[BW,BM] Unadulterated HATE part 7: BEAST MACHINES

Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
Nevermore

Unadulterated HATE part 7: BEAST MACHINES

Post by Nevermore »

Part 7 in an ongoing series blatantly ripped off from an idea by Hooks of the Allspark.

Last time it was the Transformers fandom. This thread is about all the things you HATE about Beast Machines. No excuses. No defending. Just post everything you detest about BM in here, be it the notion of Cybertron being organic, endless chase scenes or established characters acting completely out of character.

For the BM lovers, there is a separate thread here, so make sure you only post the negative stuff in this one.

Next up: Beast Wars. ;)
Looking for a complete Energon Sky Shadow (from Superion Maximus).
Offering: Binaltech Hound, Swindle, Ravage (Corvette), Skids.
Can buy in stores: Robot Heroes Tigatron/Inferno, Ricochet/Predaking.
Cyberstrike nTo
Protoform

Post by Cyberstrike nTo »

I hate Beast Machines...

...97% toys sucked.

...The designs of the toys sucked and a lot of them had balance
problems.

...the fact that an intresting cool concept got royally screwed up.

...it ever got made.
Please visit Outlaw Colony my new message board it's a fun site for fun people.
Cassettacon 27
Protoform

Post by Cassettacon 27 »

Where do I begin?
WARNING! Major spoilers!!!!
Cybertron! Not Organictron!
They looked too human!
Hair on robots.
Optimus was too hippieish (Ever Gary Chalk complained about it!).
Rhinox's turning evil then dying.
Waspinator turning into a bug with Thrust's head at the end of the series.
Botanica (shudders)
Rattrap with Botanica (shudders again)
Rattrap turning into a weponless cripple-like 11 year old robot.
Cheetor's new additude.
Silverbolt's new additude.
Blackarachnia and Silverbolt's break up.
Savage // Noble.
No mention whatsoever of Dinobot, Tigatron, Inferno, etc ...
That whole de-evolution spary.
Optimus turning back into his original form, not TM. (Which is unlogical because his original body was destroyed by the Planet Buster)
I could go on and on.
It was just plain bad.
Joke. Noun. A thing said or done to cause laughter. Something not in earnest or ridiculous.

-Slash
Tiki Torch
Protoform

Post by Tiki Torch »

The hair on the robots and most of the toys sucked.
inflatable dalek

Post by inflatable dalek »

I paid two qiud each for some BM toys in a sale at work, and I still felt ripped off.
REVIISITATION: THE HOLE TRUTH
STARSCREAM GOES TO PIECES IN MY LOOK AT INFILTRATION #6!
PLUS: BUY THE BOOKS!
Cassettacon 27
Protoform

Post by Cassettacon 27 »

... No mention what so ever of Prime's Matrix of Leadership.
Joke. Noun. A thing said or done to cause laughter. Something not in earnest or ridiculous.

-Slash
Blitzwheel
Protoform

Post by Blitzwheel »

-Really poor half-assed explanation of how the maximals were devolved. (What was the point of the deevolution anyways?)

-zero explanation for why Megatron is suddenly obsessed with eliminating individuality and hates beast modes.

-Every episode has the same basic Vehicon chase scene

-the whole new-age hippy undertones (technology is bad nature is good) of the story got pretty annoying

-BM lacked the humorous element of the original series, and the plots just didn't compare

-Pretty much every maximal from Beast Wars with the exception of Black Arachnia acts out of character

-Optimus becomes a hippy and seems to lose a lot of his strength of will and leadership ability (the old Optimus would never have caved in to the insubordinate Cheetor)

-Rattrap goes from being a smug smartass to meek and cowardly

-the old cheetor may have acted against orders on occasion but he never would have plotted against Optimus, nor would the other maximals have tolerated it.
DrSpengler
Protoform

Post by DrSpengler »

Transfannabeel
Protoform

Post by Transfannabeel »

-Rattrap's sudden personality change and his new design.
-Nightscream and Noble.
-I wasn't fond of the Maximal designs for the most part.
Hound

Post by Hound »

I hate...

The whole part about Cybertron being an organic place
The new character designs
The hideous looking new characters
That they made Ratrap a coward
Most of the toys
The ending of the show
Cassettacon 27
Protoform

Post by Cassettacon 27 »

Originally posted by Blitzwheel
-the whole new-age hippy undertones (technology is bad nature is good) of the story got pretty annoying
Okay, you just left the planet Earth. Prehistoric Earth was 100% organic. And they dreamed of returning to Cybertron.
Yet, when you get back there, you say "Hey, lets make this planet just like the one we just left."
-the old cheetor may have acted against orders on occasion but he never would have plotted against Optimus, nor would the other maximals have tolerated it.

"I'm taking over."
Optimus should have smacked him right there. Or atr least shouted at him like he did at Rattrap in Beast Wars pt1. They changed the whole relationship from the "Father Son" type we knew, to a Guru and an a**hole type.

