[Site] The RPG Site!

Got a story idea, or something you'd like to chat about?
Warcry

The RPG Site!

Post by Warcry »

Like the title says, we've got an actual functioning RPG site up and running. It has content and everything this time, too. ;) You can check it out by clicking the 'RPG' button in the menu bar at the top of the site.

We've implemented it with a Wikipedia-style interface so that anyone (well, anyone we give access to, anyway) can contribute with a minimum of fuss. If you'd like to chip in we'll be glad to have you, especially if you're willing to put in some time researching old threads so that you can help us fill in the 'Character History' sections on most of the character pages (or if you've been here long enough to remember them first-hand).

Speaking of which...all the characters are listed here but a lot of them still don't have pages. Everyone who's currently being played should have a page, though. A lot of them (Killbison, Dropshot, Highbrow are just stubs, but a few (Ramjet, Rodimus Convoy, Scourge) have fully fleshed-out profiles as well. All the active characters should also be listed on their respective faction pages, too. If you see anything that's horribly wrong, please speak up.

We're planning to use the site's character pages to replace the RPG's Roll Call thread, which is very clunky to manage, as well as some other stuff that we're keeping track of in threads right now.

If you've got any feedback or suggestions, or if you'd like to contribute, please speak up. :)
Ravage
Protoform

Post by Ravage »

I like! I really should try to come up with a decent picture of Hatemonger. Shame I am not an artist.
The bunnies, they give me knowledge it is neat.

The only necessity for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Nice one! Although three of my five characters (Blackjack, Detour and Misfire) still have the 'current character' as 'none'.

Otherwise, the new site looks amazing, I love it! Really gives me an easier time to check on other characters. Whoever got the idea to make it look like Wikipedia should be credited.

If possible I can help out with some of the unwritten character profiles and pictures...
Chip1123
Protoform

Post by Chip1123 »

i like it- very well done! I might can help in another week or two- starting a new job next week and its going to be hectic, so not a good time for me to volunteer right now.
No Reserves, No Retreats, and No Regrets!!!
secretcode

Post by secretcode »

I'd love to contribute! I want to fill out Bugbite's history and profile, the Bee-Fang, and the whole Bugbite's Clone saga.
Latest Hauls: Supertrain Megazord, RID Galvatron, Nightwatch Prime
TF Total: 173 ---- Non-TF: 32
optimusskids
Protoform

Post by optimusskids »

Very Nice congratulation to all those who put in all the hard work
tahukanuva
Custom Title: Human After All

Post by tahukanuva »

Awesome. Deathlok's profile made me happy in my pants.
Skidmark

Post by Skidmark »

Excellent source of information.:D
"Some people are like slinkies, not really good for anything, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs."

Movies I've seen recently:
Red
Johnny Got His Gun
A Clockwork Orange
Fight Club
Toy Story 3
Zombieland
Tenacious D The Pick of destiny
Watchmen
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Blackjack wrote:Nice one! Although three of my five characters (Blackjack, Detour and Misfire) still have the 'current character' as 'none'.
I think you'll find that you're mistaken. :glance:
Otherwise, the new site looks amazing, I love it! Really gives me an easier time to check on other characters. Whoever got the idea to make it look like Wikipedia should be credited.
Credit goes to Denyer, who came up with the idea a while back and did most all of the work setting things up for us.
tahukanuva wrote:Awesome. Deathlok's profile made me happy in my pants.
Now, if only he'd get a chance to actually do something, eh? ;)
Ravage wrote:I like! I really should try to come up with a decent picture of Hatemonger. Shame I am not an artist.
It'd really be nice to have an image or two of him, yeah. He's been around forever and I'd like to see if the image I've got in my head is anything like what he actually looks like.

Thanks to everyone who's shown interest in helping out (er...Blackjack, Chip, secretcode...did I miss anyone?). Once the technical stuff has been sorted out, I'll let you know how to log in and contribute. For now, take a look at the character template page that I threw together to get an idea of how we'd like things to look.
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

I think you'll find that you're mistaken.
I stand corrected. Oops. My bad.

As for the login... I tried using the 'login' button on top of the page. And I got logged in. Is it supposed to do that yet?
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Yeah, you can log in, but doing so is fairly pointless because guests and normal registered users both have read privileges only. It references the forum user tables rather than requiring separate registration.

We'll be doing assignation of privs based on vB secondary usergroups.
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Blackjack wrote:I stand corrected. Oops. My bad.
Only because I edited the pages last night before I posted. ;)
tahukanuva
Custom Title: Human After All

Post by tahukanuva »

Warcry wrote:Only because I edited the pages last night before I posted. ;)
He's does things like this because he's a bastard.
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

You say that like they should be surprised...
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

You say that like they should be surprised...
I am not surprised...:)
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Sorry it took so long to get back to this. My new job has been a killer, but I think I've got things settled in now.

After figuring some things out with admin-type people, here's how we're going to handle things. We've got a new subforum for RPG site stuff, so folk who want to contribute can post their stuff in there and someone with access to the site can upload it easy enough. If you think you're going to be doing enough pages that you'd like to be able to upload stuff directly, that's fine. Just show us that you've got a good handle on the syntax/that you're not a mook who's going to vandalize stuff and we'll make it happen.
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Whoever did the art for Vindicator did a really good job!
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

That was his player, miked23.

Top-notch work, isn't it? :up:
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Yup. Can't say I can draw that well either... That guy plays RPG well, and draws well too. Maybe he could draw the other fanmade characters. Like Hatemonger... :D
miked23
Protoform

Post by miked23 »

Thanks for the complements guys.

Hey I would be willing to draw other fan made characters with the permission of the person who created the Character. I just need the persons permission and maybe a couple concepts of what the person is looking for in there character. PM me and I would be willing to talk about ideas.

Also I really like the new layout of the RPG site. It is far easier to navigate.