Writer: Simon Furman & Brad Mick

Artist: Pat Lee, Don Figueroa, Rob Ruffolo, and James Raiz

Covers By: Don Figueroa

FC 48pp $4.95 1-Shot

A new DW TRANSFORMERS tradition! Dreamwave cranks up the heat with this super-sized one-shot featuring not one, but four of the coolest incarnations from the timeless TRANSFORMERS franchise! Brought to a you by a veritable who's who of TRANSFORMERS talent (Pat Lee, Don Figueroa, Brad Mick and Simon Furman-to name but a few!), the TRANSFORMERS Summer Special not only delivers the first-ever DW takes on the classic BEAST WARS and ROBOTS IN DISGUISE franchises, but also includes exclusive tales from Generation One, ENERGON and more. A must-have for any TRANSFORMERS fan!

http://www.dreamwaveprod.ca/!2004/comic ... BWpg01.jpg

http://www.dreamwaveprod.ca/!2004/comic ... BWpg02.jpg

http://www.dreamwaveprod.ca/!2004/comic ... BWpg03.jpg

http://www.dreamwaveprod.ca/!2004/comic ... BWpg04.jpg

Transformers Generation One #5

Writer: Brad Mick

Artist: Don Figueroa

Covers By: Don Figueroa

FC 32pp $2.95 Monthly

Hot on the trail of the super powered DECEPTICON SUNSTORM, BUMBLEBEE and his fellow AUTOBOTS are shocked to discover an ancient DECEPTICON secret located deep within the bowels of the Earth. But how does this discovery factor into SUNSTORM's agenda and what links does it reveal about the histories of both Earth and CYBERTRON?

http://www.dreamwaveprod.ca/!2004/comic ... 05pg02.jpg

http://www.dreamwaveprod.ca/!2004/comic ... 05pg07.jpg

http://www.dreamwaveprod.ca/!2004/comic ... 05pg08.jpg

http://www.dreamwaveprod.ca/!2004/comic ... 05pg09.jpg
Alpha Trion
Protoform

Re: Dreamwave.ca Updated: New Design, New Previews And Other Fun Stuff

Post by Alpha Trion »

Bumblebee looks hilarious in the bottom left panel.

I'm surprised their BW story takes place in season 3. I had expected it to be a pre-Transmetal sotry for some reason.
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

"uber fan favourite"? Why not just write "We're a bunch of wankers! Wizard, give us hype, we'll let you **** our arses!"

EDIT: A3, that better not be a dig at "The Man Don"'s pencils. Because he's faultless, and we're not allowed to say anything bad about him. Ever.
Bombshell

Post by Bombshell »

Originally posted by Cliffjumper
"uber fan favourite"? Why not just write "We're a bunch of wankers! Wizard, give us hype, we'll let you **** our arses!"

Because I think it hits too close to home.
Originally posted by Cliffjumper
A3, that better not be a dig at "The Man Don"'s pencils. Because he's faultless, and we're not allowed to say anything bad about him. Ever.

Dude, I can't tell. Are you being sarcastic?
Alpha Trion
Protoform

Post by Alpha Trion »

Originally posted by Bombshell
Dude, I can't tell. Are you being sarcastic?

I'm pretty sure he is. As for Don, I've not seen much of his work. Um, he drew Skyfire's alt-mode well, but Bumblebee looks complete ****.
Strafe

Post by Strafe »

Pat Lee, President of Dreamwave, can't stop raving about his protégé Joe Ng's work with the TRANSFORMERS, "I'm 100% sure Joe's TF pencils are going to be the next big thing in comics,

Bombers Edit: Nice try, man. But you know I can't let you get away with that.
Sir Auros

Post by Sir Auros »

Is it just me or does it look like poo in Firefox?
Alpha Trion
Protoform

Post by Alpha Trion »

Originally posted by Sir Auros
Is it just me or does it look like poo in Firefox?

