NFL 09 ... Let's get Busy...

Chat about stuff other than Transformers.
another tf fan

NFL 09 ... Let's get Busy...

Post by another tf fan »

Wanted to start the 2009 NFL thread.

Lots of offseason shuffling has made this season a bit hard to predict.

Lets get the discussion going with our Wild-Ass-Guesses on division winners:

My picks:

AFC North: I'm going with the Steelers (uhg..) again. They are a team that knows how to work together, a great coach and Hines ward is as good as any reciever has ever been. ( Hurts to say that)

AFC East: The Patriots as well. They are showing cracks but I see no one else in the division anywhere close to the.

AFC South: I'm going with the Jaguars. They're due.

AFC West: Cleaned up by the Chargers. The other teams don't have a chance.

NFC North: Adrian Petersen, (Brett Farve...) yeah the Vikings are out for blood. The Packers will be tough, but Peterson is so good, no team can stop him.

NFC East: I think the Eagles are going to get one last shot to take the division before McNabb hangs it up.

NFC South: I think the Falcons and the Panthers duke it out for this division, with the edge going to Atlanta.

NFC West: As much as I want to say Seattle (and they will be much improved over last season's performance) I still like Arizona. San Francisco will be tough too, but look for them and the Rams to still be rebuilding. If Fitzgerald stays healthy he will lead the Cardinals to another division Title.

There you have it. What are your opinions. Get your guesses in before the season starts so we can see at the end who came the closest.
Come on and wind me up.
Patapsco

Post by Patapsco »

Detroit won't win a a game until October at the earliest. And if I could go back in time and tell my ten year old self whether or not to support the Lions... I'd probably tell him to do so, but to prepare for unending years of misery, depression, anger and embarrassment.
another tf fan

Post by another tf fan »

Whatever, Stafford WILL RESURECT THE LIONS!!!!111!!!!

:lol:
Come on and wind me up.
LKW
Protoform

Post by LKW »

Yes, (NFL) football is here! Technically, I missed the start of the season already – Tennessee looked pretty tough in defeat Thurs – but, my start-of-season predictions:

Briefly on my Denver Broncos: yes, we are weaker at QB – at least from a physical standpoint; I think our current QBs are better above the shoulders, though. With a great offensive line, deep WR corps, and strong RBs, coupled with a bolstered secondary and much more aggressive defensive scheme, and what looks like a much improved special teams unit, I do think they can win the mediocre AFC West. Of course, I am inevitably biased for my team; but I’ve also examined it more closely than most and, if the players do grok the schemes well enough early enough, I can see ten wins in their schedule. On the other hand, winning only six wouldn’t shock me, either. But the experts seem to have forgotten that the San Diego Chargers were only 8-8 last year, needed a Bronco loss at home to the Bills to make the playoffs, and had the 31st pass defense in the league. They have a similarly rough schedule to Denver’s, and haven’t done the amount of re-tooling which the Broncos have. So, while it could go either way, I still give Denver a good chance at winning their division.

Hmm.. guess that wasn’t that brief. So, really short with the rest: Arizona; Philidelphia, with the Giants as a wild card; New Orleans just outpacing Atlanta and Carolina in the South; Adrian Peterson and the Vikings defense, and also Favre, getting Minnesota through in a more competitive NFC North. Maybe Chicago as the other wild card, with Atlanta, Carolina, and Green Bay in the running (maybe Dallas).

AFC: New England probably will win the East, though I don’t expect them to repeat their ’07 dominance, Brady or no; last year’s division champ Miami as a likely wild card, and in fact may give the Pats a run for the division. Pittsburgh in the North, with the Ravens a wild card contender. I think Tennessee takes the South, and that the Houston Texans may get their first playoff berth; Indianapolis has a lot of changes, and Peyton Manning hates change. They still could make a run at the wild card, and the Bills may have a chance. Once again, the West may be weak enough, and with a tough enough schedule, that the runner-up won’t have a good enough record to contend for a wild card.

But, at this point, with this league, who really knows, right? One of the things which makes the NFL so exciting. Let’s go, kickoff!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
blastoff
Protoform

Post by blastoff »

I'm tired of the Rush thing
lets get to football
You've got the wrong bunch
another tf fan

Post by another tf fan »

Stupid Seahawks underperforming.

I gotta say New Orleans surprised me .
Come on and wind me up.
Paul053

Post by Paul053 »

Go Vikings!

Darn Giants screwed up my pick again.
redman prime

Post by redman prime »

HI!

So it's been a while.

I'm really excited that my team, the STL Lambs, are on a 6-38 stretch dating back to the start of the '07 season... 1-22 in their last 23.

Another blacked out game here in St. Louis, the 3rd this year.

ANYWHO, we have the inside track on the number one pick, and I'm openly pining for the Nebraska lineman, Ndamakung Suh.

so..

How are things?

and it pisses me off that both the undefeated teams are on NFL network this weekend, as I can't get satellitte in the complex we are in,.,, dammit

OK. well, good to pop in and say hi.
:wave:
life is great. then you die and leave everything to your wife.
another tf fan

Post by another tf fan »

Yeah the rams are the only bright spot for the Seahawks.
Come on and wind me up.
another tf fan

Post by another tf fan »

Uhg... the Seahawks blow...
Come on and wind me up.
Chip1123
Protoform

Post by Chip1123 »

My Colts play this coming weekend. Let's hope they beat the Ravens again!
No Reserves, No Retreats, and No Regrets!!!