Questions about TF:Genesis, TF:Generations and Alvarez's unofficial guide

Figures, collectables, customs and collecting.
Loki
Protoform

Questions about TF:Genesis, TF:Generations and Alvarez's unofficial guide

Post by Loki »

Hi, bunch of quick ones.

TF:Genesis (published by 88mph studios) was originally supposed to have been about G1 box art. Anyone know why that didn't happen? Also anyone know of a decent site containing G1 box art?

J.E. Alvarez's Unofficial Guide to TF's 80's - 90's is in 2nd Print. Anyone know what the differences are?

I finally got a copy of TF:Generations (deluxe - Japanese text). Gorgeous book. On page 038 is God Ginrai and an add on. The best way to describe him is Grant Mitchell to GodBomber's Phil. For any non UK residents, he was a much stockier version of Godbomber. Vehicle mode seems to be identical but robot mode is different. Does anyone know who this guy is?

Ta.
Cliffjumper

Re: Questions about TF:Genesis, TF:Generations and Alvarez's unofficial guide

Post by Cliffjumper »

Box-Art - http://www.botchthecrab.com/archive/
Originally posted by Loki
I finally got a copy of TF:Generations (deluxe - Japanese text). Gorgeous book. On page 038 is God Ginrai and an add on. The best way to describe him is Grant Mitchell to GodBomber's Phil. For any non UK residents, he was a much stockier version of Godbomber. Vehicle mode seems to be identical but robot mode is different. Does anyone know who this guy is?

Right in the bottom left? Looks like a prototype, maybe? Or is it the Junior version? Looks too detailed for that, but I could be wrong...
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Originally posted by Loki
Anyone know why that didn't happen?
Poor organisation. I think some of the contributors are still unpaid. Have a read around on a.t.t. and you'll probably pick up some more details.

edit:

Er, that's alt.toys.transformers (Google have a newsgroups frontend you can use for reading and posting.) If you haven't heard of Botch, you might not have found that yet either...

re: Generations, if you can post an image crop you'll get more responses. Relatively few people have the book, and the scans in circulation are of the original print.
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

My good deed for the day: -

The more I look at it, the more I think it's the Jr - something about the wheels on the God Ginrai. Hopefully either Torsten or Spengs will swing by in a bit :)
Darth Shrapnel
Protoform

Post by Darth Shrapnel »

But didn`t all the Jrs look just like their counterparts, just smaller? My guess is that he was just a God Bomber prototype that was changed before production, since, IIRC, that page also had some more "stuff that didn`t make it/ stuff that had last minute changes" on it.
"Im drowning in footwear!"
Loki
Protoform

Post by Loki »

Cheers guys (especially Cliffy for posting the scan). One day I'll learn to read Japanese and it'll all become clear.
inflatable dalek

Post by inflatable dalek »

There's a great design scetch at the back showing PM Prime/Ginrai as a headmaster. I'm suprised they didn't go ahead with it considering you have to take the head off anyway...
REVIISITATION: THE HOLE TRUTH
STARSCREAM GOES TO PIECES IN MY LOOK AT INFILTRATION #6!
PLUS: BUY THE BOOKS!
Halfshell

Post by Halfshell »

It's an early prototype of Godbomber.

Wooha. Wooha. I'm clever, everybody look at me.

Or not.

But yeah, it's a prototype job.