Help please guys

Chat about stuff other than Transformers.
Sixshot

Help please guys

Post by Sixshot »

Hi all, :wave:

Hope you are well. Still visit every so often to check you are alive, I just don't have a lot to say about Transformers or life in general. But I did very much enjoy watching an episode of badly dubbed Headmasters the other day. Did you know I called my dog "Meelo" after Galvatron's evil meteor? I digress.

Pleeeeease can you help me, as many of you as possible, even if you really don't care. Firstly by not moving this to Sports, because we all know that place is dead. And secondly, by signing the below petition:

http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/no-p ... at-pompey/

In a nutshell;

I am a big football (soccer for USAers) fan and my beloved club, Portsmouth (Pompey), one of the oldest and most decorated clubs in English football ;), is currently being raped to death by a fairly ruthless chap who seems determined to ruin the club completely and ultimately turn our stadium into a Supermarket. Now under previous ownership, we overspent, the owner at the time had some big ideas about property development but in the 2008 crash his funding was withdrawn and as the club was running on borrowed money, things went downhill very quickly. Fair enough. However, the guy who has got his hands on the club since that point is determined to milk it for all it's worth, and after 2 administations in the past couple of years, a lot of local businesses and charities have gone unpaid as his generous "loan" to the club gets priority as a secured charge. Fans have done what they can in the way of fundraising to pay the charities back, but meanwhile we don't even have enough money to put a team out on the pitch.

I know this will be irrelevant to many of you, but if you could take the time to sign this petition against us being sold back to the same guy who has been involved in our previous 2 administrations, I would very much appreciate it. Nothing may come of it but we are out of options and need a bit of media coverage if possible.

Thank you for your time.

He was in a boy band!
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Hey.

What's the plan other than petitions? Got a bit of background from this but is community support viable, versus the traditional finding a rich foreigner who wants to be able to say they own a club?

edit: Hate to say it, but this petition's of less worth even than most online ones... it doesn't appear to verify signatures to a contact address.
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Hate to say it but I don't have a lot of sympathy for Portsmouth - following up the first administration by getting in a fresh punch of PL-wage ringers (Lawrence, Kitson) was moronic. I don't see the need to save the current incarnation, which is too troubled and, lest we forget, ****ed local creditors in the arse for 90-odd pence in the pound while playing massive wages to mediocre players.

Set up AFC Portsmouth and be done with it. If Wimbledon did it with their fanbase it should be easy for Pompey.
Sixshot

Post by Sixshot »

In the case of People of Portsmouth vs Evil ****, the People won! Yay! I now own a share in my club :)

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2013 ... -ownership

It's actually a bit more complex than "ooo naughty, you spent too much". There've been some proper international gangstas involved, and I think a lot of the high wages on shit players (mostly post Premiership, apart from perhaps Ben Haim) have been down to people pocketing money from agents etc and then buggering off, or perhaps with signed with a view to forcing the club into admin again and thus getting control of the ground. The fans certainly haven't benefitted. Or most of the normal staff.

Anyway, feels like the nightmare is finally coming to an end and we have League 2 to look forward to next season :clap:

I doubt any one cares much but community ownership of such a "big" club is a tad revolutionary and if we can make it a success then hopefully others will follow.

He was in a boy band!
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Cool beans.
Cyberstrike nTo
Protoform

Post by Cyberstrike nTo »

I hope you and your team both do well. :up:
Please visit Outlaw Colony my new message board it's a fun site for fun people.