[Original RPG] Detente: The Congregation of the Dead (Crystal City)

Look back over the last decade-plus worth of games!
Warcry

Detente: The Congregation of the Dead (Crystal City)

Post by Warcry »

The Quintessons are a dying people. Their homeworld destroyed, their spirits consumed by hatred for their own bastard children, those few who remained on Cybertron after the Transformers retook the world had dedicated themselves to slaying any and every Cybertronian they could. Their reign of terror has claimed many lives, but it has also made them many enemies.

Ironically, it is not the heroic Autobots but rather the Decepticons who have tracked the terrorists to their base in the now-abandoned Crystal City. A full-scale assault on the city has brought the Quintessons to their knees. Now on the edge of utter ruination, the few Quintessons who remain have to face the reality that even if they survive today, they are as good as dead.
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Under the City

Spurred on by his (apparent, because of the flying missile launcher) wounding of Pounce, Hypotheon snapped several shots off in Bomb-Burst's direction, then lunged off down a side-corridor. Deactivating his light, he did his best to make his way in the dark and hoped against hope that the two Decepticons wouldn't be able to track him.

Bomb-Burst, no stranger to dark places, immediately started to follow.

Roadway North

Cyclonus' first instinct was to tell Snapdragon to shut up and keep fighting, but a small, Galvatron-sounding voice in the back of his head made him think better of it.

"I will accompany you," he told the Horrorcon. "Everyone else will stay here and continue slaying Quintessons."

Although Cyclonus had absolutely no authority here, his voice made it clear that he would brook absolutely no defiance.
Skidmark

Post by Skidmark »

In the debris
There's a explosion,debris shoots up into the air,Sixshot climbs out,exhausted
and almost out of ammo.-"That's the last time I make a building collapse on myself.Well at least those Quints didn't survive,and even if they did they'd be nearly dead."-He flips open his comm while killing off any surviving quints-"Weirdwolf? There's no signs of life in my area.I'm requesting further orders."
"Some people are like slinkies, not really good for anything, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs."

Movies I've seen recently:
Red
Johnny Got His Gun
A Clockwork Orange
Fight Club
Toy Story 3
Zombieland
Tenacious D The Pick of destiny
Watchmen
Chip1123
Protoform

Roadway North

Post by Chip1123 »

Roadblock was about to say something about Cyclonus's orders, but something in the bots voice convinced him not to. He decided to take advantage of the brief respite in battle and took shelter behind a destroyed quint vehicle. He turned on his repair systems to max and prepared for the next round.
No Reserves, No Retreats, and No Regrets!!!
Warit00
Protoform

Post by Warit00 »

----------Klamek's Tower---------

"Ah no no no No!" Chances dwindled less and less as Spinister get near the hatch. Klamek his raised pulling the trigger again and again at Spinister while slowly making his way through the broken catwalks.

----------Skybourne-----------

Slugslinger evading the flak clouds as both Klamek's and Spearhead's(2nd) tower trying to take him out.

"You idiot! Just do something!"

"Shut Up! Caliburst. I'm thinking."

----------Somewhere else----------

"27 28 29 Ha! 30!" The drones fell one by one as they marching desperately toward Triggerhappy. One of them just has been disfigured by the precise shots at the power core while were jumping toward the targetmaster.
While enjoying the killing spree an Allicon sneaked up behind him.

His luck ran out as that drone jumped up on him.

"Darn it! I lost my counts. Ermmm... Help? Anyone?"

----------Debris----------

Awaken, All Wardust's seeing is darkness. With one of his leg paralyzed hopelessly trying to find the way out.

Meanwhile... Several blocks away.

"Keep running don't stop don't stop." That's what Teffon keep saying to himself with the machine gun on his shoulder. Hoping that this gun would at least change the tide of a small battle not far from him.
redman prime

The North Road

Post by redman prime »

Snapdragon was taken aback by Cyclonus' abrupt acceptance of his plea for help. More troubling was the impression that they were the only two going, and of that he was certain the Unicron spawn had intended that. Serves me right for asking this group of loonies to help me out of a jam.

"Alright, Cyc, he's back behind us a fair bit. But I'm not in any shape to fly, so maybe just, uh, let's walk? eh?"

