Buffy Animated presentation

Chat about stuff other than Transformers.
Halfshell

Buffy Animated presentation

Post by Halfshell »

Dunno if anybody spotted yet, but this is purportedly the little four minute pilot/presentation thinger that was produced for the aborted "Buffy Animated" series however many years back.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mnUvZP7-5LM

I've got no sound and my connection seems unstable, so I've only seen the first twenty seconds or so. But seems nice as a little curio.

As a sideline, issue 20 (#18's just come out) of the season 8 comic is going to be some little crossover jobby with the series. Being written by Jeph Loeb (who was gonna produce), with some art by Eric Wight (who did the character models). Presumably a flashback to the "fake memory/Dawn version" of the High School years (which is essentially what the series would have been).

... "fake reality" stories have become a seasonal fixture, haven't they? The Wish, Superstar, most of season 5, Normal Again, Storyteller (okay, that was all in Andrew's head, but still).
inflatable dalek

Post by inflatable dalek »

Decidedly funky. Though it was a bit distracting trying to guess which voice actors have been recast (Nick Brendon is there I'll bet, probably Tony Head as well, not so sure about Willow...)

As for alt reality stories, I guess as with DS9's Mirror Universe stuff (big influence on The Wish, evil Kira and Evil Willow need to have that leather cat suit mud fight) its a combination of the first time being so popular they tried variations on it again and again and the actors liking playing eye patch wearing versions of themselves a lot.
Halfshell

Post by Halfshell »

Far as I know, pretty much all the season 1 cast were scheduled to reprise their roles. Head, Brendon, Hannigan, Carpenter. Plus Trachtenberg, Sutherland, Boreanaz and Shimerman. Only Gellar wasn't keen... apparantly scared of jumping the shark. Which, when you consider what her career's been since...

Presumably they would have given the occasional guest spot to Mercedes McNab and Danny Strong. And they could have multiple Oz cameos without ever having to worry about Seth Green's availability.
inflatable dalek

Post by inflatable dalek »

This was actually mooted when the show was still in production wasn't it? So most of them would have been easy enough to get hold of at that point (before remembering this my only reason for not being sure if it was ASH as Giles was wondering about the costs of working with him in the UK). To be completely fair to Geller she'd have been the actor working the longest hours on the show so its understandable she wouldn't be that bothered about doing more of it on her days off.

Or the money wasn't good enough.

The woman playing Buffy doesn't really sound anything like her. This may be a good thing depending on your point of view.