Thoughts on FFOD

Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
Luda-Chris
Protoform

Thoughts on FFOD

Post by Luda-Chris »

I can hardly remember it but it seems it should be intersting for iths 5 parts long (like a second movie) and its straight after the movie.
Is it worth getting and why or why not ?
Prowl?
Protoform

Post by Prowl? »

It is definatly worth seeing if you can tolerate a few continuity errors, but it is generally accepted that FFoD was one of the few bright points in season 3. Some other good season 3 eps are Dark Awakening, Fight or flee, Starscreams Ghost, Ghost in the Machine, and Call of the primitives.

------------------
----------------------------------
Send comments, insults, taunts and death threats to:
Prowl?

---------------------------------------------------
Sig space courtesy of Thundercracker84
------------------------
screw geocities and Angelfire
Silly Cow

Post by Silly Cow »

It's definetly sad that in FFoD talents never reached as high as ambition. Story on that scale would have deserved much better quality. But still I consider it(them) to be one of the best episodes in G1.

And at least Rodimus made one of his rare good decisions in part2. Image

------------------
-Afraid I was going to leave without giving you a goodbye kiss?
-I'd just as soon kiss a wookiee.
Reflector

Post by Reflector »

Let me warn you of something first. If you've seen any of the rest of season three (well, I shouldn't say any... Dark Awakening, TROOP, FIALTC, a few others), you'll probably find it rather boring. The main shocker in FFOD is run through the remainder of the series, so you won't be surprised if you've seen subsequent episodes. I won't spoil anything beyond that, just in case.

------------------

[This message has been edited by Reflector (edited 12-30-2001).]
dai-atlas2000
Protoform

Post by dai-atlas2000 »

definitely worth seeing.
It has the feel of a second movie - with lots of new characters and ideas added - plus it takes up where the movie left off...

excellent stuff

------------------
Dai
<offical tea-boy>

Sig pictures and hosting available on request!!!!

--------
Our Physics Teacher asked us:
"Where would you find a transformer?"
some joker at the back of the class replied:
"In the toybox!"
--------
Kevin:You've got the wrong guy...I'm just a stupid keyboard player in a high school band...there's a million of me..."
Gwildor:Only one of you Kevin...only one of anybody!
Bombshell

Post by Bombshell »

It's great story-wise, and if you can ignore about a million animation and plot errors, you'll probably like it.

Oh, it doesn't have a million errors. More like 407. Image

That still a huge number, though.

------------------
Bombshell: Da Man since 1984.
Located on the fifth floor of the TF Archive building.

<A HREF="http://www.angelfire.com/scifi/danai/decindex.html" TARGET=_blank>The Insecticon Mission: To be as big a nuisance as possible, while still remaining too useful to squish!
</A>
New sig coming as soon as Dai-Atlas2000 gets around to making it.
----------------
Brawn Pin made by Skywarp, sig master.
Bombshell Trivia winners: Getaway, Commander Shockwaeve (x2), Brendocon (x8), Starscreamsghost, Unicron(x2), Kickback (x4), Blitzwing (x7) Optimal Rattrap, Cliffjumper (x2), Philcom, Silly Cow, Capt, Ultra Magnus (x2).
Read The Transformers: The Movie 2: Battle Drive Script, written by the very nutty S-Ghost.
The Mook List has been removed at the request of the establishment. Don't worry. I'll find something else to bury to the ground soon.
Blaster_86

Post by Blaster_86 »

Hey abdul keep your cool, We're not here to cause trouble just find decepti-creep and bust their bubble [Blaster/]

Damn I wish I could come up with lines like that when I'm rping Blaster.

------------------
Optimus Prime do you read me the Decepticons are blitzing Autobot city, we're really taking a pounding; dunno how much longer we can hold out-Blaster in Tf:TM
Thanks to Dai our tea boy for this sig.
Watch the Birdy Laserbeak
sprites touch
Protoform

Post by sprites touch »

hey B86- take this corections on the quote, it's Raul not abdul, and it's burst rather than bust, although baring in mind it's Blaster, who knows.
FFOD is important to continuity and TF history, also as said, it introduces alot of new charecters, and picks off from where the movie ends.

------------------

Maybe it's 'cause of all those punchs to my head, but I'm starting to see yer point.
Blaster_86

Post by Blaster_86 »

Originally posted by sprites touch:
hey B86- take this corections on the quote, it's Raul not abdul, and it's burst rather than bust, although baring in mind it's Blaster, who knows.
FFOD is important to continuity and TF history, also as said, it introduces alot of new charecters, and picks off from where the movie ends.

Excuse me the last time I saw it was like 6 months ago.

------------------
Optimus Prime do you read me the Decepticons are blitzing Autobot city, we're really taking a pounding; dunno how much longer we can hold out-Blaster in Tf:TM
cosmotron
Protoform

Post by cosmotron »

though i am a season 3 lover, i was disappointed by five faces of darkness.
i just felt, it did not handle certain things properly.
eg- rodimus and grimlock at charr.
that was so lame, they kept blasting. then the decepticons just stand there and hit them. the asnimation was so choppy and poor there.
personally, there should hv been a little more focus on galvatron , rodimus prime.
i mean galvatron, was thrown into a lava pool, cause of rodimus. surprisingly galvatron does not go after him, at all.
they could hv shown a little more action, shown rodimus prime leading the autobots against the decepticons , rather then see them sit and just keep blasting.

