Random Attic Oddities (updated feb 10th)

Chat about stuff other than Transformers.
Zeeks

Random Attic Oddities (updated feb 10th)

Post by Zeeks »

SO, I'm basically going through all the toys in my attic (thank you Aerosmith) and taking pics just so I can catalogue what it is that I actually have. Here are a few random pics; comment away. :)]

Aquaman- Basically, the only reason I got into AM was due to Black Manta, who is my favorite DC Villain. But I liked AM too.

The remnants of the GoBot days...

Kiss Alive! Figures- I think I would habe prefered the Love Gun Era Costumes, but this was cool, too.

Muscle Men- Had a whole slew of these puppies back in the day, but I think I sold most of em off for like .25 a piece. This is all that is left over.

Various Robots- aside from the one in the box, I have no idea where any of these came from. Just random Gifts. The one on the far left is just like Vehicle Voltron- All the limbs and torso pieces come apart into smaller vehicles. The one on the far right disassembles into 3 smaller vehicles.

A Voltron reissue set from a few years ago.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
"...Working on a specimen the size of Angel is actually easier in many ways."
Mac scoffs. "Easier almost ate me a few days ago."-
Steve Alten, Meg: Hell's Aquarium
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Whoa, you still want the Godaikin? ;)

I think the fig on the left of that pic is (originally) from Diaclone :)
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Dairugger XV > Multiforce 12. By simple law of mathematics, if nothing else.
rattrap23

Post by rattrap23 »

Ha,what's with all the auquaman stuff.:)
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Grew up, mellowed out.
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Cliffjumper wrote:Whoa, you still want the Godaikin? ;)
If he is looking to sell, it looks as if the fists might fit Voltron/Dairugger...
Zeeks

Post by Zeeks »

rattrap23 wrote:Ha,what's with all the auquaman stuff.:)
When I *really* started getting into comics, I kind of wanted to find a character that I could claim as my own, my personal favorite. Not many people seem to like aquaman for some reason, whether it be the gay overtones or the "we allow you on our team but don't totally trust you" attitude that the rest of the JL seemed to have from time to time. He was (at the time of my introduction) an outsider in both worlds he occupied- the sea kingdom had basically abandoned him and no one land side really understood him. In many ways, I think the particular comic heroes (and villains) we tend to favor have qualities and characteristics that we either share or aspire to have. Thing is, when I get into something, I go full throttle, soaking up everything I can read, find, and buy about the character. For a time, it was Aquaman, then it moved to a rather green fellow from the Marvel U...but we won't get into that. Suffice to say, when I discovered AM, I took a particular unexpected fondness to Black Manta.
Cliffjumper wrote:Dairugger XV > Multiforce 12. By simple law of mathematics, if nothing else.
Penises, Man, Penises! Vehicle Voltron's head is a phallic symbol if I ever saw one! Multiforce whatever has two penis horns! By law of penises, Multiforce wins! :lol:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Ackula

Post by Ackula »

I used to have around 500 of those M.U.S.C.L.E. figures. I sold the whole collection to the owner of a M.U.S.C.L.E collectors website for a rather large sum of money around 4 years ago. There are some of those little figures that are worth a lot of cash believe it or not. And the fan base is shockingly large if you know where to look.

I regret it now because I was very passionate about them as they were a very fond childhood memory of mine, but I was going through a divorce and really needed money at the time.
Zeeks

Post by Zeeks »

...and the cataloging continues...

I believe these guys were called "air raiders" and worked on a sort of air pump system to fire missiles. They came with tiny figures that were sorta cool.

aside from the game, there were some dungeons and dragons toys back in the day...fortress of fangs was damn cool looking IMO. I especially like that lion headed dragon to the right. The rest of the dragons are just random reptiles found throughout the many boxes in the attic.

Later incarnations of Joe. I'm guessing late 90's to early 2000's.

M.A.S.K. stuff- totally can't find any of the figures- I think that they may have been traded or sold off at some point.

Regular 80's nostalgia- I really liked the Gremlins, and Dad had a fascination with westerns, so he would occasionally pick up a cowboy.

