[New RPG] Holographic Characters

Got a story idea, or something you'd like to chat about?
optimusskids
Protoform

Holographic Characters

Post by optimusskids »

It hasn't beendecided if this concept will be in the new RPG but in IDW's universe Transformers come equipped with Holographic transmitters that can project a human being and just for fun I was trying to work out whom my charcters hologram would most ressemble

Weirdwolf= Alan Tudyk mainly for his role as Alpha in Dollhouse with the whole talking to himself
Venom = Peter Lorre
Scavenger = Ted Raimi (Joxer from Xena , the whole puppy dog eagerness to please)

Squawktalk = I'm not so sure of first I thought Bruce Campbell in his character from Burn notice , loud Hawaian shirts and that larger than life personality then I thought maybe Anthony (CP30) Daniels for the similar roles but then no one actuall knows what he looks like so then I thought Bruce Campbell with Anthony Daniels voice then my brain melted.

Finback = Kurt Russell as Captain Ron

Bombard= Brigadier Lethbridge Stewart aka Nicholas Courtney
Scoop= not sure but it would have Senior NCO stamped all over him
Nightstalker= someone non descript.
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Not sure if I'm going to be using holograms at all, b ut here goes for everyone bar Sentinel Prime:

-Grimlock: he'll need a driver. Preferably someone from an action movie. Bruce Willis? Kiefer Sutherland? The Rock? Will decide later. Or I might go totally random and cast Megan Fox as Grimlock's holographic rider...

-Gunrunner: Superman. He's a superhero in reverse, after all. In all seriousnes, he'll probably have Mustache Man from the Movies as his holographic pilot.

-Warpath: Liam Neeson (IIRC?) as Hanniball from the A-Team.

-Sixshot: probably not going to have one since Sixshot blows up rather than infiltrates, but if he does it'll be Arnold Schwazzeneger in all his Terminator glory.

-Scorponok: definitely Marvel comics Lord Zarak. Now to find someone similar to him in real life... a slimmer Jon Voight, perhaps? Or that guy who plays Magneto in X-Men?

-Skywarp: Rowan 'Mr Bean' Atkinson suits his personality. Or Heath Ledger as the Joker, if he feels like it. Just to creep people out. Hey, it's Skywarp!

-Obsidian: he's a little xenophobic (or rather, so fanatical about Cybertron), so he wouldn't want any kind of holographic rider whatsoever... but if he does use one it would probably some kind of anachronistic general. Napoleon, or Julius Caesar, or Washington... take your pick.
Brave Maximus

Post by Brave Maximus »

Skyfall: Tom Cruise - Maverik (Seriously, who else could fit in a Black Bird slightly smaller than a VW beetle?)

Omega Transector: Holograms will be shown on the windows of the cockpit, since Skyfall & Pryde will actually be piloting the thing: David James Elliot (JAG) & Collete Hiller (Cpl. Ferro - Aliens).

Alpha Trion: Walter Mathau (As Albert Einstein from IQ) or Jim Parsons (Dr. Sheldon Cooper, Big Bang Theory). Not too sure which... he'd probably switch between them depending on his mood and sanity...
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

I've got it! Screw Bruce Willis and the Rock and Jack Bauer and everyone else! This summer (or whenever we start)! Grimlock... is... SIMON FURMAN!!!
Heinrad

Post by Heinrad »

Holographic drivers, huh. Let's see.....

Optimus Prime's holoavatar will probably look like Patrick Swayze from the movie Black Dog.

Ironhide..... well, E.J. Su beat me to it. Generic pissed off old man with a mustache. Probably not a business suit, though.

Nightbeat's will be Pierce Brosnan, whichever alt-mode he winds up with.

Roadbuster..... I'm thinking R. Lee Ermy.

Tracks is a hard one. Mark Hamill from Corvette Summer, maybe?

Hot Rod's will probably look like Terry McGinnis fromBatman Beyond, which fits since that's who I'm basing his personality on.

Straxus...... uh...... I have no clue. I'm not sure how many people ride in the cockpit of an artillery piece. Generic soldiers, I guess.

Bludgeon doesn't need holoavatars. He doesn't have any windows.
As a professional tanuki (I'm a Japanese mythological animal, and a good luck charm), I have an alarm clock built into me somewhere. I also look like a stuffed animal. And you thought your life was tough......

3DS Friend Code: 1092-1274-7642
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

I don't think it's legal for Red Alert's driver to be anyone other than David Duchovny in all his crazy, squinty, paranoid Mulder glory. Smokescreen, on the other hand, would probably change his driver's looks so that he can present a face that whoever he's dealing with will think is friendly.

