Favorite moment from G1

Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
Cassettacon 27
Protoform

Favorite moment from G1

Post by Cassettacon 27 »

Everyone has to have a favorite moment.
Mine is from "Call Of The Primatives" when the Cassettacons eject all by themselves. Soundwaves reaction was great
"I'm malfunctioning!! Ejection is self activating!!"
Joke. Noun. A thing said or done to cause laughter. Something not in earnest or ridiculous.

-Slash
Animus Prime
Protoform

Post by Animus Prime »

Mine is from "The Return of Optimus Prime" Part 2 when Optimus meets his fellow Autobots for the first time since his resurrection and their repair. Blurr's simple, "Optimus?" followed by Kup's "Optimus Prime? Is it really you?" demonstrates how much the Autobots not only admired Optimus Prime, but dare I say, loved him. He was THEIR leader. They were loyal to Rodimus, but Optimus was a legend.
Proud Nintendo Fan
Protoform

Post by Proud Nintendo Fan »

^Considering how much of a legend Optimus was, it's no wonder Rodimus whined so much. He was (at heart) a teenager, who just wanted to race around and have fun (and he probably didn't have any desire to led the Autobots in the first place), he just so happened he was the Chosen One (something he often hated being) and not to mention look who he had to follow?

My all time favorite G1 moments are:

1. The final battle between Optimus Prime and Megatron (The Movie): Mostly due to the intensity of it and "The Touch" playing in the background, but the only problem was it could have been longer.

and

2. When Optimus Prime opens the Matrix in "The Return of Optimus Prime"
DrEvil

Post by DrEvil »

The errors
Animus Prime
Protoform

Post by Animus Prime »

Originally posted by Proud Nintendo Fan
^

My all time favorite G1 moments are:

1. The final battle between Optimus Prime and Megatron (The Movie): Mostly due to the intensity of it and "The Touch" playing in the background, but the only problem was it could have been longer.

Without a doubt, the final fight between Megatron and Optimus Prime is the greatest battle in all of G1 continuity, especially as it is really a continuation of the next greatest sequence, "Prime's Charge" in the movie where Optimus proves better than perhaps anywhere else that Autobots are not the wimps the Decepticon's believe. I especially like the use of his truck mode to mow the Decepticon's down followed by the aerial launch and flip, all the while blasting Decepticons. You almost imagine hearing with every shot, "This one's for Ironhide! For Prowl! For Brawn! For Ratchet!"

I, too, wish that the actual fight was longer, and I wish Hot Rod had not interfered, but how else would the battle have ended? Without Hot Rod getting in the way, Megatron might have blasted Optimus away on his own, not only sending Optimus out like a punk, but making him look stupid. Had Optimus blasted away at Megatron, who was beaten and pleading for mercy (even under false pretenses), he would have been an executioner-- not really in his character.

Originally posted by Proud Nintendo Fan
^
2. When Optimus Prime opens the Matrix in "The Return of Optimus Prime"

While this sequence is great in theory and meant to be moving, it is flawed by the terrible animation relative to the movie. I wanted to see Matrix effects like that in the movie, if not greater-- after all, wasn't the Hate Plague an even darker hour than Unicron himself? If not, would they really have been able to open the Matrix? Anyway, instead of a phenomenal display of light and power and energy, we get a Matrix energy scribble that looked like the animator had let his four-year-old son draw it with a blue crayon (and a cheapo, off-brand crayon at that, not even a Crayola). The less-than-excellent Matrix really hurts the sequence. By the way, how did Jessica and Gregory end up in Russia anyway?
Cassettacon 27
Protoform

Post by Cassettacon 27 »

Originally posted by Animus Prime
You almost imagine hearing with every shot, "This one's for Ironhide! For Prowl! For Brawn! For Ratchet!"
What about Wheeljack and Windcharger? :(
Or are they just chopped slag?
Joke. Noun. A thing said or done to cause laughter. Something not in earnest or ridiculous.

-Slash
Animus Prime
Protoform

Post by Animus Prime »

Prowl, Ironhide, Brawn, and Ratchet all died on the cargo ship after Energon. Assuming that Prime figured out the Decepticons managed a sneak attack on Autobot City, I believe he would intuitively know that the crew of the shuttle would be dead.

Wheeljack and Windcharger, however, died defending Autobot City. Prime's arrival and immediate battle with Megatron did not allow him to get a list of casualties. Hence, I didn't include them in my original post.

Of course, I could just be making this all up instead of just admitting that I didn't include them because I just didn't include them.
Baxter

Post by Baxter »

The day they cancelled the series and replaced it with TMNT
Ozz
Protoform

Post by Ozz »

I dunno, when Optimus Prime destroys Unicron, maybe.
Dark Dranzer
Protoform

Post by Dark Dranzer »

I'm not certain yet...probably the scene where Galvatron was calling to Cyclonus for help in Webworld. I don't think I'll forget that pleading tone in his voice in a hurry.

S- Megatron is that you?

G- Here's a hint!!

*ka-blammo*
metroprimeus
Protoform

Post by metroprimeus »

" Arise Rodimus Prime... Optimus" in TF the movie.

That was special, I remember as a kid :)
Hang on to your dreams, the Future is built on dreams, Hang on...
Dreadwing
Protoform

Post by Dreadwing »

Originally posted by Baxter
The day they cancelled the series and replaced it with TMNT

"You Bastard" - Peter Griffin, Family Guy

My favorite moment is in "The Ultimate Doom pt 1" when at the end Prime is forced to activate the space bridge. Seeing Cybertron come to earth is awsome. This is one of the few times Megatron unquestionably wins, and Prime knows it. I remember as a kid this was, to me anyway, the biggest event of the entire series. The three part episode is still my favorite of G1.

