Transformer article on MSNBC.com

Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
Clay

Transformer article on MSNBC.com

Post by Clay »

Includes interview snippets with Benson Yee of BWTF, and Brian Savage of Botcon.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/19251314/

Coutesy of my aunt, who wanted to know if I knew the guy with 3000 toys :p
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Decent write-up.
Brian Savage, who organizes BotCon, said the movie has raised the awareness of Transformers among the general public. While BotCon has been around since 1994, and last year drew 2,200 people, estimates for this year’s convention from June 28-July 1 range from 4,000 to as much as 8,000, Savage said, the biggest BotCon yet.

“I think we’ll have a lot more Transformers fans after July 4,” he said.
Though you won't hold onto them if you shunt BotCon back into the arse-end of the year in 2008... holding conventions in, well, convention season is good for business...
Clay

Post by Clay »

Originally posted by Denyer
Though you won't hold onto them if you shunt BotCon back into the arse-end of the year in 2008... holding conventions in, well, convention season is good for business...

I suppose the franchise's future position in the convention pecking order depends on the success of the movie. People are certainly going to be more aware of it, regardless. Here's hoping...
Clogs

Post by Clogs »

And - cor, gosh! - 'some girls' like TFs, too! I just love those throwaway assumptions... :D

Nice find, Clay's Auntie.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]