Corey Burton to voice Megatron in "Heroes" [new cartoon]

Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
Civ

Corey Burton to voice Megatron in "Heroes" [new cartoon]

Post by Civ »

http://www.mkbmemorial.com/FWHp/fwhp_Q-and-A.html
Originally posted by Frank Welker
In additional "Transformer" news, Corey Burton will be doing the voice of Megatron in Cartoon Networks new series
Credit to TFW2005's Spartan Prime for the news.

Corey Burton has done quite a bit including G1 Shockwave in the original cartoon. Click on the imdb profile link for more info about him.

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0123553/
LKW
Protoform

Post by LKW »

Oh, him? Huh. Well, good for him; though, while his Shockwave voice was very memorable, if he uses it here, that could be just... confusing. And Frank's announcing this? Huh.

Btw, are we sure it's just a coincidence that the cartoon and the kiddie figures share the same name?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Civ

Post by Civ »

As far as I know, "Heroes" is the current working title for the cartoon. It could be something different at the end, probably that "Transformers: Animated" title mentioned.

On another note, Corey Burton also played Brainiac in Justic League: Unlimited. Personally, I thought his Brainiac voice and Shockwave voice were sufficiently different where I couldn't peg who the voice actor was right away.
Grandmaster Shockwaeve
Protoform

Post by Grandmaster Shockwaeve »

Originally posted by Civ:
On another note, Corey Burton also played Brainiac in Justic League: Unlimited. Personally, I thought his Brainiac voice and Shockwave voice were sufficiently different where I couldn't peg who the voice actor was right away.

Not to mention Spike... that was pretty different from Shockwave (especially young Spike).
Hang on to your ego.
dotCommunism
Protoform

Post by dotCommunism »

Originally posted by Civ
As far as I know, "Heroes" is the current working title for the cartoon. It could be something different at the end, probably that "Transformers: Animated" title mentioned.
Actually i think "Transformers: Animated" is the current working title. Heroes is an old working title
ColdBain
Protoform

Post by ColdBain »

What an interesting choice for a Megatron. It might actually be a completely new spin on the character. Well, it WOULD BE good if it was a completely new spin on the character. I'm hoping that the Optimus Primal fella isn't cast as the voice of Optimus again. As much as he was suited to the 'Primal voice' (he just sounds like a big huggable bear!) I always found his Prime voice a little... 'why-don't-we-just-have-a-nice-big-BBQ-out-back-and-drink-some-root-beer'... for my liking.
"At times like these, we've got to spell racecar backwards."
Sociopathic Autobot

Post by Sociopathic Autobot »

:( hez suppozd 2 b a gud guy!
Originally posted by Grandmaster Shockwaeve
Not to mention Spike... that was pretty different from Shockwave (especially young Spike).

Brawn was nothing like those two, and Sunstreaker was also a world apart.
SAGE GOES IN ALL FIELDS
Bluecatcinema
Protoform

Post by Bluecatcinema »

I've got no problem with that. Corey's done a helluva lot of voice acting in his day, and most of it's been pretty good.
another tf fan

Post by another tf fan »

Originally posted by ColdBain
What an interesting choice for a Megatron. It might actually be a completely new spin on the character. Well, it WOULD BE good if it was a completely new spin on the character. I'm hoping that the Optimus Primal fella isn't cast as the voice of Optimus again. As much as he was suited to the 'Primal voice' (he just sounds like a big huggable bear!) I always found his Prime voice a little... 'why-don't-we-just-have-a-nice-big-BBQ-out-back-and-drink-some-root-beer'... for my liking.

Prime's voice has been anounced, it will be David Kaye.
Come on and wind me up.
dsh243
Protoform

new show

Post by dsh243 »

I am a little behind on this, when is this new show suppose to come out and what network might carry it, and is there a website to read about this?
mongoosehuman
Protoform

Post by mongoosehuman »

Originally posted by another tf fan

So Optimus is voiced by David Kaye, and Megatron is voiced by Corey Burton. Is Shockwave voiced by Peter Cullen?
Civ

Post by Civ »

Edit: Nevermind...DrSpengler already posted about it. Yes, I'm blind as a bat. Damn. :glance:

Move along. Nothing to see here.
Brimstone
Protoform

Post by Brimstone »

Originally posted by another tf fan
Interesting.

I think, in an interview on one of the Beast Wars DVDs (or maybe one of the G1 sets), I seem to recall David Kaye saying he actually wanted the Optimus gig. I'm interested in seeing how he does.
-Tobin Melroy
aka Arek Brimstone

"Can't wait for election day,
Wouldn't miss the occupation corporations rule the day." - Pearl Jam, "Undone"