Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street

Chat about stuff other than Transformers.
angloconvoy

Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street

Post by angloconvoy »

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0408236/trailers-me60746838

Ok, its another Tim Burton directing his favourites, but its based on a musical I saw a few years ago that was really cool (look, **** you, I love musicals and I'm neither gay nor ashamed). So anyway, my curiousity is way more peaked than an other project that bunch have done in years. its worth mentioning that in the musical the cast not only acted and sang, but played all of their own instruments, without that, I think the production may have lost a lot of its charm.
secretcode

Post by secretcode »

I saw the preview on Myspace where Johnny Depp sang and stuff, and damn... I think this movie might take the throne as my favorite film musical (Current King is the Phantom of the Opera.)

As for shame. Don't be. Musicals are awesome... unless it's Cats. Damn Furries.
Latest Hauls: Supertrain Megazord, RID Galvatron, Nightwatch Prime
TF Total: 173 ---- Non-TF: 32
angloconvoy

Post by angloconvoy »

Oh yeah, don't get me wrong, when I said I like musicals, I didn't mean Cats, its ****ing terrible.
Clogs

Post by Clogs »

The makeup suggests a stage show, I must say, and is distinctly Tim Burton with respect to the subject, the style and the use of sepia tones. Not for me though; it's just another rehash of the urban myth.

Might have given it a go if it had been TimB animation.

(I like musicals - could probably sing the complete 'Joseph etc', but that'd be because I'm a Leicester lass. I do like Cats, especially with regard to the way the poems were put to music and danced out.)
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
angloconvoy

Post by angloconvoy »

The subject is what it is, the makeup is all burton, the stage version wasn't anywhere near as pronounced. And as for being "just another rehash" it was honestly the most engaging take on the myth I've encountered. That said, I really can't vouch for how the film will hold up.