------------------
Image Megatron tougher then Galvatron? THIS IS BAD COMEDY!
Blitzwing

Post by Blitzwing »

Actually, the line goes: "Keep your cool, Abdul. We're not here to cause no trouble, we're trying to find Decepti-creeps and bust their bubble."

And as for FFoD, one of the best storylines ever to come from the cartoon continuity, but one of the worst episodes as far as animation goes.

------------------
Please visit theTF Mausoleum
"Nobody kills Kakarot while I'm around. Destiny has reserved that pleasure for me!"
-Vegita, Android Saga.
Who Am I winners: Kickback
Redstreak
Protoform

Post by Redstreak »

There is one thing inherently wrong with FFOD. It involves a Metroplex transformation cog, which is taking the place of transform circuits in some deranged, sideshow induced lunacy.

So the Autobots have to get their city working at full capacity again, and that will somehow make it transform into a robot, something that it could have then done in the movie and wiped out the entire population of the Decepticons, I might add...and what do they do? They entrust it to BLURR and WHEELIE.

If there is ever a point to lose faith in Transformers, that was it. Let's send annoying boy number one on this mission that is one of the major plotlines. No, better, let's send annoying boy one AND annoying boy two on this desperately important and integral mission, so that any Transfan worth his balls will have to mute or fast forward the scenes they are in. To top it off, they're going to start their mission being briefed by PERCEPTOR. Yeah, that Perceptor.

Top this off with Marisa Fairborne. A worse idea has not been had since Spike Witwicky. At least people like Chip, for all the flak they take, were WORTH something. Marisa is a waste of time and space(hark, Wheelie infiltrates even this post!), who contributes nothing but mindless bullcrap to the TF mythos. Chip had ideas, Chip beat SKYWARP.

In any case, what should be a quick and easy mission for any Autobots who have the slightest fighting ability, it turns into a prolonged waste of time that goes throughout the entire five parts. Why, again, did Galvatron not succeed in killing them? An ion storm? Please. After making declarations on symphonies of destruction moments before, our beloved Galvie was in no position to wuss out that quick afterwards. Yes I know he needed to be in the next part of the plot, but this is just effing stupid, and there's no excuse for it.

And where the hell do they come up with this dumbass ruler of Carbombia? I had to watch the episode a dozen times before I could make out what he was saying; yes, that means I could understand Wheelie more clearly!

And then there are the Quints. Don't get me started on the effing Quints. The Quintessons built the TFs, but couldn't use a microwave with a set of instructions and visual aids.

Hi, we're the Quints. We're being invaded by a dozen Transformers, and we were somehow able to put down a Sharkticon revolt during the movie, and despite having several million of those sucker still hanging around, let's blow up our planet instead of fighting it out.

Hi, we're the Quints. Have some Quaker oats.

If the Quints were a band, they'd be a boy band; nothing of theirs is worth a damn, but they are ok to look at--no, scratch that, just the first part.

And Springer, ah, poor sarcastic Springer. Gets himself killed, and soon as he does he is reborn with this snappy personality that just bugs the hell out of me. Gone is jovial, fun loving Springer, back is bitter, resentful Springer who enjoys calling his leader a moron. I don't care if it's just Rodimus. You don't do that and live. I mean, at least Rodimus understood what Wreck-Gar was saying when he talked about them losing their time slot. That gives him points over Optimus or Magnus in my book. Spring-o shouldn't be dissin' someone like that.

The highlight of this ep? The scenes from the movie. And Cyclonus, he was the one person in the episode that didn't do something that was unbelievably stupid. And did anyone else notice Rodimus' line when he thought he was dying?
"My time in the light is short."
Arcee--"That's what Optimus Prime said when he was dying!"

*SCREEE!!!*

NO! WRONG! Put the car in park, step out and put your hands on the hood! What bright boy concocted that load of horse manure? I've seen the movie a few times too many, and I can tell you that Optimus says no such thing! He says "Do not grieve," for God's sake.

Which brings us to Blitzwing and the only cool part of the episode, the only hope for evolution among Transformers. He deserts the Decepticons. How about this, someone worth his weight in the war is leaving his faction, and uses a cool quote to do it, too: "Sometimes it's better to be known for one's enemies."
Hell yes. Remind me to send Blitz a few beers for that one. He's against the whole Quint thing throughout, even though he doesn't know why, and in the end makes the one move no one would have thought to make; he helps Rodimus and leaves Galvie in the dust. Only way it coulda been better is if they'd have run with it and made him an Autobot.