Best Line:
After Megatron rants about winning and starts laughing...
Prime - Have I saved Cybertron, only to destroy the Earth.
Alternator Swindle
Protoform

Post by Alternator Swindle »

TF:TM: Dont't leave me soundwave. Spoken by megatron

Tf:TM: From crowd: What's his name. Galvatron: Galvatron!
Right after he crushes the crown of Starscream
XBL Gamertag: DR SR PEANUT
Socom 3: DR.SR.PEANUT
Resident Evil!!!!!
Resident Archive NASCAR fan
Spaceman_spiff
Protoform

Post by Spaceman_spiff »

"Prepare for extermination!" Devastator pounding away
Hearing it on surround sound makes the hairs in my neck stand up! =)

Best comic G1 "this is how we are going to do it Prowl!.....We are going to fight to the death!
I think its Grimlock Ripping the guts out off Wierd Wolf
HotShot81
Protoform

Post by HotShot81 »

I have 2 moments.

1) The Battle at Sherman Dam, the Autobots defined the war from then on in. Prime and Megatron also had thier first real battle, one where it was 1 on 1, no hold barge.

2)The whole Prime VS Megatron battle in the movie. Mind you I wish Megatron had whipped around to blast away Hot Shot, before Prime turned Megatron into a POW.
Captain Jade
Protoform

Post by Captain Jade »

I'm surprised there aren't more comic moments being mentioned (or is this mainly a cartoon-centric forum?). For my money, I'd go with the moment in Target: 2006 where Galvatron proclaims: "So shall fall all who oppose me! Starscream has fallen, the Autobots have fallen...Megatron, Soundwave!...Who will stop Galvatron now?"

And the answer from Ultra Magnus: "I will. Ultra Magnus will stop you Galvatron...or die trying!"

Sheer class! Not only did it help confirm (comic) Ultra Magnus as my all-time favourite character, it stands out as one of the best cliff-hanger moments of any TF story, cartoon or comic.
The Captain
wreckie
Protoform

Post by wreckie »

Mine's a weird one. It's from 'The Golden Lagoon,' an episode that in general I don't find particularly enthralling. But right at the end...

... the Autobots have been victorious and are preparing to roll out. One of them - I think it's Optimus - calls out to Beachcomber: "We won!" before departing, leaving him alone.

Beachcomber just stands surveying the blasted landscape that was a paradise before the battle and just says sadly to himself: "Yeah. We won."

A genuinely moving moment, which is a pretty rare thing in the G1 cartoon.
Ozz
Protoform

Post by Ozz »

Originally posted by Captain Jade
Sheer class! Not only did it help confirm (comic) Ultra Magnus as my all-time favourite character, it stands out as one of the best cliff-hanger moments of any TF story, cartoon or comic.
And then it follows with one of the coolest fight scenes ever. :)

I don't like cartoon, but the ending of The Golden Lagoon is brilliant.
DrSpengler
Protoform

Post by DrSpengler »

I tend to enjoy the little things.

Plague of Insecticons: "Taste the lightning! Lightning!" "It...tastes...terrible..."

Roll For It: Soundwave tumbling through the air, screaming. I think it's the only time he ever screamed in the entire series. Sounded great, and evens out his Dr. Claw voice later on in that episode.

Last Episode of Victory: When Star Saber impales Deathczarus through the chest with his sword and breaks it off in him...damn. A great end to the best of all the G1 cartoons.

Rebirth: Sixshot taking out the Aerialbots. There's some stuff I liked about Rebirth, and it was probably the nicest animation Akom ever gave us. Sixshot taking out all 6 Aerialbots, displaying all 6 of his modes just looked great. Made me buy the toy, anyway.

Triple Take-Over: I don't know which I liked more, the complete incompetance of Blitzwing or the fact that his football-inspired tactics worked.

2010: I liked the majority of 2010. I liked that we had a darker tone (for the most part), I liked that we got functioning continuity outside of multi-parters and I liked that we got a smaller cast of characters to deal with so that we could actually give a damn about them (somewhat). My favorite episodes are "Webworld", "Only Human" and "Dark Awakening".

An episode of Masterforce: I can't be damned to remember the title because I hated the series. However, the Destrons had one of the best/goofiest plots ever in this episode. "Kidnap all the doctors in the world so humans will get weak and die". Brilliant.

Oh, and there are plenty of other moments I enjoyed through out the series and all it's various shows. These are just a small selection.
RID Scourge

Post by RID Scourge »

Mine is from "The Return of Optimus Prime" Part 2 when Optimus meets his fellow Autobots for the first time since his resurrection and their repair. Blurr's simple, "Optimus?" followed by Kup's "Optimus Prime? Is it really you?" demonstrates how much the Autobots not only admired Optimus Prime, but dare I say, loved him. He was THEIR leader. They were loyal to Rodimus, but Optimus was a legend.

I actually like the part right after that, when they ask him what's the plan, and he says "Um . . . I don't know." Revealing that he's nothing without the matrix to do his thinking for him. It definitely made me say "Pfft! Dumbass!"
Without Hot Rod getting in the way, Megatron might have blasted Optimus away on his own, not only sending Optimus out like a punk, but making him look stupid.

That's what happens in the comic adaptation.