----------------------------
Underground
Ah, that's right, a Fleshling was bonded to this misfit.

The crooked sneer once again passed over Starscream's face, making it more horrible than the ruined scene it already was.
"I was dead. As dead as your current partner appears to be. Or perhaps I should have said your former partner?" He stooped and grabbed the Nebulan from the ruins of the horrorcon. "Cause face it, you need me at this point, too."

Spasma attempted to wriggle away, but the seeker was far too large and strong. Plus he had a point. The words stung to hear, though. Former partner. For all of his shortcomings, Apeface had been a decent host and partner. He liked violence and sloth as much as Spasma, and it hurt to know he was dead.
It hurt bad.
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Klamek's Tower

Spinister was hit in the back by the Quintesson soldier's fire as he neared the tower's control console. Aside from damaging his rotors the blast also propelled him forward, past the console. He fired several shots into the controls, but didn't get a chance to see if he'd hit them before he flew through the tower's observation window and fell toward the ground.

If he'd believed in Primus, the Targetmaster probably would have considered it a miracle that he managed to hit the ground from such a distance and get back up again. Inside, though, he was screaming in pain; taking a fall from that distance hurt a lot more than he would ever let on.

"Weirdwolf and Bludgeon," he barked into his comlink in a voice that almost but not quite managed to hide his considerable pain, "what's our status?"

(OOC: It's up to you whether those shots managed to do any damage, Warit.)

Roadway North

Cyclonus responded to Snapdragon's request by transforming, dropping to the ground beside the wounded Horrorcon with both of his weapons drawn.

"Very well," he said in his low, commanding voice. "Lead on."
optimusskids
Protoform

Post by optimusskids »

Weirdwolf shot down the hill towards the carnage

"coordinates these regroup at yes Sixshot , transmitting now am yes."

~*~

Under the city

Wingspan was exploring the labs gathering data, hearing a noise he swung his flashlight in that direction.

~*~

Pounce scrabbled recovering his missile launcher and then transformed and optics glowing red stalked into the darkness following the Quitns trail.

~*~

Roadway North

The corporal collapsed wounded in both legs. The one remaining soldier in the squad looked down at him then turned to run.

~*~

Weirdwolf revved his engine angling the improvised lance. Steering one handed he manoeuverd the bike.

The Quint glanced back in horror as he saw the headless motorcyclist gaining on him.

He picked up speed.

The lance penetrated the haplesses Quintessons back as he fled in terror.

Weirdwolf opened a com link

"sector this clear is almost yes."
redman prime

The north side

Post by redman prime »

"Uh...lead on? Yeah, you got it, boss." The idea of Cyclonus behind him made him slightly more uncomfortable than he cared to let on. But his voice had already betrayed that.

At least I got help to find Apey.
With that, he picked up the pace and his chin, striding purposefully once more.
Warit00
Protoform

Post by Warit00 »

----------Klamek's Tower----------

"Lucky Bastard." The Quint looked at the Decepticon through the broken window but something seem strange the AA gun suddenly went silence.

"Why the hell did you stop firing?"

"The gun. It just stop boss. It's erm...... energy shortage."

The console received some damages, unfortunately it's enough destroy the energy relaying circuits. Now this tower became no more useful than a cover.
He has no choice but to leave it.

"You boys get down here. We're leaving."

(OOC: Yup, see you next month.)
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Under the City

Hypotheon blundered forward into the darkness, not sure where he was going or what he would do when he got there. He'd run into walls several times, seen the silhouettes of various tunnel-dwelling creatures, and avoiding even the slightest flashed of light like they were harbingers of Unicron's return. Unfortunately for him, the Quintesson had been so busy trying to evade Bomb-Burst that he hadn't paid any attention to where he was going.

If he had, he'd have known that he was headed directly back toward Pounce.

Roadway North

Spinister, slowly approaching what remained of the battle, replied to Weirdwolf. "Acknowledged. And good work."

He continued to walk slowly, doing his best to hide the fact that only pure stubbornness was keeping him on his feet.

Cyclonus followed Snapdragon, more than a little amused that the Horrorcon seemed to be so uneasy around him.

It's good that he remembers why I was so feared. Very soon now, everyone will.

He scanned the area with his weapons, ready to gun down anything who came at them in an aggressive stance.
redman prime

The cavernous depths

Post by redman prime »

Starscream's grasp wasn't too tight, nor was it too loose. He carried Spasma with his fingers under his arms, somewhat crucifying the head of Apeface as he carried him through the dark of the tunnel.

"I am going to ask once, and do so with utmost cordiality. As I said, you need me, but I also need you. You are going to scavenge with me the body of this-" he made a sweeping gesture to the lifeless form of Slinger that they had come back to, "-And graft the usable pieces to me. A makeshift surgeon, if you will."

The sneer was gone from Starscreams face as he set the Nebulan down near the corpse. "Of course, should you say no, your life is forfeit. I shall give you ten minutes." And with that, he shambled off a few steps, close enough to easily catch the fleshy should he run, yet enough to give him a space to pace.

Of course, when we have completed this little foray into the medicinal realm, your life is forfeit also.
Heinrad

Post by Heinrad »

Roadway North:

Bludgeon: -creaks to his feet slowly, stumbling forward as he activates his commlink- "The Quints have developed a new chemical weapon, Spinister. I strongly suggest you stay away from it."

---------
Further up Roadway North:

Thundercracker: -transforms to robot mode, lands heavily near Ramjet, aims at the rubble blocking the tunnel, opens fire-
As a professional tanuki (I'm a Japanese mythological animal, and a good luck charm), I have an alarm clock built into me somewhere. I also look like a stuffed animal. And you thought your life was tough......

3DS Friend Code: 1092-1274-7642
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Roadway North

As Spinister continued to hobble down the street, he replied to Bludgeon.

"I'll take that under advisement," he said dryly. "I take it you had a run-in with it yourself. Do you need medical attention?"

Ramjet fired alongside Thundercracker, smiling grimly as their combined assault started to dig a sizable hole into the heap of rubble.
Clogs

Post by Clogs »

Tunnel system

At first, the driver had happily obeyed Lorsyx's order to pour on the speed, but he was forced to gradually slow down, disorientated by the combination of his headlights and the absolute blackness of the tunnel. For his part, Lorsyx did not remonstrate; he was feeling his wounds acutely, fangs clamped together to prevent himself gasping at every jolt.

Sudden, sharp, echoing reports told of rather forthright attempts being made to clear the blockage the Quintessons had left behind them. At that, Lorsyx managed a shadowy snarl of triumph - there was room for a jet to fly down here, but only a stupid one would do so.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Heinrad

Post by Heinrad »

Roadway North:

Bludgeon: -into commlink- "I do not require medical attention. Of the three of us that got hit with this substance, only Apeface appears offline."

BBC: -scowling, looking for targets-

-----------------

Thundercracker: -panels on his chest flipping open, two drone rockets roaring from his launchers, blowing the last blocking section of rubble apart- "We're through! C'mon, Ramjet!" -starts charging towards the entrance-
As a professional tanuki (I'm a Japanese mythological animal, and a good luck charm), I have an alarm clock built into me somewhere. I also look like a stuffed animal. And you thought your life was tough......

3DS Friend Code: 1092-1274-7642
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Tunnel System

Ramjet charged alongside Thundercracker into the tunnel, then swung his head around and took stock of the nigh pitch-black area they found themselves in.

Heh...pretty roomy down here.

Off in the distance, he could see the faint glow of vehicle running lights. With a shrug, the conehead transformed into vehicle mode and shot off after them, inadvertently proving Lorsyx right on both points.
optimusskids
Protoform

Post by optimusskids »

Under the city

Pounce sniffed his sensitive sensors picking up the Quintesson , then he did just what it said on the tin and pounced.
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Under The City

Hypotheon screamed as he saw Pounce's optics flashing before him, but he barely managed to start moving before the Decepticon landed atop him and knocked him to the ground.
optimusskids
Protoform

Post by optimusskids »

Going Underground

Weirdwolf banked towards the tunnel. Monzo following him in fits and starts as he struggled with the controls

He opened a com link

"Roadblock,Sixshot me to. Underground going are we."

Under the City

Pounce extended his claws then he leaned foward jaws snapping. His intention was to catch a tentacle in them and then pull, hard , very hard.