Masterpiece Rodimus version 2

Figures, collectables, customs and collecting.
The Reverend

Masterpiece Rodimus version 2

Post by The Reverend »

...is up for sale now.

MODERATOR EDIT:

Changes are as detailed here --

http://www.allspark.com/forums/index.ph ... 82523&st=0
Notabot

Post by Notabot »

Toys R Us finally has him on their website for $60, and he's actually available for the free store pickup option. (Most of the things I've looked at on their site aren't.)

Edit: Oops! The TRU one might not be the one you're talking about. But I stand by my statement of availability.
Paul053

Post by Paul053 »

Well, the TRU one IS the version 2 since it does not have the same issue.
The Reverend

Post by The Reverend »

No, Takaras version 2. Supposed to have fixed some of its issues.
Thunderwave
Protoform

Post by Thunderwave »

Notabot wrote:Toys R Us finally has him on their website for $60, and he's actually available for the free store pickup option. (Most of the things I've looked at on their site aren't.)

Edit: Oops! The TRU one might not be the one you're talking about. But I stand by my statement of availability.
That's because he's not in an assortment. Anything that comes in an assortment is unavailable for pick up in store. It's to make things easier on our end. No way could they guarantee that while you are ordering it online someone in the store is not buying the lone Wheeljack left in the store.
Castor235
Protoform

Post by Castor235 »

Ive been wondering. Just what issues were fixed? Is it he can actually hold his guns or something?
Life should be awsome everyday all of the time!
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

The Reverend wrote:No, Takaras version 2. Supposed to have fixed some of its issues.
And again I wonder if Takara are offering people the chance to trade in the first one, which is defective due to their poor engineering and production, for the second.
The Reverend

Post by The Reverend »

I don't know what's been fixed on it, I couldn't find any notes about that. But some of you are better connected with TF news than I am, so maybe it's out there.

I don't have Version 1. From what I recall you guys saying there was a big list of stuff wrong with that one - floppy shins, floppy chest, floppy backpack, can't hold guns, buzzsaw doesn't really spin. What else?
The Reverend

Post by The Reverend »

Cliffjumper wrote:And again I wonder if Takara are offering people the chance to trade in the first one, which is defective due to their poor engineering and production, for the second.
Not that I'm aware of, which kind of pisses me off even though I don't own the thing. The fact that they had to do a "2" to correct "1" seems to say enough...
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Mmm - Premiums and other "more accurate" recolours/retools and the like are bad enough, but you could at least argue that the improvements are subjective (e.g. Premium Barricade/Ironhide). But just fixing a problem and not offering some sort of refund is awful, and sets a nasty precedent - is it worth buying the first version when there might be a fixed second one coming along? But you have to buy the first one, because you don't know there will be a second one.
Notabot

Post by Notabot »

Thunderwave wrote:That's because he's not in an assortment. Anything that comes in an assortment is unavailable for pick up in store. It's to make things easier on our end. No way could they guarantee that while you are ordering it online someone in the store is not buying the lone Wheeljack left in the store.
Ahhh, that makes sense. I'll stop belittling the program now. At least out loud. :)
Knightdramon
Protoform

Post by Knightdramon »

Most of what was "broken" in the first version is fixed on the newer one. There's no indication on the box about any improvement though. It's like Movie 1 Concept Camaro Bee--later waves had a small tab on the thigh panels that became the rear fenders that allowed it to tab onto the back of the car more securely.

MP Rodimus Convoy ver 2.0 is like that, but on the ENTIRE FIGURE.

After handing the US version, there's seriously nothing of value on the first japanese run. The only thing that wasn't crap on mine was the right leg. Hands, loose as hell. Couldn't hold the guns. Left leg? Missing a tick on a ratchet joint, becoming misaligned in vehicle, leg panel broke off. Head? Damn visor kept dropping down. Spoiler? Stayed up but the panel couldn't lock.

Bleh. :down:
Few stuff in the UK to trade/sell. Measly sales thread.
The Reverend

Post by The Reverend »

yup, just got mine (I still had the money for the original I didn't spend). more on the toy section later.
Shrapnel Clone

Post by Shrapnel Clone »

Glad I saw this. Almost bought a version 1 from BBTS.
"I dunno about you, but whenever I get confused I always mutilate the person next to me."
-Cliffjumper