Another thing I hated. Megatron saying that he won the Beast Wars. Last I checked, it was Meg's not Optimus who was out of troops and tied to the back of a ship.

-Slash
ShadowSonic
Protoform

Post by ShadowSonic »

Megs was trying to psych Primal out when he said "You lost", after all, he WAS the one in charge at that point. I'd say he did win since he now ruled Cybertron.

Primal changed becuase he "saw God", just like guys in the Bible or religious legends would change after religious experiences. The Oracle/Allspark/God's will was for Cybertron to once again be an organic world, so he followed God's will. Beong reformatted and having a direct link to the Oracle added to this change. Pay attention.

The De-Evolution made sense. It makes them less powerful and easier to catch. And if you have no evolved form you're paralyzed (Rhinox, SB). Also, Primal changing back makes sense too. the Blank form Rhinox made was always supposed to be a copy of his first form, but since it was already with with the Quantum wave it come out as a TM. The virus just chnaged it back to what it was always supposed to be.

The changes all made sense within the context of the show. You just don't like the Maxies being anything other than Goody-two shoes rather than Grey characters.

As for wierd designs, they're inhuman alien beings, they shouldn't look like Humans.
I'd like to say it's been nice knowing you, but I'd be lying.

-Vile
Sixswitch

Post by Sixswitch »

See that bit in the first post that says that we're only to post negative stuff here?

-Ss
I found God. Then I lost him. He'll probably turn up down the back of the sofa someday.
"The early bird gets the worm, but the early worm is ****ed."
"I'm not oppressing you Stan, but you haven't got a womb. Where's the fetus going to gestate? You going to keep it in a box?"
Cassettacon 27
Protoform

Another hate

Post by Cassettacon 27 »

... Silverbolt. The falcon ninja ...

-Slash
Blitzwheel
Protoform

Post by Blitzwheel »

Originally posted by ShadowSonic
Primal changed becuase he "saw God", just like guys in the Bible or religious legends would change after religious experiences. The Oracle/Allspark/God's will was for Cybertron to once again be an organic world, so he followed God's will. Beong reformatted and having a direct link to the Oracle added to this change. Pay attention.

I really don't see how this would turn him into a pushover with Cheetor. If anything I would think the idea that he was doing God's (or the equivalent's) will would give him greater confidence in his actions.
The De-Evolution made sense. It makes them less powerful and easier to catch. And if you have no evolved form you're paralyzed (Rhinox, SB).

I didn't mean it didn't make sense in terms of why would Megatron do it, I meant why would the writers bother putting it in the story when the maximals were all reformatted so soon anyways. I stand by my belief that the deevolution grenade thing was stupid.
The changes all made sense within the context of the show. You just don't like the Maxies being anything other than Goody-two shoes rather than Grey characters.
Bulls**t. I find your justification of Optimus' change lacking and I challenge you justify the other character changes. Also you can't seriously believe that Cheetor turning into a jackass or Rattrap turning cowardly makes them greyer characters then Depth Charge or Dinobot were.
Cassettacon 27
Protoform

Post by Cassettacon 27 »

I thought of this last night. I think that they should have left Waspinator out of the show altogether.
Don't get me wrong, I love Waspinator, but I think that it would have been better if they never brought him back. If they eft him on Earth, the writers would be giving the fans something to wonder while they watched that half-baked show "Gee, I wonder how Waspinator's doing?"

-Slash
SoundCrush
Protoform

Post by SoundCrush »

The name itself.
They call it Beast Machines but there is little to no machine in the Maximals. The entire idea of concept of turning organic was just .....:wall:
Toyline blew. It was overwhelmed with too many of the goodguys and only about two molds were any good.
Skill without imagination gives us craftsmanship, which produces many useful objects such as wickwork picnic baskets. Imagination without skill gives us Modern Art.
- Tom Stoppard
Cassettacon 27
Protoform

Post by Cassettacon 27 »

The fact that they had more G1 referencess in BW than BM.
BW
The Ark
Soundwave
Starscream
Ravage
Teletran-1
Nemisis
Possible gilmpse of Cybertron in Earths orbit
Optimus Prime
Megatron
Mention of Arcee
and other classic G1 characters.
BM
The Hate Plague
Two Optimus Prime Statues
Iacon (Which was pronounced Icon)
Possible apperances by Soundwave and Bluestreak.

-Slash
Blitzwheel
Protoform

Post by Blitzwheel »

Originally posted by Cassettacon 27
Possible gilmpse of Cybertron in Earths orbit
When was this?
Originally posted by Cassettacon 27
BM
The Hate Plague
Two Optimus Prime Statues
Iacon (Which was pronounced Icon)
Possible apperances by Soundwave and Bluestreak.
Let's not forget Vector Sigma, the Key to Vector Sigma, and the Plasma Energy Chamber
Thefallenone
Protoform

Post by Thefallenone »

beast machines was aweful in a lot of ways-story seemed flat, and the CGI was darker:rant: