Energon Mirage's Origins. (*SPOILERS*)

Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
deej
Protoform

Energon Mirage's Origins. (*SPOILERS*)

Post by deej »

From this article:

Been wondering who Energon Mirage is/where he comes from?

well, according to the above article, he's none other than....

Tidal Wave reformatted!

Sucks to be him eh? to go from an uber-huge battleship, to a small-ish gunship...

Also a mention in the article for those who read the EN comic, that we won't be seeing Scorpy & Megs go head to head till issue #30 or so....
(W)underBoy
Protoform

Post by (W)underBoy »

So its true

Demolisher became a dumptruck
Tidalwave becomes a boat (Baywatch repaint please, with an inflateble pamela).
Cyclonus becomes snowcat

Like the ideas, but i find it a bit out of character. in nearly every show the decepticons/destron/predacons had agressive alternate modes (millitary vehicles, tanks, insekts, monsters). Now they have more autobot like alternate modes, apart from tidal wave that is.
How the first man on the moon ever came there, is a riddle to me! Mij mobile phone is a better computer then they had. I guess al those fancy buttons were just to make them feel better, take their minds of the 20 million pounds of thrust that was to be blown up their ass!
The Wild One

Post by The Wild One »

Tidal Wave I can see. Overly damaged by raw energon, his stats did show he bacame weak. Reformating was just a matter of time. Now making him smaller is what sucks.
It's time to get wild!!!!!
The Wild One
dedicon
Protoform

Post by dedicon »

so,unicron(or at least,the energon within him) gave cyclonus, the crazy chopper,a good guys alt mode(gi joe were the good guys in the show with the same name),pink visors and a couple of skis.
then he took the militery assult vehicle demolishor,made him a dump truck and gave him a sharticon face.
and last but not least,he takes a huge warship, turns it to a gunboat that can bearly fit 2 terrorcons and gives him a shorter name to boot..so his dialog in the cartoon will be cut to half....

man,unicron is evil...
Really want the original(basic) Rattrap's gun. Please PM me if you have one you might spare!
RED EVIL
Protoform

Post by RED EVIL »

dumb ideas...... wouldn't have been better if some of these characters were add ons to the Decepticon army? or at least everyone could have been reformatted at the same time.......

I like the look of Mirage i think he is cool just i hate the idea of him being tidal wave reformatted when tidal wave was cool b4 and now he will be less than he was.
----------------------------------------------------
DECEPTICONS FOREVER!
----------------------------------------------------
The Wild One

Post by The Wild One »

Originally posted by RED EVIL
dumb ideas...... wouldn't have been better if some of these characters were add ons to the Decepticon army? or at least everyone could have been reformatted at the same time.......

I like the look of Mirage i think he is cool just i hate the idea of him being tidal wave reformatted when tidal wave was cool b4 and now he will be less than he was.

On tida wave, it was inevitable because was rendered weak from energon damage. (At least according to the profile.)
The Wild One
dedicon
Protoform

Post by dedicon »

Originally posted by The Wild One
On tida wave, it was inevitable because was rendered weak from energon damage. (At least according to the profile.)

from hasbro profiles:
http://www.hasbro.com/transformers/ener ... efault.cfm

'His continued exposure to raw energon caused excessive damage to various parts of his body. These damaged parts were eventually replaced with pure energon, boosting TIDAL WAVE'S strength and making him nearly invincible"

it sounds like he is stronger,not weaker.
face it:unicron is just evil
Really want the original(basic) Rattrap's gun. Please PM me if you have one you might spare!
The Wild One

Post by The Wild One »

Originally posted by dedicon
from hasbro profiles:
http://www.hasbro.com/transformers/ener ... efault.cfm

'His continued exposure to raw energon caused excessive damage to various parts of his body. These damaged parts were eventually replaced with pure energon, boosting TIDAL WAVE'S strength and making him nearly invincible"

it sounds like he is stronger,not weaker.
face it:unicron is just evil

His stats show he is weak though. Leave to hasbro to screw it up.
The Wild One
the_escaflowne_2k
Protoform

Post by the_escaflowne_2k »

assuming the stats are right for Mirage on the hasbro website than it can be seen that whilst being shrunk in size mirages stats beat those of Tidal Waves on 5 occasions, one stat is the same and 2 stats are lower after the transition. It could just be like the transition from Atomic Bombs to Nuclear Bombs, a significant increase in power but (because of advances in technology) a decrease in size .
Transfannabeel
Protoform

