[BW,BM] Beast Wars for Dummies

Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
Silly Cow

Beast Wars for Dummies

Post by Silly Cow »

Now I'm going to try something new, BW namely. I all familiar with the G1, but Beast Wars is kind of a black spot. I saw the toys when they came, but considered them lame at the time. (Transformers? But they're freakin' animals.) But now I've planned to get to know the BW, so are there any recommendations for the eps. I am not going to d/l all the episodes, so if someone could tell which are episodes are the best/most crucial to the Main Plot(TM) and such.

All help would be truly appreciated.

------------------
-Afraid I was going to leave without giving you a goodbye kiss?
-I'd just as soon kiss a wookiee.

Picture courtesy of seibertron.com
Halfshell

Post by Halfshell »

Right, best way for me to do this is as follows... list of all 52 episodes, those that are integral to the plot are marked in bold... ignoring one of these eps could lead to a serious case of "wtf?!" syndrome...

Season 1
Beast Wars 1-2
The Web
Equal Measures
Chain of Command
Power Surge
Fallen Comrades
Double Jeopardy

A Better Mousetrap
Gorilla Warfare
The Probe
Victory
Dark Designs
Double Dinobot
The Spark
The Trigger 1-2
Spider's Game
Call of the Wild
Dark Voyage
Possession
The Low Road
Law of the Jungle
Before the Storm
Other Voices 1-2

Season 2
Aftermath
Coming of the Fuzors 1-2
Tangled Web
Maximal No More
Other Visits 1-2
Bad Spark
Code of Hero

Transmutate
Agenda 1-3

Season 3
Optimal Situation
Deep Metal
Changing of the Guard
Cutting Edge
Feral Scream 1-2

Proving Grounds
Go with the Flow
Crossing the Rubicon
Master Blaster
Other Victories
Nemesis 1-2

I'd recommend watching the whole run in order to get a better insight as to what each character is about. Bear in mind that a lot of the unmarked episodes are very enjoyable; but if you stick to the ones in bold, I doubt any real problems will arise.

------------------
This post was sponsored by Stately Wayne Manor - the cause of, and solution to, all of life's problems!
Silly Cow

Post by Silly Cow »

That was a major help, thanks. Now it just the matter of getting those episodes. Kazaa was a bit shy with Beast Wars.
Off course, there's always the Archive with BW section. I already downloaded the first episode. The parts are only a downer, getting n+1 rar-files for one episode isn't my idea of a god time.

What about Beast Machines? Are they any good?
------------------
-Afraid I was going to leave without giving you a goodbye kiss?
-I'd just as soon kiss a wookiee.

[This message has been edited by Silly Cow (edited 12-29-2001).]
Angus
Protoform

Post by Angus »

i can help you with the ones you don't find on kazaa. my e-mail is jlacarv@terra.com.br and my icq is 1389871

------------------
Angus
ICQ 1389871
Brasilia-DF,Brazil
sprites touch
Protoform

Post by sprites touch »

if you haven't watched Beast wars , than beast machines is a difrent experiance.
BM goes back to Cybertron, with some of the BW charecters, but it's very difrent, it has it's high points but it does takes time to acustome to.
I'd recomand watching BW first, and few highlight episodes of BM, the whole show(2 seasons) is 26 episodes, unfortunatlly, to understand the plot you have to watch most if not all of them, since it's one continual story(as I see it).

------------------

Maybe it's 'cause of all those punchs to my head, but I'm starting to see yer point.
dEcEpTiCoN MEGAtron
Protoform

Post by dEcEpTiCoN MEGAtron »

The parts are only a downer, getting n+1 rar-files for one episode isn't my idea of a god time.
Yeah, tell me about it, not to mention they're in real media! Ugh! But at least they have all the episodes here. I'll be opening my own BW site very soon where I'll have all the episodes that have made it to DVD and I'll put them in SVCD format which is much better. I'll keep you guys posted on this. Alliance Atlantis needs to keep bringing more episodes to DVD first, for they've only released the first 14 episodes. Although I do hear that Rhino is going to realease like a whole whopping 2 episodes for $20. Geesh! What a rip off!

------------------

Don't #$@! wit my crew!

Decepticons forever!