New test shots - Titanium, Classics

Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
Tetsuro
Protoform
Custom Title: Poe Dameron did nothing wrong

Post by Tetsuro »

Ultra Magnus comes with Skywarp, you mean?
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Yeah, it's a twin-pack.
Tetsuro
Protoform

Post by Tetsuro »

...Ultra Magnus and Skywarp are twins?

The plot thickens!
ColdBain
Protoform

Post by ColdBain »

6" Starscream is looking pretty good, excellent paint job there. I'm a wee bit disappointed in the Robot mode of the RiD Optimus, seems a little bland in that picture (maybe it's another case of seeing it in the flesh before one decides). Ultra Magnus really seems to suit the Classics Optimus Prime mould, the white is really bitching! Can't wait till the 'Vs Pack' with Skywarp comes out. Ramjet, of course, is also looking great. I'm pretty sure though that earlier pictures of Ramjet had more red on his front in Robot mode, but maybe I was dreamig. Looking good!
Nevermore

Post by Nevermore »

Originally posted by Tetsuro
Ultra Magnus comes with Skywarp, you mean?

Whoops. Posted that in a hurry earlier this morning. :glance:
Looking for a complete Energon Sky Shadow (from Superion Maximus).
Offering: Binaltech Hound, Swindle, Ravage (Corvette), Skids.
Can buy in stores: Robot Heroes Tigatron/Inferno, Ricochet/Predaking.
Rhodes
Protoform

Post by Rhodes »

...Ultra Magnus and Skywarp are twins?

The plot thickens!

ehehehehehehehe :D :laugh:
Me Grimlock Kick But...
inflatable dalek

Post by inflatable dalek »

Ramjet pwns Starscream.
REVIISITATION: THE HOLE TRUTH
STARSCREAM GOES TO PIECES IN MY LOOK AT INFILTRATION #6!
PLUS: BUY THE BOOKS!
Springer007

Post by Springer007 »

quick question, which line is it that is coming out with the cartoon version of Ultra Magnus that we all saw a pic of, was it Titanium or Classics? The thing is gargantuan apparently and I am curious because my nephew asked me about that the other day when that toy is coming out.
"Fear denies faith. And for the Immortal Emperor!"

-Space Marines
Tetsuro
Protoform

Post by Tetsuro »

If you mean the G1 UM, that's Titanium. And no, we have no idea of when that one comes out as of yet. And no, it's not gargantuan, at least height-wise; it's six inches tall just like other Titaniums.

And nephew? :wtf:
Springer007

Post by Springer007 »

If you mean the G1 UM, that's Titanium. And no, we have no idea of when that one comes out as of yet. And no, it's not gargantuan, at least height-wise; it's six inches tall just like other Titaniums.

And nephew? :wtf:

he saw a picture of it on my computer and wanted it when he saw it. only eight years old, but knows quality when he sees it since he sees my reissue Ultra Magnus on a shelf on display. I could have been fooled from the picture because of this: the picture of it shows it is a bulky looking figure. I assumed that it might be bigger height wise to transformer into a car carrier. I don't think I have a picture of it transformed into alternate mode, but if someone does I would appreciate it being sent through a pm. Thanks and cheers :)

-Space Marines
Brimstone
Protoform

Post by Brimstone »

Originally posted by Springer007
only eight years old, but knows quality when he sees it since he sees my reissue Ultra Magnus on a shelf on display.
I apparently don't know quality when I see it because I've been wrong about every single Titanium so far (except for Megatron, I thought that was gonna suck, and it did in fact suck)

I thought Prime was gonna rock, but it was poorly made and not nearly as detailed as I'd hoped.

I didn't have much hope for Thundercracker or Jetfire, but they looked pretty slick in person, and sure enough...everything I hated about prime was fixed on these two. It was very nice. These two figures are excellent.

Then there's Scourge and Optimal Optimus. Scourge was incredible...just the coolest looking figure I'd seen in a while. And really gave the original Scourge toy a run for its money (the original Scourge was my favorite transformer as a kid). Optimal Optimus...I've never been a fan of the figure, but after Season 3 Beast Wars and the end of Beast Machines on DVD (finally) the design really started to grow on me. But I thought the Titanium figure looked retarded...pictures of it, that is. But again I was fooled. Sourge was back to a loose piece of crap like Prime was and Optimal Optimus is by far the most solid 6" Titanium so far. It is currently my favorite of the series.

