Thoughts On Sexing Up the G1 Cartoon Section.

Working area for reviews.

Moderators: Skyquake87, ganon578

inflatable dalek

Thoughts On Sexing Up the G1 Cartoon Section.

Post by inflatable dalek »

As I'm currently using it as a guide as I rewatch the series (this Optimus Prime character is rather good, I can see him going on to be a bit of an icon), a couple of things occurred to me that might jazz up the section a bit.

First up, it's laid out according to the Rhino DVD sets (ie, the two full seasons split in half). As these are now long defunct and the episodes are in a completely different order to how they are on the sets anyway (closer to broadcast order I'm guessing? Otherwise some of the differences seem a bit random) perhaps doing away with this and removing the big pic of the Rhino season 1 set from the top would be a good idea? Perhaps replace it with some screencaps or something?

Also, as Counter-X has with it's Go-Bots episode guide, a separate page just listing the episodes in straightforward broadcast order for at a glance use would be neat as well. For some slightly annoying reason the Wiki lets you follow the episodes according to the DVD (production?) order, Japanese transmission order and G2 transmission order but not how they first went out in America.

Plus (and more importantly from one poster's point of view ;) ), I don't think Blackjack is credited for his work on the stuff post season 2.
REVIISITATION: THE HOLE TRUTH
STARSCREAM GOES TO PIECES IN MY LOOK AT INFILTRATION #6!
PLUS: BUY THE BOOKS!
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

I'm not quite that humble.

For all it's worth, when I was changing the homepage for the G1 cartoon homepage, I added 'Reviews for post-Five Faces of Darkness Season 3 and 4 episodes are done by Blackjack' or something similar. Hey, I did that, I need to credit myself, no?

But for some reason when I uploaded the edited page it didn't show up and I didn't notice until you pointed it out now.

Although, what I want to do is to sex up the Movieverse section. I made the reviews, the guides, character profiles, and the transcripts. I want them up, but want permission first.

AND BEAST WARS! Plus give me two weeks and Beast Machines would be completed as well.

Which brings me to bear... Armada, Robots in Disguise, Animated and Prime. Which ones should I review next? Come on, decide my obsession for the next few months.
inflatable dalek

Blackjack wrote: Which brings me to bear... Armada, Robots in Disguise, Animated and Prime. Which ones should I review next? Come on, decide my obsession for the next few months.

Well, as you're going through the English stuff in sequence RID is likely the best bet.

Assuming you know how I can't see anyone having a problem with you putting the Movie/Other stuff up. Though that's not really my decision.
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

I'm doing an episode guide in chronological order (Fight or Flee before Starscream's Ghost, for example) but it's slow burning, because I'm distracted by shiny things (ooo, the DOTM Prequel is out! Ooo, a new Prime episode! Ooo, MOVIEVERSE PAGE!).

After I'm done with blinging up the Movieverse page (and reviewing those errant IDW comics and last 7 BM episodes) I'll probably do RID concurrent with TF: Prime or TF: Animated. Modern and old, going in hand-in-hand. Only way to keep me sane with the Japanese shows.

Also added a link in the main Cartoons page that leads to our awesome TFTM resource page, with the transcripts and screencaps and song lyrics and all.

But more importantly, I am now credited.
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Allright, I've meant to do this but it slipped me mind. Now I'm ready to make edits. So, dalek... what you mean is combine the two parts of Season Two and Season Three together, right? And follow the broadcasting order?

Gimme two weeks and Imma gonna fix that. And put in Beest Wars too.
inflatable dalek

Blackjack wrote:Allright, I've meant to do this but it slipped me mind. Now I'm ready to make edits. So, dalek... what you mean is combine the two parts of Season Two and Season Three together, right? And follow the broadcasting order?
Yep on the just presenting it as seasons 2 and three. I don't hugely object to them being in a suggested viewing order, as long as the original broadcast is listed somewhere as well in a way it can be seen at a glance.
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

inflatable dalek wrote:Yep on the just presenting it as seasons 2 and three. I don't hugely object to them being in a suggested viewing order, as long as the original broadcast is listed somewhere as well in a way it can be seen at a glance.
I'll try to do it today!
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

inflatable dalek

Awesomeness.