Post by Transfannabeel »

The Wild One

Post by The Wild One »

Originally posted by Transfannabeel
http://tfarchive.com/community/showthre ... adid=21992

I deserve some props.:p

The Wild One dishes out some props. THE RUBBER CHICKEN:D :p
The Wild One
deej
Protoform

Post by deej »

nice call :P

just curious to see what triggers it happening... perhaps some "grimlock's new brain" esque shennanigans result in it happening? :P
Reflector

Post by Reflector »

Bah. Why can't we just have new original characters? It's not like Tidal Wave's so popular that the character crossover will make Mirage sell any better. Same complaint goes for Hoist, Snow Cat, and Thundercracker (sort of). What's next - Scavenger becomes Landime, Blurr becomes Prowl, and Red Alert becomes Ironhide?

Bah.

EDIT: I've heard Omega Supreme is actually a reformatted Unicron, too. Seriously.

Flec's selling a lot of RID, Armada, and Energon, and a few G1 toys. 'S all I'm sayin'.
The TFArchive RPG - "the most popular part of the site[!]" - Skywarp. Darn tootin'.
Windrazor
Protoform

Post by Windrazor »

Well.. I can sort of half way see how that happens.. at least demolisher turning into the dump truck.. and cyclonus turning into snowcat stayed in the deluxe size... This Mirage toy.. does anybody know what size it will be? If its to remain similar in size to Tidal Wave I believe it would have to be an Ultra size... If it comes in a Ultra sized box.. then I'll be at least half way happy.. As long as its not all screwed up like Hasbro did in Beast machines.. i mean.. Gawd... what on earth were they thinking???? They made Silverbolt a fricken small basic figure.. and Nightscream a Ultra figure???? what the h3ll???? I was hoping they were going to come out with Nightscream being a deluxe figure, and Silverbolt a Ultra figure.. With Energon.. I'm still pleased with the majority of the items.. even the changes.. their not all that bad.. I did see a Demolisher finally in stores.. I probably should have picked him up, cuz I just saw the one there.. I hope its not a rare item....
You Are Ratchet!

You are caring and compassionate.

[size=-1]Which Transformer Are You?[/size][
[size=-3]brought to you by Quizilla[/size]
dedicon
Protoform

Post by dedicon »

mirage is mega size(like ironhide/jetfire/shockblast/cliffjumper)
Windrazor
Protoform

Post by Windrazor »

Originally posted by dedicon
mirage is mega size(like ironhide/jetfire/shockblast/cliffjumper)

Is that known as factual? Or mere speculation?
You Are Ratchet!

Rookwise
Protoform

Post by Rookwise »

Originally posted by Windrazor
This Mirage toy.. does anybody know what size it will be? If its to remain similar in size to Tidal Wave I believe it would have to be an Ultra size

My Mirage figure arrived a week ago (bagged it for £10) and he is the height of the armada seekers (skywarp etc) in robot mode but a lot slimmer/sleeker.

He takes AAA size batteries which are not included and activates a sound when the buton which raises the front torpedo's up is pressed.

Colour scheme is ok. Nice face sculpt. Be careful of the legs though when transforming him to robot as they come off very easily by the knee joint.

The front part of the boat sticks out behind him in robot mode similar to Scorponok's tail section does thus meaning he takes up some space.

Would rate him about 7/8 overall

Have just bagged Landmine also (£15).
The Wild One

Post by The Wild One »

Originally posted by deej
nice call :P

just curious to see what triggers it happening... perhaps some "grimlock's new brain" esque shennanigans result in it happening? :P

:D A smart tidal wave. That could be cool; if done right. Lots of power and brains, can be scary.
The Wild One
Windrazor
Protoform

Post by Windrazor »

I just seen a few of these up for auction on eBay.... Kinda cool lookin.. oh well.. so he lost a lil weight.. still looks like a keeper...
You Are Ratchet!

Thundercracker1
Protoform

Post by Thundercracker1 »

I JUST got mine from the local Wal-mart. I actually like it a lot. The transformation is a little odd at fist, but by no means hard. Totally worth the price.
The deadliest weapon is terror.