Guess what book I'm currently reading! [+interlude]

Chat about stuff other than Transformers.
Cliffjumper

Guess what book I'm currently reading!

Post by Cliffjumper »

Winner gets my Transformers collection.
Cliffjumper

I'm going for a smoke and to call Zara...

Post by Cliffjumper »

I'll be back in a bit though!
Zombie Dave
Protoform

Post by Zombie Dave »

Object relations in psychoanalytic theory?
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Remind her that having sex with polar bears usually ends in disaster! :)

[/Duke]
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

"How To Win Friends And Influence People"?
LordSixshot
Protoform

Post by LordSixshot »

It's a trick question, you can't read a book, smoke, phone Zara and type at the same time. Gimme.
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Originally posted by LordSixshot
you can't read a book, smoke, phone Zara and type at the same time.
On the contrary...it's the only possible explanation...
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Actually I can... though Zara's getting a little irrate so I'll stop doing the book and typing soon...
Mirage

Post by Mirage »

War and Peace?
The Plant
Protoform

Post by The Plant »

Originally posted by Quicksilver
Erm, why shouldn't I post just for the fun of it? I'm just goofing off... don't like it, don't read it, 'swhat I say :)
Because it's garbage, bannworthy garbage, all of it.
I won't read it either, but I will say "Ban it". I don't need to read it, because I already know it's garbage.
Tell my tale to those who ask. Tell it truly, the ill deeds along with the good...and let me be judged accordingly. The rest...is silence.
Computron

Post by Computron »

Originally posted by The Plant
I won't read it either, but I will say "Ban it". I don't need to read it, because I already know it's garbage.
and thats different from half the other stuff here how?

--Compy
I support a ban on powerposting
The Plant
Protoform

Post by The Plant »

Originally posted by Quicksilver
Erm, why shouldn't I post just for the fun of it? I'm just goofing off... don't like it, don't read it, 'swhat I say :)
Tell my tale to those who ask. Tell it truly, the ill deeds along with the good...and let me be judged accordingly. The rest...is silence.
Computron

Post by Computron »

--Compy
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Originally posted by Computron

--Compy
My point exactly. While it has admittedly been of a rather quick frequency, I don't think anything I've posted is of considerably less validity and worth than that usually posted by The Plant ["Ban Me!"] or Plasmodium [*nods*]. So therefore there's nothing wrong with it. You don't like it? Ever consider than maybe some of us don't like what you post?
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Since when was posting nonsense no-one wants to read abanable offence? I could name a few who'd be off the board a long time ago if that was the case...
LordSixshot
Protoform

Post by LordSixshot »

In your trying to prove a point by pointing out that Quicksilver and Compy's attempt to prove a point was taken too far to the extreme, can I point out that your trying to make a point is more annoying than even theirs? I know that's the point, but still.

I say we fire everyone into the sun.
They did play him. Not much happened.
The Plant
Protoform

Post by The Plant »

Originally posted by Computron

--Compy
Because half the other stuff here (excluding mod/Quicky posts for the past day) has a topic that some people may have an interest in, have a relevent title, and most of the time the discussion stays relatively on topic. I had no quarrel with the higher ups here until yesterday.:mad:

Your right Quicksilver, although I posted something relevent to or my opinions on the topic of every thread I said "ban me" on. No mod deemed erasing my posts worthy of the time it would take. I was VERY upset at the time. So much so that I took it out on you people, which i know is wrong. I finally got my wish (it all could've been avoided had my request been carried out sooner). When I was unbanned 2 weeks later I apologized profusely for my actions and edited every one of my posts that I had stated "Ban Me" in (except the ones that were locked).

What you're doing is worse though IMO. The thing is, you don't feel a bit of shame for doing it either.
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Thing is, with one or two exceptions (which have or would have been locked/merged), all of the topics of the last few days would probably have passed without comment had they not arrived within such a short space of time.

There is a genuine problem with people being prepared to post heavily, and not weighing in with the existing topics much. The odd bit of spam isn't nearly so bad if remains confined to one or two threads.
Claypool
Protoform

Post by Claypool »

Stephen Kings "IT" BWAHAHAH, that movie is scary as ****!!
Computron

Post by Computron »

What you're doing is worse though IMO. The thing is, you don't feel a bit of shame for doing it either.
Why should we feel ashamed, I think only one or two of our topics (party thread mainly) would have been locked by mods (and even then I guarentee a number of you would have complained at us for it)

Do most of the posters here feel ashamed when they post something someone else might not be interested in? nope. I'm enjoying this (Freedom for the first time in about 10 months) so I intend to post topics that interest me as oppossed to spending 10 mins in general looking at junk

--Compy