Prequel #2 review + preview, plus Soundwave spotlight preview

Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
Denyer

Prequel #2 review + preview, plus Soundwave spotlight preview

Post by Denyer »

I sat down to review this and realised I couldn't without fairly huge spoilers for anyone who's been avoiding them, so please be warned if you are. Equally I've tried to keep some things vague so that they'll be a surprise (assuming the movie's anything like the spoilers for it that've leaked, anyway -- which is in no way certain.)

http://tfarchive.com/comics/idw/movieprequel2a.php

Preview pages of both the Prequel #2 and Spotlight: Soundwave here --

http://www.idwpublishing.com/newreleases.shtml

Which should give us a double dose of comics on the 21st. :)
inflatable dalek

Post by inflatable dalek »

The Soundwave Spotlight is looking mighty fine, and I'm loving how it extends that bit from Shockwave.

Is Whitwicky confirmed as Spike's surname in the Movie (making this guy a relative)?
REVIISITATION: THE HOLE TRUTH
STARSCREAM GOES TO PIECES IN MY LOOK AT INFILTRATION #6!
PLUS: BUY THE BOOKS!
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Yup, as far as I know --

http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en&q= ... itwicky%22

Soundwave is indeed looking and reading good, though it'd be nice if whoever's saving the pages out for previews made them more bloody legible.
Nevermore

Post by Nevermore »

Spotlight: Soundwave looks like yet another nifty addition to the ever-unfolding goodness that's the main IDW-verse.
Looking for a complete Energon Sky Shadow (from Superion Maximus).
Offering: Binaltech Hound, Swindle, Ravage (Corvette), Skids.
Can buy in stores: Robot Heroes Tigatron/Inferno, Ricochet/Predaking.
Megatimus
Protoform

Post by Megatimus »

Movie and IDW universe just get cooler and cooler.
MegatronIDW
Protoform

Post by MegatronIDW »

Can't wait for the Soundwave Spotlight, out this week. From the preview pages, it looks fantastic. Great to see Soundwave as megatron's right hand man again (I practically heard Soundwave's funky cartoon voice when he said "Yes, Lord Megatron")
And, with Bludgeon involved on Earth, it's looking more and more likely that the Machination IS being run by a transformer (CoughScorponokcough). Can't wait to see what happens in the rest of this Spotlight, and how it'll tie into Soundwave joining Megatron's Decepticons in Escalation.
another tf fan

Post by another tf fan »

The intertwining stories of inf, esc, storm and spot are so cool. I am loving this.

The look back to 1984 is wonderful.

The movie prequels are even better. Megatron's space jet is way cool and this movie megs is by far the most focused and evil we have ever seen of any megatron.

I am so glad Megs has the allspark macguffin to give him a reason to be evil instead of some vauge notion of dominating the universe. I know the result is the same (if he gets the allspark he will "control the universe or something")

great stuff here
Come on and wind me up.