Alternators Nemesis Prime update!

Post by Nevermore »

http://www.allspark.com/forums/index.ph ... opic=13886
ITEM(S) NOT YET SHIPPED
Item number: 81456
Item name: TRANSFORMERS ALTERNATORS Dodge Ram SRT-10 NEMESIS PRIME Figure
Quantity: 1
Estimated ship date: 11/1/2006

We apologize for any inconvenience. If you have any questions regarding your order or would like to change your order, please call our Customer Service Center at 1-800-408-0052. IF YOU ARE WILLING TO WAIT UNTIL THE DATE(S) INDICATED ABOVE TO RECEIVE YOUR ORDER, YOU MUST CONTACT US TO CONFIRM THAT YOU STILL WANT THE ITEM(S). IF WE DO NOT HEAR FROM YOU, THE ITEM(S) WILL NOT BE SHIPPED, AND YOU WILL NOT BE CHARGED FOR THEM.
Looking for a complete Energon Sky Shadow (from Superion Maximus).
Offering: Binaltech Hound, Swindle, Ravage (Corvette), Skids.
Can buy in stores: Robot Heroes Tigatron/Inferno, Ricochet/Predaking.
Halfshell

Post by Halfshell »

We apologize for any inconvenience. If you have any questions regarding your order or would like to change your order...
Does that apply to people who've got it and think it's rubbish?
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

You can't be having that much trouble finding someone to take it off your hands...
Halfshell

Post by Halfshell »

Haven't been actively trying, to be honest. Finally managed to get it back into truck mode to a decent degree and there it's stayed... it's a fair enough vehicle display piece (even if I've no clue how to get the engine back in and close the bonnet), but sodding awful as a toy/robot/anything else...

The question was more a curiosity point of view thing... as to exactly what was covered by them apologising for the inconvenience... it'd be nice to have Hasbro say sorry for something being naff... admission, at the very least...
ColdBain
Protoform

Post by ColdBain »

Does anyone else here think that the Alternators Optimus Prime mould would have been bettered suited to another character, say, Ironhide? I got my just last week, and when I managed to turn him into a robot, I looked at him for the longest while, thinking that he really had the wrong head. I don't know what it is exactly, but the robot mode reminds me a lot of the G1 Ironhide, the character in particular, I'm not sure visually...
Cyclone_X
Protoform

Post by Cyclone_X »

Originally posted by ColdBain
Does anyone else here think that the Alternators Optimus Prime mould would have been bettered suited to another character, ...

it would have been better if the HasTak designers did not look over the unused space in his lower legs, he could easyly have longer upperlegs because of that, now he looks like he has no upper legs at all
BTFA, 2 year anniversary
Nevermore

Post by Nevermore »

Originally posted by ColdBain
Does anyone else here think that the Alternators Optimus Prime mould would have been bettered suited to another character, say, Ironhide?

I'm pretty sure Hasbro thought so. But unfortunately Takara insisted on making him Optimus Prime, because they thought they couldn't sell a Dodge Ram in Japan otherwise.
ColdBain
Protoform

Post by ColdBain »

Well I guess that makes sense. I gotta say, as a vehicle, it's quite different from any of the other Alternators that I have, in size it's a lot bigger, it's kinda exciting to see what licenses they acquire for the future (or what car types).
numbat

Post by numbat »

I finally managed to pick up an alternators Prime yesterday, and I'm actually really chuuffed with it - just to be controversial.

He certainly comes close to being my fave Prime design (RM still lucks out I think). But, then, I'm also a big fan of pick-ups, so I'm probably more biased than usual.

The only thing that knocks him down slightly in my opinion is the floppy bits that just sit randomly above his shoulders - they'd look a lot better if they could slide in line with the other shoulder pillars.

I can forgive the legs easily.

(On a side note - does anyone else have extreme difficulty convincing the legs to extend, and then slide back? I'm terrified of breaking mine everytime I transform him.)

As to Nemesis, I'm in a quandry. I love this mold, but I just hate red windows. He would look a lot more realistic with plain clear ones.
ravimus prime
Protoform

Post by ravimus prime »

Originally posted by numbat
(On a side note - does anyone else have extreme difficulty convincing the legs to extend, and then slide back? I'm terrified of breaking mine everytime I transform him.)