Random transforming robots, part deuce: I have no idea where most of these came from, but I can clearly see now that these were knockoffs of many GoBot molds. And yes, that is some sort of vehicle voltron in the lower half- an oddity to be sure- it is mostly rubber/plastic with no discernable detail.

More random stuff- only thing I really recognize are the Robotech figures- I remember liking the Invid Shock trooper a lot. The rest are Sectaurs, Robot Dinosaurs that were windups and actually moved, and those two bizarre vehicles in the front are totally foreign to me- if anyone has an idea what they are, let me know.

Lastly, Robotech Gestaults of sorts- I'm surprised I still had them in packaging. You can make all sorts of different configurations between sets.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Dinobot

Post by Dinobot »

Wow, I want those Robolinks so much!
"Tell my tale to those who ask. Tell it truly - the ill deeds, along with the good - and let me be judged accordingly. The rest... is silence."
Dinobot - Code Of Hero
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

It's surprising how many of those moulds look familiar, considering we grew up in different countries...

And look, another Dozer KO!
Ackula

Post by Ackula »

OMFG! I found a big bag of Robolinks in my wife's attic a few weeks ago and was asking Cliffy to ID them...well now I know. And Dinobot if you're interested in them send me a PM, I have pics.
Zeeks

Post by Zeeks »

Catholic Guilt- a very hard thing to get rid of, but I feel I must say this...

I hope no one here thinks that I'm trying to be a show off or anything- honestly, I think that my main reason for posting these pics is to share my childhood with each and everyone of you. Regardless of the sarcastic comments people make in regards to my "welcoming n00bs to the fam", I do indeed think of this place as my online family. We quibble, share, and grow like brothers and sisters. Some we get along better with than others. Then there's Myles, whose in a catagory all by himself. :P

Also, I love to stir conversation- tell me some stories you had about some of this stuff when you were growing up in the 80's.

And if anyone can identify those two vehicle type things sitting right in front of the Invid Shock Trooper, please, PLEASE let me know what they are. It's driving me nuts. :lol:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
rattrap23

Post by rattrap23 »

Hay ,
its Gizmo.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Grew up, mellowed out.
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Zeeks wrote:I think that my main reason for posting these pics is to share my childhood with each and everyone of you.
**** that, give me the Godaikin, bitch!

And, yep, as well as a few Gobots KOs, like everyone else you've totally unwittingly built up a decent-sized Convertors collection. I also see Zybots and Mototron (everyone had these, with the motor that unclipped and acted as a stabiliser for the robot mode... oddly, no-one ever seemed to have the same ones...).

That does look like a boot of Voltron... from memory, the official rubber version was fairly well detailed for something of that size, only really losing out compared to the diecast in terms of paint apps. But then that was years ago...
Halfshell

Post by Halfshell »

Ackula wrote:I used to have around 500 of those M.U.S.C.L.E. figures. I sold the whole collection to the owner of a M.U.S.C.L.E collectors website for a rather large sum of money around 4 years ago. There are some of those little figures that are worth a lot of cash believe it or not. And the fan base is shockingly large if you know where to look.
Worth knowing.

I've got some somewhere... though I've a feeling the ones that aren't battered have had "realistic detailing" added with a shiny marker pen...
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Heh. I'm pretty sure I threw mine or gave 'em to someone.

Seems odd to collect something a) that unprepossessing and b) without associated fiction.
Zeeks

Post by Zeeks »

ok, this should be the last for a while...

these are just random figures I had in a case. Some are recognizalbe, others I have no idea where they came from or how they ended up in my attic..

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
rattrap23

Post by rattrap23 »

Heck you’ve even got a power ranger.

and indianna jones!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Grew up, mellowed out.
Hawkeye
Protoform

Post by Hawkeye »

aquaman rules, he just gets a bad rap due to superfriends and such.

he can withstand the pressure on the bottom of the sea and has psychic powers. dude is vastly overrated.
Image . "Hawkeye's the best! Hawkeye's got the cutest eyes! Hawkeye's got some kinda butt! I swear, Ralph, ever since that blowhard joined up, all I hear is Hawkeye, Hawkeye, Hawk...."- Green Arrow, JLA/Avengers #3.
*sig (once again) generously made by Denyer*