Movie Premiums

Figures, collectables, customs and collecting.
Clay

Movie Premiums

Post by Clay »

Anybody else buying these?

I've picked up a couple that I thought were improvements (Jazz and Ironhide), and skipped the others because I preferred the originals (Bumblebee and Barricade). For the most part, the Premiums I've bought so far are of toys I passed on previously.

Found a Megatron on ebay for retail price plus shipping, and it came today. The other Premiums are basically 'touch-ups' from what I can tell: a few minor paint details here and there that Hasbro can afford now that they know the toys will sell well enough to make up for the extra cost. Megatron, however, is more of a complete do-over.

So, does anyone else think Hasbro will simply put the extra details on the first issues of Movie 2 toys? They've got to know that at least the cast toys will sell out.
Attachments
megertronzorz.JPG
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Clay wrote:does anyone else think Hasbro will simply put the extra details on the first issues of Movie 2 toys?
And they'll be trotter-delivered to your door by the Porcine Aviation Corps.

Nah, I think they'll milk it, or otherwise hold some decent stuff in reserve for later waves.
Clay

Post by Clay »

Denyer wrote:Nah, I think they'll milk it, or otherwise hold some decent stuff in reserve for later waves.
Possibly. I think with this line, though, they honestly didn't know what the reaction to the movie would be. If it were a complete and utter dud, their losses would have been all the greater if they had spent a few tens of thousands of dollars more on paint for turn signals.

With the second movie, they may just decide to make the first issues as spiffy as they please and ship them in absurd quantities since they can anticipate that they'll probably sell well.

I'll probably wait it out again, though.
burnitall
Protoform

Post by burnitall »

I think they'll just do the same thing for the movie 2 line and make what they make and then put out premium versions later to get your money.

*edit* I see Denyer already said about the same thing. oops.
RID Scourge

Post by RID Scourge »

I ended up getting the first release of the entire cast so I won't be picking up any premiums.* However I'm glad that they did this since it gives kids an opportunity to pick up a few more characters.

*May sell off a few if I can get my act together.
Nevermore

Post by Nevermore »

Hasbro stated at BotCon that the movie 2 characters will all get new molds. So Hasbro can apply the learning curve from the first movie's toyline and fix all the problems with the initial molds.
Looking for a complete Energon Sky Shadow (from Superion Maximus).
Offering: Binaltech Hound, Swindle, Ravage (Corvette), Skids.
Can buy in stores: Robot Heroes Tigatron/Inferno, Ricochet/Predaking.
Treadshot A1

Post by Treadshot A1 »

From what i've seen of hasbro TF's i think that's highly unlikely, that they would actually use past experience to work the bugs out of new molds. But that's just my two cents.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
dotCommunism
Protoform

Post by dotCommunism »

Treadshot A1 wrote:From what i've seen of hasbro TF's i think that's highly unlikely, that they would actually use past experience to work the bugs out of new molds. But that's just my two cents.
Just out of curiosity what have you seen from Hasbro that would lead you to believe this? I don't recall any fundamental flaws in any of their recent molds, or even any significant issues (aside from maybe automorph on some of the molds)
another tf fan

Post by another tf fan »

I have purchased several Premiums. Partly out of Transformer withdrawls. (I am giddy with excitement for the Animated toys) And partly because some of the decos are truly better than the original.

I have bought Premium Megs (WAY BETTER COLORS), Premium Prime (Had a gift card burning in my pocket, - Do like the sword, don't like the head), Premium Jazz (Looks about a thousand times better the the first deco) and Premium Barricade (first deco was way nicer, premium's painted windows suck)

I'd like to get premium Bumblebee and Deep Space Starscream.
Come on and wind me up.
Treadshot A1

Post by Treadshot A1 »

dotCommunism wrote:(aside from maybe automorph on some of the molds)
Exactly. You got it on your first guess! :lol:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
another tf fan

Post by another tf fan »

just got premium Ironhide (wasn't looking for it, but saw it and couldn't resist.)

What a better deco....thats how he shoulda looked in the first place.
Come on and wind me up.
Notabot

Post by Notabot »

Oddly enough, I just saw Premium Ironhide in the store for the first time and thought the exact opposite. I was glad I got the original. I thought the silver paint apps were garish and over the top.
It's a good thing they released both, so now we can both be happy! :)
secretcode

Post by secretcode »

Looking at my Prem. Ironhide, the only silver I see is the unnecassary Autobot Logo.
Latest Hauls: Supertrain Megazord, RID Galvatron, Nightwatch Prime
TF Total: 173 ---- Non-TF: 32
Clay

Post by Clay »

Clay wrote:and skipped the others because I preferred the originals (Bumblebee and Barricade).
I am so full of shit. I found many Deluxe and Voyager Premiums while out and running errands today, and couldn't resist picking up Bumblebee (since I couldn't find the "Stealth" version with the new head) and Barricade (because the car looks so pretty!).

Will probably keep them in their car modes next to their original counterparts :glance:
Notabot

Post by Notabot »

We're knee-deep in Stealth BBs at my local Target, and only $7 to boot! At least, I was knee-deep when I was there a couple days ago. Then they asked me to leave. :( If you want me to pick one up for you, I'll put on the fake mustache and sport an outrageous accent for you.
Clay

Post by Clay »

Notabot wrote:We're knee-deep in Stealth BBs at my local Target, and only $7 to boot! At least, I was knee-deep when I was there a couple days ago. Then they asked me to leave. :( If you want me to pick one up for you, I'll put on the fake mustache and sport an outrageous accent for you.
Possibly. Let me pay bills first.
RID Scourge

Post by RID Scourge »

If I liked the mold I'd probably be a bit miffed that I never found Stealth BB. I prefer the '74 Camaro version. Maybe if I ever get around to selling off a huge chunk of my collection I might go huntin' for him, but only if I get rid of the two versions of that mold I all ready have.
Skidmark

Post by Skidmark »

The premiums interest me a little bit but I prefer not buying the same mold twice.
Notabot wrote:Then they asked me to leave. :(
Why would they wanna kick you out for apparent reason?Unless they're suspicous of you being a scalper.Not that I'm calling you one:angel:,but i've seen people carrying 10 of the same toy getting booted out of Target and various places.
"Some people are like slinkies, not really good for anything, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs."

Movies I've seen recently:
Red
Johnny Got His Gun
A Clockwork Orange
Fight Club
Toy Story 3
Zombieland
Tenacious D The Pick of destiny
Watchmen
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

FAIL
Jaynz
Custom Title: RIP - see pixelsagas.com

Post by Jaynz »

Clay wrote:Possibly. Let me pay bills first.
Come to the Wal*Marts near me, they've got so many Movie figures that the shelves will be stuffed until the third movie hits the Blu Ray format. (And a 'spillover endcap, which is why we didn't get the Indiana Jones encap at most the local stores like we were supposed to.)