Yeah, mine was like that, but it loosens over time. I have Optimus and I really don't like him. I only managed to get the engine block back in and close the bonnet once. His robot mode is rubbish.
RID Scourge

Post by RID Scourge »

I really wouldn't recommend the mold to anyone, who isn't a fan of either character. I found the robot mode to be better than pictures indicated, but not by much. I like pickup trucks, and Rams are some of the biggest, meanest-looking sonofaguns on the road, so the car mode is awesome. Transformation is a real booznatch, but after a few times, it loosens/becomes ingrained in your memory, so it's not as bad.
Ford DeceptiFocus
Protoform

Post by Ford DeceptiFocus »

Same thing happened to me--ordered in July and won't be coming untill November. I called and said, "nearly 6 months for a toy that was confirmed--isn't that asking a bit much out of customer?" And the lady--VERY SNOTTILY says, "Do you want it or don't you?" I get better customer services from my drug dealer. LOL (JUST A JOKE)
Till All Are Drunk with the Matrix!
God Jinrai
Protoform

Post by God Jinrai »

... Takara insisted on making him Ginrai. NOT OPTIMUS PRIME.

hasblow could just as easily have repainted the hands, and done up a new head-sculpt JUST LIKE THEY DID ON DEADEND and done an ironhide deal, and had NO trouble.
Clay

Post by Clay »

Originally posted by God Jinrai
... Takara insisted on making him Ginrai. NOT OPTIMUS PRIME.

You're splitting hairs. Besides, the orignal plan was for it to be Binaltech Convoy*, not Ginrai. Then it was planned as Ginrai, then cancelled, then Kiss Convoy.

hasblow could just as easily have repainted the hands, and done up a new head-sculpt JUST LIKE THEY DID ON DEADEND and done an ironhide deal, and had NO trouble.
Huh? The Takara and Hasbro Dead Ends have the same head.

(*BT18 apparently, according to the story writer whose name I've currently forgotten, but that numbering includes the also cancelled BT16 Black Widow).
Knightdramon
Protoform

Post by Knightdramon »

Originally posted by Clay
You're splitting hairs. Besides, the orignal plan was for it to be Binaltech Convoy*, not Ginrai. Then it was planned as Ginrai, then cancelled, then Kiss Convoy.

(*BT18 apparently, according to the story writer whose name I've currently forgotten, but that numbering includes the also cancelled BT16 Black Widow).

It's not really certain whether or not he was planned as Ginrai or Convoy.

BT 17 was Ginrai and BT 18 Hotrod, the final binaltech. It's mentionned in bwtf, under Skid's review.
Few stuff in the UK to trade/sell. Measly sales thread.
Halfshell

Post by Halfshell »

Originally posted by Clay

Don't all the Alt and BT counterparts have the same head? With the exception of Windcharger/Overdrive, with that only being a minor difference...
Nevermore

Post by Nevermore »

Originally posted by Brendocon
Don't all the Alt and BT counterparts have the same head? With the exception of Windcharger/Overdrive, with that only being a minor difference...

Depends on whether you count Mirage and Rodimus as "counterparts".

EDIT: If you count Windcharger/Overdrive, you also have to count Wheeljack.
http://www.cosmicrust.com/toys/binaltec ... Alt08.html
Halfshell

Post by Halfshell »

Well, Windy and Overcharge were effectively the equivalents of each other... same design released at about the same time (or at least announced/leaked at about the same time)... head was tweaked... but it's no more a dramatic difference than the Alt and BTA versions of Sunstreaker.

Rodimus and Mirage are a lot more distinct. Or, to put it another way, how many people bought both Windcharger and Overdrive? :)
Blitzwing's Ghost
Protoform

Post by Blitzwing's Ghost »

If anyone's interested & happens to live in the UK, Alternators Prime is available from Argos stores for £19.99. I'm going to be awkward aswelll cause i like the Dodge/prime mould, it could have been made better by having the character as Ironhide or even Trailbreaker. Quite surprised there hasn't been anyone mention a Magnus re-paint yet :D

Also for nemesis prime, there are loads appearing on Ebay for about £15-£20 each, but then the shipping is about the same cause i've just paid for one from Hong Kong, as long as it arrives i'm happy.
Nevermore

Post by Nevermore »