So, the interesting thing is...what happens with this next batch? Given that I like Thundercracker so much, Starscream will probably be pretty good...but it's a repaint, so who cares. What I'm really looking forward to is Rodimus Prime and Ultra Magnus. Rodimus because it looks slick as hell and is the first good figure of him (in his G1 design, that is...Energon Rodimus, Cybertron Excellion, and Classics Hot Rodimus are all really cool, too). And Ultra Magnus because...well...I just like that character. But I don't remember how the figure looks, so I'm not sure what I think of that one just yet. This is the first I've seen of RiD Optimus Prime. Not sure what I think yet. I was never that big a fan of this particular design myself. And Soundwave...well, I think I'd prefer the TRU rerelease. But, they could both surprise me, as this whole line has so far. :)
-Tobin Melroy
aka Arek Brimstone

"Can't wait for election day,
Wouldn't miss the occupation corporations rule the day." - Pearl Jam, "Undone"
Kamille
Protoform

Post by Kamille »

I must have Ramjet!:mad:
Springer007

Post by Springer007 »

i love rodimus prime too, they fixed all the major problems of the old toy in every single way. i always wondered to myself how his legs would be, but sure enough they are part of the futuristic truck cab! and they, from what i could tell, improve the original magnus design instead of it being a repaint of optimus lol. i bought the little guy Jetfire and i was impressed by him. now to go further with what i mean by quality, they are mainly metal and they are pretty easy to turn into alt mode, even he (who has to have his dad, my brother transform them for the kid) could transform them easily lol. i guess that is what i was saying. i do think scourge is promising too they fixed everything abotu the old toy, but hell even the old toy rocked!

-Space Marines
another tf fan

Post by another tf fan »

Originally posted by Brimstone
... Scourge was back to a loose piece of crap like Prime ..

I gotta disagree with that. Scourge is tight and well detailed.
Of all the titaniums he is the only one so far that doesn't have pieces come off when you take him out of the box.
Come on and wind me up.
Tetsuro
Protoform

Post by Tetsuro »

Originally posted by another tf fan
I gotta disagree with that. Scourge is tight and well detailed.
Of all the titaniums he is the only one so far that doesn't have pieces come off when you take him out of the box.
If he was loose, people wouldn't be able to pose him into a kung fu kick like I've seen them do...
Brimstone
Protoform

Post by Brimstone »

Well then, mine is loose.

His legs are tight, but if I do anythings with his arms other than have them hang straight down, both elbows bend backwards so that the forearms and fists are poited straight down. There is no hold in his elbows...they swing so much, they act like he's got lubricated berrings for elbows.

That makes me sad if Scourge is actually a good Titanium, and it's just mine that's crap. :(
-Tobin Melroy
aka Arek Brimstone

"Can't wait for election day,
Wouldn't miss the occupation corporations rule the day." - Pearl Jam, "Undone"
Sharky
Protoform

Post by Sharky »

Ramjet looks like a nice bit of remolding. And also the remolding seems to have (incidentally or otherwise) done way with the poseability issues of Starscreams arms. That one looks like a buyer
Clogs

Post by Clogs »

Screamer and Ramjet. Ooooooh! :cool:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
numbat

Post by numbat »

Ramjet looks great in every picture I've seen so far. I love the way the mold has been adapted. (And by its nature, articulation is likely to be improved from the standard Seeker...)

I totally love the Classics UM, and he would be the first white Prime (with no armour) version I own even if he wasn't coming with Skywarp - who is essential, let's face it. ;) UM's colours just seem to suit the mold far better than Prime.

A bit disapointed by the Titanium RID Prime, though. He just doesn't look as great as other Titanium treatments, which is a pitty as he is by far one of my fave Primes. Think I'll be sticking to the original version, unless he does turn out to look much better in real life, or has an unimaginably fun transformation.

Both Classics and Titaniums continue to rock more than suck though! Yay for Hasbro!

:)