I'm using Firefox and the column on the left looks completely fubar.
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

It's a complete mess of IFRAMEs and sh*tty javascript to launch pages into them. Welcome back to 1998.

I mean, look at this toss...

function resizeIframe(frameid){
var currentfr=document.getElementById(frameid)
if (currentfr && !window.opera){
currentfr.style.display="block"
if (currentfr.contentDocument && currentfr.contentDocument.body.offsetHeight) //ns6 syntax
currentfr.height = currentfr.contentDocument.body.offsetHeight;
else if (currentfr.Document && currentfr.Document.body.scrollHeight) //ie5+ syntax
currentfr.height = currentfr.Document.body.scrollHeight;
if (currentfr.addEventListener)
currentfr.addEventListener("load", readjustIframe, false)
else if (currentfr.attachEvent){
currentfr.detachEvent("onload", readjustIframe) // Bug fix line
currentfr.attachEvent("onload", readjustIframe)
}
}
}

Professionals just don't write that sort of code anymore.
Sir Auros

Post by Sir Auros »

Originally posted by Denyer
Professionals just don't write that sort of code anymore.

Professionals just don't write comics like Dreamwave anymore either.

Wokka wokka...
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

They've gone out of their way to cause trouble for people using assistive technologies and search engines, apparently. Either that or the site was produced by a fifteen year old as their first gig. Those rollovers at the side can be done entirely with stylesheets, even for IE4. The IFRAME is completely f*cking unnecessary. They're running a php-based forum on the same server—all they have to do is use includes.

Incidentally, at the moment...

http://www.dreamwaveprod.ca -->

http://www.dreamwaveprod.ca/!newsite/pages/home.htm

http://www.dreamwaveprod.net -->

http://www.dreamwaveprod.ca/!2004/
Ozz
Protoform

Post by Ozz »

Originally posted by Alpha Trion
Bumblebee looks hilarious in the bottom left panel.
Goomba!
Osku
Protoform

Post by Osku »

Beast Wars preview looks nice. Unfortunately it might be ripping off the TV-series and "Dark Glass" fanfic comic.
inflatable dalek

Post by inflatable dalek »

So it's a Beast Wars preview is it? Guess that answers which franchise won the "Chose the next mini" compitition.

I'mdeeply worried about anyone who can describe comic covers as "Crazy". In fact I'm deeply worried about anyone who describes anything as "Crazy"...:)
REVIISITATION: THE HOLE TRUTH
STARSCREAM GOES TO PIECES IN MY LOOK AT INFILTRATION #6!
PLUS: BUY THE BOOKS!
Ozz
Protoform

Post by Ozz »

Originally posted by inflatable dalek
So it's a Beast Wars preview is it? Guess that answers which franchise won the "Chose the next mini" compitition.
It's the preview of Beast Wars story from Summer Special, not Beast Wars mini.
inflatable dalek

Post by inflatable dalek »

Ah, sorry, I thought it was describing the story as a preview... puts brain into gear...;)
REVIISITATION: THE HOLE TRUTH
STARSCREAM GOES TO PIECES IN MY LOOK AT INFILTRATION #6!
PLUS: BUY THE BOOKS!
Blacknife
Protoform

Post by Blacknife »

PUSH BUTTON!!!!!!!!!!!
PUSH BUTTON!!!!!!!!!!!

*ahem*
Push Button Lower Right

For those not in the know....
Action Master Mainframe

First use of AM partners? I don't remember the Marvel comics having the AM Partners in the backgrounds.
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Don likes to play around with easter eggs, doesn't he?

The cans are for Kremzeek cola, plus the energon cubes look more like the ones just released with the Japanese Insectron re-release than the ones in the cartoon...
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Originally posted by Denyer
Don likes to play around with easter eggs, doesn't he?

It is possibly his biggest failing. There's no point in having Diaclone Marlboor in the background if Issue 6 is going to be nigh-on incomprehensible, lads...