And oh, Ultra Magnus and Kup. Kidnapped Mags and Kup. IDIOT Mags and Kup. Excuse my impertinence, but how did Kup, ol' war story tellin', badass Kup suddenly become frizzled, unable to defend yourself Kup? I mean, he's sitting in that Sharkticon pool for the SECOND TIME and can't figure out what to do when, instead of Hot Rod, he's got the powerful Ultra Magnus with him. What happened to that memory of yours, bub? I mean, it was just a couple weeks ago that you were in there the first time! And how does Magnus, with those shoulder missiles of his, not blast anything either? I mean, we know he's incompetent as a leader. But he is good as a second in command, and a decent-thinking soldier! But what does he do? Follows Kup's lead and sits in the tank like a moron. And don't give me any crap about protecting Spike. Sitting there saves no one so you may as well have smacked some stuff up, buddy.

Why, why, why were we cursed with such an episode? There are so many things wrong with it it'd take days to break them all down. And I haven't even said anything about Grimlock staying in dino mode throughout, I think that stupidity goes without saying. Then there are the football remarks. Let me just say "Durrrr," and be done with it.

And what the hell took Trypticon so long to get to Metroplex, anyway? I mean, he leveled the ark--the effing ARK--in two seconds! How'd it take him most of the ep to get to Metroplex, which he then does no--that's right, boys and girls, no damage to! He shoulda been firing missiles from long range, but what happens? He walks right up to the doorstep, effectively saying, "Hi, me Tryp here to smash!" and gets the hell beaten outta him for it! Why was he concentrating on the cog when it came instead of just smashing the city himself! No city--cog irrelevant. No cog--ya still gotta worry about the city! Geez!

OK, I think I've had enough. But I have one final, definitive thing to say about this episode: Dumbass.

R.

------------------
Thanks to Skycat for the sig pic!
-------------------------
Come on down to RCOSD & Redstreak's basement, where torture and pain are our game.

[This message has been edited by Redstreak (edited 12-30-2001).]
dai-atlas2000
Protoform

Post by dai-atlas2000 »

...says Redstreak...single handedly destroying whatever fun was left in FFOD.....

------------------
Dai
<offical tea-boy>

Sig pictures and hosting available on request!!!!

--------
Our Physics Teacher asked us:
"Where would you find a transformer?"
some joker at the back of the class replied:
"In the toybox!"
--------
Kevin:You've got the wrong guy...I'm just a stupid keyboard player in a high school band...there's a million of me..."
Gwildor:Only one of you Kevin...only one of anybody!
Bombshell

Post by Bombshell »

Originally posted by dai-atlas2000:
...says Redstreak...single handedly destroying whatever fun was left in FFOD.....

Was there any to begin with? :P

------------------
Bombshell: Da Man since 1984.
Located on the fifth floor of the TF Archive building.

<A HREF="http://www.angelfire.com/scifi/danai/decindex.html" TARGET=_blank>The Insecticon Mission: To be as big a nuisance as possible, while still remaining too useful to squish!
</A>
New sig coming as soon as Dai-Atlas2000 gets around to making it.
----------------
Brawn Pin made by Skywarp, sig master.
Bombshell Trivia winners: Getaway, Commander Shockwaeve (x2), Brendocon (x8), Starscreamsghost, Unicron(x2), Kickback (x4), Blitzwing (x7) Optimal Rattrap, Cliffjumper (x2), Philcom, Silly Cow, Capt, Ultra Magnus (x2).
Read The Transformers: The Movie 2: Battle Drive Script, written by the very nutty S-Ghost.
The Mook List has been removed at the request of the establishment. Don't worry. I'll find something else to bury to the ground soon.
Blaster_86

Post by Blaster_86 »

Good mornin Good mornin, Uh Oh we got a warning, Bad mornin Bad mornin.
this ep had great lines for blaster so in my opinion it's cookl

------------------
Blitzwing

Post by Blitzwing »

Originally posted by Blaster_86:
Good mornin Good mornin, Uh Oh we got a warning, Bad mornin Bad mornin.
this ep had great lines for blaster so in my opinion it's cookl

"Give us some answers and make it snappy, because my buddy here is trigger-happy."

"Hold you horn, Fairborne, we're sending Skylynx to break your jinx."

------------------
Please visit theTF Mausoleum
"Nobody kills Kakarot while I'm around. Destiny has reserved that pleasure for me!"
-Vegita, Android Saga.
Who Am I winners: Kickback
Blaster_86

Post by Blaster_86 »

My thoughts exactly blitzy.

What is Sky Lynx?
Well he;s pretty hard to describe buit be assured he'll soon arrive

or something along those lines.

------------------
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
No Way Two Can Play
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Roger Me Wilco Me, ANYTHING. HELLO HELLO EARTH
Redstreak
Protoform

Post by Redstreak »

What is it with rhyming bots...?!?!? Image

R.

------------------
Thanks to Skycat for the sig pic!
-------------------------
Come on down to RCOSD & Redstreak's basement, where torture and pain are our game.
BlueBlaster
Protoform

Post by BlueBlaster »

The day and night switch animation error in FFOD really bugs me out!

------------------

This always happens to me at new year's eve!