Server Issues Thread

Problem? Question? Suggestion? Post it here.
secretcode

Server Issues Thread

Post by secretcode »

EDIT: Never Mind. I suppose anyone else who has issues can post here.
Latest Hauls: Supertrain Megazord, RID Galvatron, Nightwatch Prime
TF Total: 173 ---- Non-TF: 32
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Looks like the DNS has propagated to the UK, so most people within the US ought probably to have the updated entries as well. Depends on your ISP, and restarting a browser / modem / box might hasten picking things up.

There may be one or two posts from earlier got eaten, but nothing major.

Re: your sig, it's spelt "acquisitions".
Clogs

Post by Clogs »

Ah, I seem to have lost all connections - I had to Google to get this! The e-mail alerts go to the re-sited message and what I can find so far is all yesterday posts only...

Um, help, Denyer :glance:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Ackula

Post by Ackula »

I had to flush my DNS to get the site to work. You may wanna try that by doing the following...

- If using XP/Vista, Start Run, CMD (as admin for vista), it will open
dos window, type ipconfig /flushdns and try again.
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

That should work in XP and 2000 as well, IIRC. Didn't think Windows actually kept entries cached long enough by default for it to matter...
The e-mail alerts go to the re-sited message
What's the URL in those? Chances are it's just a message or two that got delayed in sending/receipt from during the switch.
I had to Google to get this!
Um... run that by me again?
Vincent
Protoform

Post by Vincent »

I made this really long post in the comic thread I made at the media forum, and when I clicked submit it gave me the forum-moving message. AAAAAAARGH. I clicked back but it gave me that message again and couldn't get my reply back.

Half a day later I made the post again (or what I could remember of it) and it was submitted correctly. I was even sent back to the thread and I saw my post, but some hours later I checked back and the post was gone! It's weird because I'm positive I saw the post on the thread. It's also funny since, even though the post was gone, the thread was bumped up.

I wouldn't care except it's a really long post which I made twice already, and I'm not sure if I'll make it a third time =/
Halfshell

Post by Halfshell »

Didn't have any major problems myself. A browser reboot and entering the url direct got me to the right place. Bookmarks sorted themselves out after that.
Vincent wrote:It's weird because I'm positive I saw the post on the thread. It's also funny since, even though the post was gone, the thread was bumped up.
Nah, the post would have been made but got eaten in the transfer. Backup of the board was ported across to the new server - anything made between the save and restore wasn't carried over. Only about 20 or so posts lost. A few of mine included. Transfans lost about a day's worth of activity too.
TFArchive
Custom Title: King Lurker

Post by TFArchive »

Vincent, check PM, I sent you a copy of your old message from the old board, feel free to repost it here.

If anyone wants to get their old posts you can do this to access the old board for a few days.

Open
"C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\etc\hosts" with notepad and add a line like this:
72.21.57.154 tfarchive.com, Save and exit.

That will bypass your ISPs DNS server and force your system to use the old address. You can just undo this changes when you have your post copied to notepad.

Thanks
--
Brendan Reilly
The Transformers Archive
http://tfarchive.com/
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Thank God for this thread... working theory from a few people appears to be that I got bored, lsot concentration and just started deleting stuff. And, well, I have form, but... y'know.
secretcode

Post by secretcode »

Is there anyway my post from the RPG can be recovered? It was in the Iacon thread, and I sorta forgot what I posted.
Halfshell

Post by Halfshell »

The boss just told you...
If anyone wants to get their old posts you can do this to access the old board for a few days.

Open
"C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\etc\hosts" with notepad and add a line like this:
72.21.57.154 tfarchive.com, Save and exit.

That will bypass your ISPs DNS server and force your system to use the old address. You can just undo this changes when you have your post copied to notepad.
Yes?
secretcode

Post by secretcode »

EDIT: Never mind. Things take time I suppose.

Still: F***ing Vista.
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Vista will try to stop you (as with oh-so-dangerous stuff like tidying up your Start Menu...) but it is still possible to manually change a HOSTS file --

http://www.mvps.org/winhelp2002/hostsvista.htm
Clogs

Post by Clogs »

Denyer wrote:Um... run that by me again?
I completely lost the TFA link; I suspect crocogators and alligiles were to blame... well, something ate the ruddy link. Had to Goog to find again and add to favourites, and then found this thread.

How could you the swap over do this to me, Denyer? :(

Anyhow, I'm in the thing now (fingers crossed) and have arranged to pick up on all the recent threads I wish to continue to subscribe to.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]