I really don't think there's much reason for any of my other guys to have holoavatars, since no one's going to get close enough to a fighter jet, bomber or attack helicopter to see that they don't have a pilot and live to tell the tale.
Blaster

Post by Blaster »

Like random everyday people who no one would recognize because looking like a famous person is a guaranteed way to attract attention to yourself when you really don't want it. Like... I don't know... when you're alien robots who take on the forms of local machines to hide amongst their populace to not attract attention to yourselves.
"You’re still a slave, Angron. Enslaved by your past, blind to the future. Too hateful to learn. Too spiteful to prosper."
tahukanuva
Custom Title: Human After All

Post by tahukanuva »

Red Alert is a Lambourghini Fire Chief car. Attention drawn.
tahukanuva

Post by tahukanuva »

Blackjack wrote:I've got it! Screw Bruce Willis and the Rock and Jack Bauer and everyone else! This summer (or whenever we start)! Grimlock... is... SIMON FURMAN!!!
Me Grimlock never did want to live forever.

As for my own, I think Rad as David Tennant.

Gobots as Will Ferrell's dad from Talledega Nights.

Blaze will be Cilian Murphy.

Hardtop, I think, Neil Patrick Harris (What geek doesn't secretly wish to be NPH?)

Astrotrain's gonna be a train conductor guy. Middle-aged, probably with a mustache.

On the off chance they're needed Deathsaurus and Sunstorm'll have Alan Rickman and Gary Busey respectively.

Sky-Byte is an unmanned Sub thing.
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Better for me Grimlock to fight and die... than live with the knowledge that me Grimlock ran!
Brave Maximus

Post by Brave Maximus »

Blaster wrote:Like random everyday people who no one would recognize because looking like a famous person is a guaranteed way to attract attention to yourself when you really don't want it. Like... I don't know... when you're alien robots who take on the forms of local machines to hide amongst their populace to not attract attention to yourselves.
I think, in this instance, it's suspended disbelief in reality. The people projected are going to be taken as real people, not "OMG You're XXXXXX Superstar!!!".

Much like a movie. People in that reality don't go "Wow, CIA person, you look exactly like Angelina Jole".
Chip1123
Protoform

Post by Chip1123 »

Rapido - Jeffery Donovan
Highbrow - Wentworth Miller
Topspin - Nathan Fillion
Thrust - Kevin Durand
Clench - Alan Rickman
No Reserves, No Retreats, and No Regrets!!!
optimusskids
Protoform

Post by optimusskids »

I'm thinking Pat Roach for Scoop
tahukanuva

Post by tahukanuva »

Chip1123 wrote: Clench - Alan Rickman
Whoo! Double Rickman!
Heinrad

Post by Heinrad »

I figured the holoavatars could well be the result of both sides not realizing what organic lifeforms are. They've got images of these things which might be like little drones. Hence multiple Rickmans. :D
As a professional tanuki (I'm a Japanese mythological animal, and a good luck charm), I have an alarm clock built into me somewhere. I also look like a stuffed animal. And you thought your life was tough......

3DS Friend Code: 1092-1274-7642
Blaster

Post by Blaster »

Brave Maximus wrote:
Much like a movie. People in that reality don't go "Wow, CIA person, you look exactly like Angelina Jole".
I present to you Ocean's 12. Your point is refuted.
tahukanuva wrote:Red Alert is a Lambourghini Fire Chief car. Attention drawn.
There's a lot different from a car and a celebrity which gets stalked by paparazzi, autograph seekers and insane people. That and the continuities that the original Red Alert was prominent in, they weren't really trying to hide when he was around. Your point is also refuted.

IT WOULD make sense if they were drawing on a planet's transmissions for their inspiration, but it'd definitely blow up in their face time to time.
"You’re still a slave, Angron. Enslaved by your past, blind to the future. Too hateful to learn. Too spiteful to prosper."
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Blaster wrote:it'd definitely blow up in their face time to time.
You say that like it's a bad thing...
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Simon Furman isn't a celeberity! Won't draw attention, nosireee! :o
optimusskids
Protoform

Post by optimusskids »

Transformers have difficulty with the concept of blending in disguise they can do but blending in no . Consider Nightbeat who would stick out like a sore thumb if trailing someone. Many of the others hardly pick alt modes guaranteed to make them inconspicous in the 1980's USA Wheeljack for example
Blaster

Post by Blaster »

Warcry wrote:You say that like it's a bad thing...
I never said it was. What I am saying that this thread is just such a silly idea. Of all the things to get psyched about in the new RPG? I mean, really?
optimusskids wrote:Transformers have difficulty with the concept of blending in disguise they can do but blending in no . Consider Nightbeat who would stick out like a sore thumb if trailing someone. Many of the others hardly pick alt modes guaranteed to make them inconspicous in the 1980's USA Wheeljack for example
Again, a car is a car. People look at a car and say "Hey, cool car." No one will follow a car, or think too much beyond "Hey I saw a cool card today."

Nevermind the fact that the cartoon/comic continuity eventually out and out admitted their existence to the world. Our continuity probably won't be doing that.